Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus bounty freeloading

Diggur

Over the past couple of days, I have noticed an increase in the number of freeloaders in Cetus bounties that do not contribute at all to the mission and instead either fish or mine while everyone else does all the work. And if you call them out on it they either laugh at you or mockingly ask what are you going to do about it. Well, here's what I'd like to be able to do about it. I would like to be able to kick people from parties or in some way remove them from being able to queue for squads in the plains. I don't think its fair for people that actually try to play the game to have to tolerate people that don't want to cooperate and mock people that call out this bad behavior, and I believe DE should do something about this before it gets worse.

If you want to grab a node or two on the way to an objective or on the way back to the gate, sure go ahead. No one will complain about that. My problem is specifically people that do not contribute at all ie people that are 500 meters to a kilometer away from the objective at all times, and then have the audacity to mock you when you call out their rude behavior

Leechers are a consistent problem in just about every multiplayer game with progression. Warframe has the issue that servers are publicly created, so theoretically nobody should have the right to tell somebody to leave, but IMO a vote-kick function wouldn't be that bad. Worst case scenario is that you join a team of friends who are playing on public for some reason, and they kick you despite you doing nothing wrong. If that lobby is then removed from your matchmaking queue, then that would be the end of it.

Reporting the player is a good idea though.

You are not obligated to start a bounty stage if all players are not present. If you do start it, it's not like the bounties are challenging, so if you do prefer finishing bounties quicker, you can do it alone quite easily. You are not obligated to run in PUGs either. Fish and minerals are put on plains to be gathered, if devs did not intend for the situation to be this way, they wouldn't have designed the plains in such way. You are always free to run missions alone or with friends(assuming you have any).

In conclusion, you might actually be onto something and it's an issue of how Plains are handled entirely. Starting from no range limitation on how far from the objective area a player can receive the reward. And ending with how players, that are eligible for bounties (this applies a bit more to eidolon hunts.) are selected through matchmaking. But for now, all you can really do is work around the issues present.

I seriously feel your pain but after playing through like 1000 bounties I can honestly say I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've had this happen in a group.  It doesn't happen a lot in my experience and to start implementing things to fix it for fixing it sake,  I'm pretty sure that isn't a good idea.   Usually the backlash and feedback from the fixes to this end up being more of a problem than the actual problem was.   In this case I can see that definitely being a big possibility.

Imagine if they implemented a range limit to objectives and the guy that doesn't want to use up his last archwing beacons or just likes to run gets left behind by the Nova that can outrun anything who also has learned all the cache locations and is able to find them in seconds, or acquire the capture target in seconds,  or kill the commander in seconds, potentially cutting out  3/4 of the party from rewards cuz....Nova.

Vote kicking...Eehhh.... The instances of abuse would probably outweigh the number of times anyone has ever freeloaded a mission.

Out of about 1000 runs or so I've had to literally get up from my computer and drop what I'm doing cuz real life came first, maybe twice. I don't like leaving anyone hanging and I generally post  a quick message in chat at the time, but I'd hate to come back to some kind of punishment or a report or a ban for having to take care of real life things at the wrong time.  I understand this probably isn't the case with what you guys are reporting but I could technically be caught up in that too just for trying to be responsible.

My vote would be no for right now, until I see a specific need that is actually effecting game play in such a negative way that it is impacting the entire community and not just in the very limited capacity that I have experienced it,  I wouldn't be able to agree with doing much about it at the moment.

On 06/03/2018 at 5:31 PM, sixmille said:

There's also an invasion of MR 1 and 2 players in tier 3 to 5 bounties... I don't think that's any better.

You cannot join t5 bounties at Mr 1... nor 2. So obviously what you say lacks credibility and casts doubt on you in general.

They changed this more than a month ago.

To the original poster. Yes I agree, it's annoying... luckily you can report it... bit of an effort, vote kick & reputation system would be better.

Edited by helioth137

Il y a 4 heures, helioth137 a dit :

You cannot join t5 bounties at Mr 1... nor 2. So obviously what you say lacks credibility and casts doubt on you in general.

They changed this more than a month ago.

To the original poster. Yes I agree, it's annoying... luckily you can report it... bit of an effort, vote kick & reputation system would be better.

I've seen that happening this week. I don't know how they're doing it but they are.