Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE Capture - Lures - a challenge or an annoyance?

Toran

Every single time I play Eidolon captures, I wonder if DE is still playing its own game from time to time...

Lures might have been a curiosity the first time around, but by now with the triple Eidolon captures, even with all the fixes, they annoy more than ever. You need more of them, they still move erratically and they tend to keep blocking sights.

Worst of all: THEY ARE NO TEAM EFFORT! In 9 of 10 caps it's the Trinity's job to get them bloody lures and herd them. Chroma and Volt got their excuses (Need a clear view for shooting! Need to charge Void Strike!) and Harrow usually stops caring after the first capture...

So Trinity, who's got the busiest job already, is supposed to catch replacement lures on top, most of the time.

Change the bloody lures already! They are NO CHALLENGE, just a burden.

First of all: Do something about the terrible sight-blocking! Give NOBODY a reason not to collect lures for a capture.

Or scrap them altogether. If their only job is to test your patience, they're in the wrong game anyway.

Total pain, coming from a guy who played both the Volt and Trinity before.

It gets damned annoying when your Trin runs in front of the electric shield, and your Pencha Scaffold discharges into the lures harmlessly.

If blessing was not recastable, I think I'd have given up playing the Trin. Picking up team mates is a pain and I actually need Zenurik so I can keep using 3 and 4

Edited by Guest

Playing without healers, healing features, be it Sancti Magistar or Ancient Healer, or support with DR powers will quickly prove how challenging is keeping the lures alive: you'll have to either keep 2/3 lures outside the battle or dodge every hard-hitting attack making the lures follow you, so they won't get caught in AoE blast or fried by sky beams. Without any kind of protection they won't survive 2-3 underground explosions or skybeams attack, not even speaking of the Vomvalysts' multi-explosion if not being cared about.

I do agree with their view-blocking behavior though. It's annoying.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Thundervision:

Playing without healers, healing features, be it Sancti Magistar or Ancient Healer, or support with DR powers will quickly prove how challenging is keeping the lures alive: you'll have to either keep 2/3 lures outside the battle or dodge every hard-hitting attack making the lures follow you, so they won't get caught in AoE blast or fried by sky beams. Without any kind of protection they won't survive 2-3 underground explosions or skybeams attack, not even speaking of the Vomvalysts' multi-explosion if not being cared about.

I do agree with their view-blocking behavior though. It's annoying.

You need to recognize lazy Trinities too, somehow :smile:

But honestly, who does a triple hunt without Trinity or Oberon along? Unless you're explicitly looking for that challenge you've mentioned.

It would be waay too easy to breeze trough if the lures were "easy" to handle or removed entirely.
Now they even teleport to your location and let you know when they're charged.
So I don't mind them personally. I cycle trough Bless/Harrow/Chroma/Volt so I play all roles rather consistent.
You need to park the lures and you won't have any issues with LOS. 

Bless is the most hectic/fun of the bunch for sure. But from my experience, most people (including me) will assist Trinity with the lures in pubs.
I prefer volt/harrow though, just because so many people manage to mess that up...
Long duration Harrows, Volts with black energy and/or incapable of putting shields in the right place.
Now that's an annoyance.

30 minutes ago, Toran said:

You need to recognize lazy Trinities too, somehow :smile:

But honestly, who does a triple hunt without Trinity or Oberon along? Unless you're explicitly looking for that challenge you've mentioned.

I am the Senate! Kidding. I'm using Trinity almost all the time in Eidolon hunt, just voicing some observations under various circumstances :community:

Lures as they are right now are terrible.

Aside from the incredibly ease at which they die from Eidolon attacks there is also the issue that whatever pathing they use is absolute crap since they will, without fail, always go around and run in front of Warframes or Operators just to block a shot or two every few seconds, and keeping them parked is liable to making them a sitting duck.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Carnage2K4:

Pain in the ass, Oh you're trying to shoot, here is 3 lures in your face...
I don't care they we need to collect them, but Jesus have them follow at a distance...

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sasquatch180:

Lures as they are right now are terrible.

Aside from the incredibly ease at which they die from Eidolon attacks there is also the issue that whatever pathing they use is absolute crap since they will, without fail, always go around and run in front of Warframes or Operators just to block a shot or two every few seconds, and keeping them parked is liable to making them a sitting duck.

I think the main problem is: they never were designed with the new Sentients in mind. Getting two lures for Teralyst is alright but for the new Sentients you need more and want more than needed (as spare in case Trinity fails with Blessing for some reason).

Then there's the distance: with Teralyst it's alright but with Gunta and Hydro you have to stick to them at the same small horizontal distance while the Sentients simply were sized up three times. In return people usually aim up to 60° and more with little awareness of the surrounding.

Often enough the bigger Sentients vanish to the ground since a player with a charged lure isn't close enough, simply because he wants to keep the sentient in sight as he's used to it from Teralyst. He keeps the relative distance and is out of range for the cap.

A good group of regulars can work around these problems and do 3x Triple captures a night (even four), while a typical pickup group not only struggles with damage and non-suited builds but with unreliable zone changes and erratic lures on top.

Edited by Toran