Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HOST MIGRATION

moerjaijamaisjouer

I am having this issue also, I've been trying to stay in a match with friends and 5 minutes in I get the "Connection to host lost" message and lose everything I've earned. Its made being able to play with friends and pubs impossible because the host drops repeatedly. I've submitted a ticket and 2 days still no reply.

A host migration during The Index when you're given the option to cash out or reinvest will result in the rest of the squad being locked on the screen where you see the match score. You can neither open your chat box nor hit escape to exit out, and are forced to Alt+F4/force the game to close in order to get out of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has this problem been fixed yet? It happens all the time when I am in Endless missions. Sometimes in the beginning 5 waves....sometimes much later waves.....really sucks. At the moment, I was told to turn down graphics and get rid of Direct X 10 and 11.....strangely enough...its helped a bit. Game lagged, but I didn't get kicked out with a message saying Host Migration.

FIX THIS ASAP

I'm losing everything that I'm farming because of this stupid bug

It already happened FOUR times only today, 100 minutes wasted on ESO for nothing because the host decided to leave and I'm stuck at host migration having to alt F4. 

I'm afraid to play now because it seems like everything that I grind is lost either because of host migration or because I'm stuck at Session Unavailable 

Edited by JCistheway

Please fix this bug. Happens on plains, in sanctuary, everywhere.

Migration used to sometimes freeze the game before, but lately it is almost a certainty. Especially Sanctuary is now almost unplayable unless you have pre-matched team that can agree on extraction and does not have buggy internet connection. Or play solo.

Not only in PoE. 
Do you want to fix this? Use DX9 and be happy. So, we have a game that only run well in DX9, that DX you'd used ten years ago... That DX without optimization, the DX that freeze your game on alt tabbing, changing graphics, and things like that. So, use this DX to no get Host Migration, this is what DE are trying to tell us. Run a game in 2018 with DX9 and have the a third of FPS you usually have and at least, play the game recently updated with a new chapter that releases teasers and a lot of announcements like if it all bugs from 2012, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 was fixed finally.

Hope I didn't wrote wrong and you can understand.

SX6KP57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem today with host migration. I was doing a lith fissure intercept in a pug game when we all but, one player voted to extract. The player that did not stay remained on the undecided area before disconnecting and forcing a host migration which caused the rest of the group to be stuck in host migration limbo for over 15 minutes. I stayed because we had run 30 waves and i wanted to try and collect my rewards. The other two also stayed waiting for a short while. After waiting it out instead of ending the mission it threw me back in the mission solo. Ya not cool. Annoyed at this point i just closed game and did something else for the day. Pretty  please fix this

• 2 weeks later...

Are DE really preocupated about this problem? I don't think so... Old problem. No answers.

Can't join missions on PoE, but I can host them. To avoid the host migration:

- Run the game without the bugged DX10 and DX11 and lose a lot of fps and graphic quality.

OR

- When finishing the timer to enter on a map, ALT + Tab... Wait until you are on the map, only ALT TAB again when you have sure that you're already in the map.

This works for me a lot... But DE doesn't care about it.

• 1 month later...

happened to me with a couple of my missions too. Even at my first successful eidolon hunt. host leaves and i couldnt get any rewards. and it just happened to my bounty again. host left and now i have to do it over again. i dont mind since its just a bounty but that eidolon hunt.....

this is a major bug that should be looked into. its not like a graphic glitch that can be ignored easily.

• 1 month later...

It's sad to say, but this is getting out of hand again and I just remembered why I took a three year break from Warframe(From which I originally didn't plan to come back, but then the Orokin Tea Set happened). I didn't have too many host migration fails since I came back, at least not in the beginning, but since a Month or so it's continiously getting worse to a point, at which I can almost asume a 50% fail rate of the process and losing all the loot. This is no fun at all - hope this gets fixed soon, but I don't see it coming.

Another thing you can do to avoid the host migration, is being the host.

You just have to select the mission and when appears "searching for squads" or something like that, you quickly press Esc, until you get out from the planets map. Then, select the same mission and you will be the host.

In the SA servers is almost impossible to play because the ping between Brazil and Argentina, Venezuela and others is a mess. At the same squad, the ms goes from 200, to 600 or even more, and not counting the frequent host migrations. When I say frequent, I'm talking about 2/10 squads that I join, I can play with this ms.

And last observation: Host Migration isn't working anymore. All the time I get the message "host migration", I wait and after 20 seconds in average, I get the other message that I'll be redirected to my orbital.

Fixes, fixes, fixes and fixes, but what is important, doesn't have those properly attention.

if you stopped playing now and came back a year later you'd still run into it, don't hold your breath, there are posts dating back all the way to 2016 with same issue and no fix and the devs keeps talking about "content drought", enjoy the new content with brand new host migrations crashes and other BS which will never be addressed

Host Migrations Errors have caused me to lose rewards from vaulted relics multiple times within the span of the past week. Is there a way to recover those relics or am I unable to get compensation for an error that was not caused by myself?