Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodnight Jordas.

Seir

7 hours ago, Stoner said:

You live up to your name. 

Why wish something to be gone, something you can easily avoid, and hurt many many people who do enjoy the content. I wish people like you weren't a thing. 

By all accounts, it hardly hurts "many many" people. DE has been pretty clear on this: almost no one ever played raids. As a result, almost no one will ever notice that they are gone.

27 minutes ago, rune_me said:

By all accounts, it hardly hurts "many many" people. DE has been pretty clear on this: almost no one ever played raids. As a result, almost no one will ever notice that they are gone.

Around 15,000 members of our 50,000 daily active ones, played raids. I guess 15k people are "almost no one" If anything was going to be removed, Conclave would have been the better choice. That has less than 200 players, and 100 of those are boosting the syndicate rep. 

8 minutes ago, --Q--Nyu said:

Around 15,000 members of our 50,000 daily active ones, played raids. I guess 15k people are "almost no one" If anything was going to be removed, Conclave would have been the better choice. That has less than 200 players, and 100 of those are boosting the syndicate rep. 

You sure about those numbers? I would have believed you if I hadn't done Conclave this weekend and had no problem with pub matchmaking at all. There was always a game in progress I could jump into. Compare that to having to wait 3 days just to do LoR and well...

Just now, Cryptix123 said:

You sure about those numbers? I would have believed you if I hadn't done Conclave this weekend and had no problem with pub matchmaking at all. There was always a game in progress I could jump into. Compare that to having to wait 3 days just to do LoR and well...

There are servers solely dedicated to hosting Raids and they are / were EXTREMELY active. As for conclave it is mostly dead. Raids are miles above in popularity compared to conclave. 

3 minutes ago, --Q--Nyu said:

Conclave still has people who enjoy it, we should not stoop down to the same petty level as some forum-going non-raiders have been to raiders and wish for a content's removal. 

On a related note, I can't for the life of me figure out why so many non-raiders have been so creepily eager to constantly remind raiders that they're the minority in most recent raid-related threads. The bitterness, jealousy, grudge and sheer schadenfreude some of these forumites displayed for raids and anybody who dared to like raids was really unexpected. We get it, our numbers couldn't justify maintaining the content we enjoyed, many of us have known it for a long time. Is there really a dire reason to repeat that in a thread for people saying goodbye to raids and raid community? 

16 minutes ago, --Q--Nyu said:

Well I won't argue against that. I have in fact never once played Conclave, so I have no idea if its good or not.

7 minutes ago, traybong111 said:

Conclave still has people who enjoy it, we should not stoop down to the same petty level as some forum-going non-raiders have been to raiders and wish for a content's removal. 

On a related note, I can't for the life of me figure out why so many non-raiders have been so creepily eager to constantly remind raiders that they're the minority in most recent raid-related threads. The bitterness, jealousy, grudge and sheer schadenfreude some of these forumites displayed for raids and anybody who dared to like raids was really unexpected. We get it, our numbers couldn't justify maintaining the content we enjoyed, many of us have known it for a long time. Is there really a dire reason to repeat that in a thread for people saying goodbye to raids and raid community? 

Me personally have no reason to come and make other people feel like a minority, but when we are talking about removal because of lack of numbers, facts are facts. I don't do it to put down others, I don't do it out of petty jealousy (directed towards your conclave point). I just want everybody to enjoy this mess of a game in their own way. But if we have learned something through out the ages, it is that another's happiness is another's misery. Even if they don't conflict. This community is selfish in more ways than one. 

1 minute ago, --Q--Nyu said:

Me personally have no reason to come and make other people feel like a minority, but when we are talking about removal because of lack of numbers, facts are facts. I don't do it to put down others, I don't do it out of petty jealousy (directed towards your conclave point). I just want everybody to enjoy this mess of a game in their own way. But if we have learned something through out the ages, it is that another's happiness is another's misery. Even if they don't conflict. This community is selfish in more ways than one. 

But is it just because of a lack of numbers or is it legitimately because it is a nightmare to keep it from breaking any further with every patch. Because if it breaks in the dev build DE is going to spend a bunch of time fixing it and from our perspective it will just appear to be working as well as it ever has. The only time we are ever going to get hard confirmation is when a bug makes it live and is eventually corrected. 

Yeah it could just be an excuse but if it wasn't a problem why would they pull it? If it was really easy to just leave them in the game while they worked on an alternative why would DE cause themselves all the added headache/backlash of removing them? 

Maybe I'm being too optimistic especially with some of the explanations for some of the recent changes that just don't really seem to jive but at the same time maybe the fastest way to get Raids 2.0 really is to pull the raids.

4 minutes ago, --Q--Nyu said:

I personally have no qualms with raiders.

What I do have a problem with is people who claim to be "hardcore endgame raiders XD" that troll the forums everytime someone mentions the Plains. Constructive feedback is one thing, rabid hatemongering is quite another. I wish more people would be like Zanagoth and try eidolons for themselves and if they don't like it, submit good feedback in the appropriate section.

52 minutes ago, --Q--Nyu said:

I think you're forgetting that the removal of raids isn't just due to the low player count but also the fact it just breaks every single update which pulls people over to fixing it. It's like forcing yourself to fix an old busted car you love over and over till you realize "ok i need to do something else with this"