The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Log-in Highly Unfair

(PSN)CamoLogan

People are still going to complain even after DE changes the log-in system to pick your milestone.

I think the sad reality is that DE isn't allowed to give people stuff because people that leave for years or just join are going to get upset for whatever reason. 

At this rate DE should stop having events, anniversary gear, and other stuff because people who don't participate in it are just going to be offended. 

I literally just got Primed Shred the other day and can patiently wait for the Sigma and Octantis. Cheers to you who log-in, play, and get neat stuff every other month. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb kuciol:

For starters DE will never do that because it became a symbol

I think we slowly get closer...

Like the Founders Gear became a symbol showing that you supported the game in the early years,

the  Lodestar  Syandana for example became a symbol for Player who supported the game by logging in(AND playing at least a bit...) for the last 800 Days.

Maybe the Login rewards are not a symbol for you but they are a symbol for the majority of players

or at least by the majority of players in this thread as you can see by looking at the dispensation of Up and Downvotest

the player got who are for or against a Daily Tribute change.

Edited by CpT-LaZeR
typos

1 hour ago, HunterH said:

What ? you made an account in 2017 ? what ir you talking about ?

oh yeah... Wow.

And also, I'm pretty sure PS4 users got it a lot later than us. I think. 

If anyone doesn't know what HunterH meant, s/he meant that the OP actually joined in 2017, and not ages ago, when the actual daily log-in reward system was released.

The weapons are ok to be time gated, it's the mods that make me a bit mad.

There some of the best primed mods in this login system, because f-u for not logging everyday.

Mods should never be time gated, as they are most important part of making stuff powerful. Only thing more important is fashion frame.

8 hours ago, CpT-LaZeR said:

Like the Founders Gear became a symbol showing that you supported the game in the early years,

the  Lodestar  Syandana for example became a symbol for Player who supported the game by logging in(AND playing at least a bit...) for the last 800 Days.

Maybe the Login rewards are not a symbol for you but they are a symbol for the majority of players

or at least by the majority of players in this thread as you can see by looking at the dispensation of Up and Downvotest

Since you are so slow of getting this let me spell it out : DE will never give up founders gear but they are willing to change login system. Thats the difference here.

Since you ignore everything you cant counter ( the fact that you mention Syandana as symbol, the thing im 100% ok with clearly shows that) i see no reason to continue this disscusion any further.

Edited by kuciol

22 hours ago, LeaserResael said:

And? If it's just "spending 800 minutes to get it" then why are people complaining? Sorry but I disagree. It is the same.

It doesn't matter if it takes just 1 minute to log in, because it took 800 days to get the newest Syandana, I had to login every single day to get it. So I've been doing something for more than 2 years to get to where I am now (meanwhile the OP decided not to do it, take a year or more off and now comes here complaining about it). If DE respects the time players spent farming for the Hema (something I too had to do and I wouldn't have any issues with them lowering the costs for newer players) they should respect players' time now too. 

As I said before, I don't mind them changing the login system and allowing people to get the login rewards sooner, I really don't care. What I do care is DE being consistent and not doing something one time and another thing later.

It doesn't matter if for you it's not the same, the thing is that farming for the hema or login in for 800+ days both -take time-, so either they respect ALL of the players' time or they don't. But it's not fair to use the excuse of "We respect the time people spent farming the hema" and now they don't care about every single player that's been playing for 800+ days.

My point is, if they change they login system and allow newer players to access that stuff sooner, they should go back and change the Hema's cost too. Be consistent either way, respect people's time or make the necessary changes, but don't go around using that excuse whenever fits them the most.

The Hema is one single item, the login system has 16 rewards. The time it would take to get all 16 rewards we currently have would still take players 800 days with the proposed system. They are still taking the same exact time to get everything you enjoy, being able to bypass the 2 year wall in front of them and choose a reward while still having the same work ahead of them to get all rewards. Vets that are at top count for their login days would get new items exactly the same way they are now, and there would be a little less pressure on them to maintain that login as they can now catch up to the goods theyd want.

hace 3 minutos, NeithanDiniem dijo:

The Hema is one single item, the login system has 16 rewards. The time it would take to get all 16 rewards we currently have would still take players 800 days with the proposed system. They are still taking the same exact time to get everything you enjoy, being able to bypass the 2 year wall in front of them and choose a reward while still having the same work ahead of them to get all rewards. Vets that are at top count for their login days would get new items exactly the same way they are now, and there would be a little less pressure on them to maintain that login as they can now catch up to the goods theyd want.

Did you read what I said? It doesn't matter that the hema is one item, as it doesn't matter that the login system has 16 rewards. Both things take -time- to get, that's the main focus.

I'm not against DE changing the login system in order to make it easier for newer players. I farmed the Hema 3 times and I didn't complain either. As I wouldn't mind them lowering the costs so newer clans can get it faster. I really don't care if DE changes some stuff that's wrong and make it right for players.

