The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damn these beam weapon changes. Now I don't know which weapon is my favourite any more

DoomFruit

22.13.3's massive blanket buff of beam weapons, well, I don't know what to say. For the first time in ages, you've seriously made me reconsider the use of sanctigris as staple primary weapon. Do I pull out the phage, polish up that riven I have stored away and virus my enemies in the face? Or do I pull out the convectrix and shower the screen with bleed procs? Perhaps even put the aklex prime away for the good old synoid gammacor now that it too is a proc machine and has its ammo economy back? Maybe even give the Cycron a whirl (OH GOD NATIVE RADIATION DAMAGE). I don't know. I can't decide

I officially approve of these beam weapon changes. Now it feels to me like I have real choice in my arsenal.

I loved the Cyclon for its guaranteed fire proc before the patch. It was a nice CC sort of weapon with great status, although the reload and small clip made it hard to use. Now the clip and reload issues are gone (and with Mesa it reloads almost as soon as you stop firing), but the heat prock is gone aswell, sadly. It's a very nice beam sidearm now with infinite ammo, though I do miss the heat prock.

I'm also trying out one of the underdogs this patch... the Convectrix. It works a lot better than before patch, and it leaves me wondering, if I can get its status up, can I make it into a laser scisor from hell. (Probably not)
One thing I did notice on it that might be useful for spreading its slash procks is that the secondary fire now spreads out slower than before.

I also have the Nukor which is a long time favorite of mine (who could say no to turning your enemies into bobble head statues? Plus it looks like a goat head from the front when open). And the Nukor after the change is... basically the old Nukor on steroids.

I really like the changes so far, although do miss a few of the guaranteed procs. Though maybe it won't be needed now as you can apply more procs normaly than before.

il y a 24 minutes, Airwolfen a dit :

The Phage may actually replace my Kohm in the loadout VS corpus. And that is saying something as the Kohm has been in both my main armor and shield/health loadouds for months now.

The amount of gas procs it can do at full status is great.

I fkng looove the Phage man,  status aaand crit chance.  a good riven for that isabeast

6 minutes ago, Nu_caa_mas said:

I fkng looove the Phage man,  status aaand crit chance.  a good riven for that isabeast

I dont even have crit on it. Just a status build with 2 dual stats and a +120% status riven (Also +220% damage, 70% magazine, and -52% reload speed).

and then maniacally laugh when all hits proc status

13 hours ago, Recel said:

I loved the Cyclon for its guaranteed fire proc before the patch. It was a nice CC sort of weapon with great status, although the reload and small clip made it hard to use. Now the clip and reload issues are gone (and with Mesa it reloads almost as soon as you stop firing), but the heat prock is gone aswell, sadly. It's a very nice beam sidearm now with infinite ammo, though I do miss the heat prock.

I'm also trying out one of the underdogs this patch... the Convectrix. It works a lot better than before patch, and it leaves me wondering, if I can get its status up, can I make it into a laser scisor from hell. (Probably not)
One thing I did notice on it that might be useful for spreading its slash procks is that the secondary fire now spreads out slower than before.

I also have the Nukor which is a long time favorite of mine (who could say no to turning your enemies into bobble head statues? Plus it looks like a goat head from the front when open). And the Nukor after the change is... basically the old Nukor on steroids.

I really like the changes so far, although do miss a few of the guaranteed procs. Though maybe it won't be needed now as you can apply more procs normaly than before.

I had a Cyclon Riven with Status Duration, Reload speed and Damage. I was able to have double length heat procs without fear of running out of ammo with extra damage to boot. That Riven made the Cyclon a crowd control demon. Now, not sure if it will be better or worse. This one and the changes to the Glaxion don't look impressive to me either.

Was noticing at least by my calculations the Ignis does more damage than the Glaxion if you consider reload times and magazine sizes. But then when you add in the fact that the Ignis can hit multiple enemies while the glaxion is single target the true power difference is huge. The Glaxion is a higher mastery rank so I'm thinking while I like most of the changes to the beam weapons. The Glaxion needs a true buff. Most of the other continuous weapons hit multiple targets like the Atomos, Amprex, etc. If the Glaxion got the Atomos multi target effect that would be great.