Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

let talk about Kuva defense map

ZzVinniezZ

whose idea designing this map anyway? Turret can't be destroyed, it keep shooting at the hostage, Gas room where Hostage love to get into where we warframe can't because we will die within seconds staying in there, Tesla coil appear unexpected that keep zapping you and your hostage. Flamethrower trap will burn you to crisp when you less expected because Hostage also love standing there. Enemies spawn literally everywhere. Kuva is not Fun DE and you know it. everything about this damn Defense map want you and your hostage dead. It's a torture room. (Not to mention enemies has elemental enhance so they add more fuel to the fire)

P/s: oh and what reward do i get after all those suffering? credit boosters. it's like saying "screw you and your hard work". this is why no one want to play Kuva map. and if in the near future where you have to raid Kuva blood from Kuva map, i would not want to raid at all i rather do kuva siphon and kuva flood than going back to Kuva fortress.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

Yeah it is definitely not a great sortie map.

Mostly because of the poison hallways, from what I could tell from the few times I've run it the Defense target is immune to environmental damage which is great..... except so are the Grineer. Which means when the Defense target decides to set up camp in the poison hallway, anyone who tries to defend them is going to, to quote the Boshy "lol you died lol lol you died" meanwhile the poison immune Grineer are going to fill the poison immune Defense Target full of a plentiful quantity of death. 

Now there is (double checks real quick) a Toxin Resistance Aura ...... so in theory if you stacked 4 of them you would have a whopping 60% resistance? But then you would miss out on the armor reduction you pretty much need for a tier 3 Grineer sortie...... aaaaand the Toxin Resistance Aura is on a D polarity..... does anyone even use a D polarity for their Aura, outside of maybe Inaros and Nidus?  

Other D Polarity Auras

• EMP Aura (reduces Corpus Accuracy) ...
  • Infested Impedance (Slows Infested slightly) ...
  • Physique (Increases Maximum Health) Maybe Inaros or Nidus? 
  • Rejuvenation (offers a nominal hp regen) ...
  • Toxin Resistance (Nominal Toxin Resistance) 

So unless you're overbuilt to the point that you can absorb having the wrong polarity Aura, most people aren't going to be in a position to equip it anyhow. Tho even if they did it would only really change it to take 3.2 seconds to die to the poison instead of 2. 

You could also force AntiToxin into your build which would bring you to 105% toxin resistance if everyone was sporting the Toxin Resistance aura. But we still run into the issue of losing our armor stripping and whatever part of our build those 9 points of D polarity mod just replaced. All to survive one side segment of one Grineer tile. 

Maybe there is an argument for double stacking Toxin Arcanes? but that seems a bit extreme to deal with one side area of one defense sortie. Tho I'm not sure if the side tunnel poison whoozles count as a "toxin damage effect" or if they just deal toxin damage? 

I suppose people could also just use frames like Valkyr or WuKong who have abilities that just let them shrug off death but again those seem like extremes for a side area of one sortie tile. Honestly if that Sortie mission had failed I probably would have used them to just Nope out of the mechanic the second go round. 

The map wouldn't be so bad if the Defense target didn't literally have the worst AI in the history of video games.  It just wanders directly into the worst possible place it could be, and it sits there.  Not in a defensible choke point, not even somewhere where the room isn't literally made out of DOT.  It goes right into the DOT area and it just chills out while it gets obliterated.  This is probably one of the worst designed things I have ever seen in a game.  Like yeah, I'm mad about it, but I can't even be actively angry at Kuva sortie defense.  It's laughable how horribly this is designed.

I’ve seen the Operative go into the toxin room before but that was a bunch of updates ago. It was a good thing i used valkyr becuase i can be like a revive bot in the rooms since i was immune to status in hysteria. In today’s sortie, the team and me got downed or killed more times than the Operative did. The only time i died was when one of the grineers shot me down when i was Meleeing and i tried going into hysteria to heal. Besides that, i didn’t take that much damage from the hazards.

Edited by Shaw1996

The big issues with the Kuva Defense tileset are the uncertain AoE of the traps (there's not much visual indication of the edge of their effects, even the shock traps which somehow hit beyond the tile they're electrocuting), and the hostage wandering into them. I could also say the traps dealing such massive damage is an issue, but that could largely be mitigated by having a better-defined boundary to their effects. There's not a ton of challenge for us in this game, so I think we can live with Kuva traps dealing hefty damage.

If the defense target would simply act like a hostage you save in a rescue or a syndicate companion that you can order to hold position, it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but as it is, you really have to take something tanky to this mission to survive with that suicidal target that seems to love standing in death zones.

On 3/3/2018 at 11:05 PM, CapnToaster said:

Hostage defense has always been a terrible idea.

Why can we not tell the hostage to wait at a specific spot? Why does he wander aimlessly?

Because the Lotus finds value in Operatives that are dumber and weaker than Grineer (whose intelligence profiles are already an error and not a number). Seriously, they're in my eyes worth no more time than a speedrun Rescue mission takes. A Defense mission makes no sense, since we can arbitrarily extract after a set number of waves, anyway, so a Rescue mission that's exterminate-lite style just makes far more sense than deciding to give the enemy every advantage possible by hunkering down in their stronghold.

1 hour ago, Raspberri said:

Because the Lotus finds value in Operatives that are dumber and weaker than Grineer (whose intelligence profiles are already an error and not a number). Seriously, they're in my eyes worth no more time than a speedrun Rescue mission takes. A Defense mission makes no sense, since we can arbitrarily extract after a set number of waves, anyway, so a Rescue mission that's exterminate-lite style just makes far more sense than deciding to give the enemy every advantage possible by hunkering down in their stronghold.

I also find it funny how the scenario is basically "We found this circular room, surrounded by turrets and various death traps! This... will be a great defensive position, Tenno!"