My point is simply about DE using the excuse of "respecting player's time" whenever they want and not in every situation. If they go around saying they respect the time players' spent doing x then they have to be consistent and do the same across the board. Both farming the hema and login in for 800 days take time. So again, either they respect ALL of the players' time or they don't. If they respect my time farming the hema (when I don't care if they lower its costs) then why aren't they now respecting my time after login in for more than 2 years? They can't just decide when to respect and when not to. It makes them look bad. 

8 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

oh yeah... Wow.

And also, I'm pretty sure PS4 users got it a lot later than us. I think. 

If anyone doesn't know what HunterH meant, s/he meant that the OP actually joined in 2017, and not ages ago, when the actual daily log-in reward system was released.

Except s/he's probably going off his forum profile and the date listed there is the date you joined the forum not the date your account was created.

Edited by Urabask

Just now, LeaserResael said:

Did you read what I said? It doesn't matter that the hema is one item, as it doesn't matter that the login system has 16 rewards. Both things take -time- to get, that's the main focus.

I'm not against DE changing the login system in order to make it easier for newer players. I farmed the Hema 3 times and I didn't complain either. As I wouldn't mind them lowering the costs so newer clans can get it faster. I really don't care if DE changes some stuff that's wrong and make it right for players.

My point is simply about DE using the excuse of "respecting player's time" whenever they want and not in every situation. If they go around saying they respect the time players' spent doing x then they have to be consistent and do the same across the board. Both farming the hema and login in for 800 days take time. So again, either they respect ALL of the players' time or they don't. If they respect my time farming the hema (when I don't care if they lower its costs) then why aren't they now respecting my time after login in for more than 2 years? They can't just decide when to respect and when not to. It makes them look bad. 

Oh it takes time to get Hema? Really now? So I cant just join a clan that already exists and get it that way? You know, the way that most people get it anyways?

DE cant respect every player's time 100% of the time. If they did then nothing would ever get changed in this game, nothing new would be added, and the game would stagnate. Changes to weapons break builds that players spend time making, and DE doesnt refund you for those. DE changes warframe abilities when they rework them, again breaking builds and take away from time spent bringing them to that point. DE adds new items that invalidates others, again wasting their time spent. DE cant respect every player's time, but saying that they then shouldnt respect anyone's time is also just as poor of an argument.

hace 4 minutos, NeithanDiniem dijo:

Oh it takes time to get Hema? Really now? So I cant just join a clan that already exists and get it that way? You know, the way that most people get it anyways?

DE cant respect every player's time 100% of the time. If they did then nothing would ever get changed in this game, nothing new would be added, and the game would stagnate. Changes to weapons break builds that players spend time making, and DE doesnt refund you for those. DE changes warframe abilities when they rework them, again breaking builds and take away from time spent bringing them to that point. DE adds new items that invalidates others, again wasting their time spent. DE cant respect every player's time, but saying that they then shouldnt respect anyone's time is also just as poor of an argument.

If you believe that then good for you. I don't and I find your "argument" lacking in every way. So... following your logic no one would ever want to create a new clan, they should just join active clans instead of maybe deciding to spend time creating one of their own, yeah... right......

But I already said what I wanted to say, if you don't agree... well too bad. I farmed the hema 3 times and I've been login in for more than 800 days, and I don't mind them making it easier for newer players in both cases. I just want them to be consistent instead of using the "respect" card whenever suits them.

If DE "can't respect every player's time 100% of the time" then they shouldn't use that excuse, ever. Simply change stuff based on feedback or say you want to leave it as it is, but don't use the people that farmed the hema as the excuse (because back then there were lots of posts with people saying they didn't care if DE lowered the costs yet DE said they weren't doing it because of "those people who spent time farming it" when in reality it was because they wanted all clans spending time farming Mutagen Samples).

Whatever, we won't agree so this is my last post about it. I said what I wanted to say. Have a nice day.

Just now, LeaserResael said:

If you believe that then good for you. I don't and I find your "argument" lacking in every way. So... following your logic no one would ever want to create a new clan, they should just join active clans instead of maybe deciding to spend time creating one of their own, yeah... right......

But I already said what I wanted to say, if you don't agree... well too bad. I farmed the hema 3 times and I've been login in for more than 800 days, and I don't mind them making it easier for newer players in both cases. I just want them to be consistent instead of using the "respect" card whenever suits them.

If DE "can't respect every player's time 100% of the time" then they shouldn't use that excuse, ever. Simply change stuff based on feedback or say you want to leave it as it is, but don't use the people that farmed the hema as the excuse (because back then there were lots of posts with people saying they didn't care if DE lowered the costs yet DE said they weren't doing it because of "those people who spent time farming it" when in reality it was because they wanted all clans spending time farming Mutagen Samples).

Whatever, we won't agree so this is my last post about it. I said what I wanted to say. Have a nice day.

So effectively you just want DE to not have said they did it to respect people's time because DE cant respect every player's time 100% of the time. Got it.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

-snip~

Seeing as it's second post in a row where you are resorting to insults I won't even bother reading what you said. From the get-go I knew it's absolutely pointless to reason with you anyway, because you just want your free stuff you never earned. Once you're done, move on to founder items.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:22 AM, CpT-LaZeR said:

Anyone who needs a "symbol" to show off to other players in order to enjoy this game....really isn't playing Warframe for the right reasons.

It's an outstanding game, so who cares how long you've been playing?  I know I don't!  If ya want exclusive fashion, then that's fine, but don't think it makes the game...it really doesn't.   I have tons of stuff on my orbiter I find awesome...and guess what?  Nobody cares! :D

Upon further re-reading of some posts in this thread, as well as other topics throughout the forums, it occurs to me that there is NO solution to please either side of this issue, sadly, for DE.

If they change the way the Primed Mods and special Weapons, etc, from the Login Rewards are gained, be that through missions, in Dojos, or just changing how the Login Rewards work, they will get B****ed at for messing with something "others had to do the -hard- way", 

whereas, should they leave the system alone, they'll receive nothing but complaints about how it's a system that "is wrong and needs to change because time gates are messed up!"

So tell me then, dear Tenno, ....where does that leave DE with room to improve the game if they are damned either way?

This is not the only issue I see this on, either.  Reworks, bug fixes, and so on....  We need to give DE the trust and respect to allow them to do what they see fit with their creation, and know that they'll do right by us.  They haven't kept Warframe going strong for 5 years based on dumb decisions and poor management, after all.  They know what they're doing.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

So tell me then, dear Tenno, ....where does that leave DE with room to improve the game if they are damned either way?

They could :

1) Introduce tracks like they suggested, that would keep time gating but it would solve the insane waiting time for weapons / mods. It would still take a lot of time but it would be more reasonable

2) Remove weapons and mods from login rewards, put them elsewhere (dojo, baro, new dark sectors etc) and replace them with skins, syandanas, sigils , sugatras etc. Those who already have them would keep them and also receive the new rewards.

3) Replace whole login rewards with token system where you get tokens and can buy anything on the market with them not only current login rewards. Some things would be purchasable only for those tokens (like current rewards). This would require the most work out of all options but would give the most variety of rewards. Want Loki? Farm or buy it for 50 tokens. Want Imperator Syandana? 50 plat or 30 tokens. Zenith? 100 tokens.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

They could :

1) Introduce tracks like they suggested, that would keep time gating but it would solve the insane waiting time for weapons / mods. It would still take a lot of time but it would be more reasonable

2) Remove weapons and mods from login rewards, put them elsewhere (dojo, baro, new dark sectors etc) and replace them with skins, syandanas, sigils , sugatras etc. Those who already have them would keep them and also receive the new rewards.

3) Replace whole login rewards with token system where you get tokens and can buy anything on the market with them not only current login rewards. Some things would be purchasable only for those tokens (like current rewards). This would require the most work out of all options but would give the most variety of rewards. Want Loki? Farm or buy it for 50 tokens. Want Imperator Syandana? 50 plat or 30 tokens. Zenith? 100 tokens.

1.) They're working on it.

2.) If they do that, we get a ton of people complaining about how "Well, I had to wait for the Time Gate, so you should too!".  I agree with your idea here but...that was kinda my original point.

3.) I actually posted that exact idea, if slightly more fleshed out, in another thread somewhere here on the forums.  It's a good idea, and one I hope DE gets wind of, but all in all, players need to LET DE do what it needs to.  Which, again, is what my original post was aimed at.  Players want DE to "do what they gotta do", but when they DO that...players complain about every little facet of DE's choices.  My post was just asking if perhaps we should be giving DE a bit more of a break.

At least he's steadily displaying lack of maturity, I now reported last couple of his posts.

I have to say it's quite astonishing what some people go through just to get something without working for it. It's quite obvious this guy is about Mr 10-15, with maybe 200-300 hours and 50~ logins who just discovered existence of login system. That's why he changed subject when asked about it. So what he does ? he goes to forum and talks about it like theres some bigger issue that he cares very much about instead of being honest that he just wants to get those items. Talks about dedication, something I doubt he even understands meaning of. People who were logging in for 800 days straight for sure know what dedication is.Tells people who earned their items how entitled they are, to move attention away from fact that hes entitled to something he never earned. Instantly starts throwing insults when it gets too tough, even randomly quotes someone else and tags me just to throw in few more and make sure i see those mentions.

Comical really.

Now i'll go and wear my Lodestar Syandana, it's nothing special but it's mine because I worked more than 2 years towards it.

Edited by -Trey-

On 2/20/2018 at 6:29 AM, WhiteMarker said:

That's what you want. You want something without doing something for it.

That's not at all what he wants, he doesn't want it for free. People who play just as much as other people, but can only play a few times a week just want to not get shafted. He's still willing to work for it as much as everyone else, he just doesn't want that glaring disadvantage.

Especially when it's power and mastery rank locked behind the log in rewards.

23 hours ago, -Trey- said:

Go do what everyone who have those items already did instead of asking for handout.

OH for the love of..... can you not read? I DO NOT WANT HANDOUTS

if you actually could read you would know this, but whatever dude. keep putting words in my mouth. its clear you only want to hear what you want to hear. not what i say.