Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make it so you can leave a survival with your loot alone instead of aborting

Jivy

it just reminded me since you can extract by yourself on the plains why not in survival? i get alot of pepole saying they gtg and it gets really annoying since it happens alot of the time i just wish if you were near extraction you could have a prompt to leave squad by yourself like the plains it would be handy incase pepole gtg but they dont want to stop 3 pepole from restarting fearing they might get annoyed i admit i am a little annoyed that it isnt a fetuare by now but its just a little suggestion do what you will thanks DE

well the only problem with this is that people who want to go for long lengths of time might not want to be left on their own (though that's their fault for going pub, i guess)

how about, instead, we give players the option to "tag-out" early. basically players that wish to leave enter a tag-out state.
Meanwhile other players selecting that node can opt to "tag-in" which will show a list of a few sessions that contain players in a tag-out state, and they can choose to switch places with them. OR give players a "tag-in" menu that just searches for any match with a tag-out player

Players that want to leave, get to leave early (with a short wait for a new player).
Players that want to go the long haul, get to avoid being down a player.
Players that want to play an endless, but want to skip ahead, get to join a game at a later time.

note that this would only apply to endless types.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

I not remember you can extract alone in the plains to as far i know, if so how you do that i would like to know.

You can only abort and leave the group and loose your progress and loot all i know.

you open the menu near the door and press leave squad under your name and you will ethier get host miragtion or just leave squad instanly and go back into the plains with your rewards intact

In the plains, the "Leave Squad" option is available to you when you hit Esc; it usually lets you exit the group while keeping your stuff.

As for survivals, this is a common request and I don't really see any big problem with it aside from DE having to add/port some code to allow it, which is probably development time they don't have to spare. Lots of people will say "if you don't want to stay, don't do pubs" but that cuts both ways: if you don't want people wanting to leave after 5 or 10 minutes, then don't do pubs either. 

It would be a QoL improvement I definitely support having. 

3 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

well the only problem with this is that people who want to go for long lengths of time might not want to be left on their own (though that's their fault for going pub, i guess)

how about, instead, we give players the option to "tag-out" early. basically players that wish to leave enter a tag-out state.
Meanwhile other players selecting that node can opt to "tag-in" which will show a list of a few sessions that contain players in a tag-out state, and they can choose to switch places with them. OR give players a "tag-in" menu that just searches for any match with a tag-out player

Players that want to leave, get to leave early (with a short wait for a new player).
Players that want to go the long haul, get to avoid being down a player.
Players that want to play an endless, but want to skip ahead, get to join a game at a later time.

note that this would only apply to endless types.

hmm intresting i like that concept

Gerade eben schrieb Jivy:

you open the menu near the door and press leave squad under your name and you will ethier get host miragtion or just leave squad instanly and go back into the plains with your rewards intact

Thank you then, i believe i did that once and still lost all but might had been a bug even, unsure or i aborted on instinct instead of leaving, thanks again thou.

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

In the plains, the "Leave Squad" option is available to you when you hit Esc; it usually lets you exit the group while keeping your stuff.

As for survivals, this is a common request and I don't really see any big problem with it aside from DE having to add/port some code to allow it, which is probably development time they don't have to spare. Lots of people will say "if you don't want to stay, don't do pubs" but that cuts both ways: if you don't want people wanting to leave after 5 or 10 minutes, then don't do pubs either. 

true but some pepole might not know what the recruit chat is it should atleast be a thing shouldnt take to long to code and just a quaility of life change prehaps

8 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

i dont really support it in that particular sense as if they are going to just leave after 5 or 10 minutes, why dont they just do a non endless mission.... also like others have said you would leave your squad a man short or more which in missions like survival and excavation, will affect enemy spawn rate and thus powercell and life support drops. i believe a better solution would be to have a system that ensures that there is a non endless fissure alternative eg capture or exterminate when there is an endless fissure, thus players now have no excuse for interrupting other players runs as they now will always have a shorter faster mission to do for their rewards. why not take it a step further as well and have a system where you can agree on how long you stay in the mission before it starts or have another system that will allow players to join endless missions late. 

Just now, YandereWaifu said:

i dont really support it in that particular sense as if they are going to just leave after 5 or 10 minutes, why dont they just do a non endless mission.... also like others have said you would leave your squad a man short or more which in missions like survival and excavation, will affect enemy spawn rate and thus powercell and life support drops. i believe a better solution would be to have a system that ensures that there is a non endless fissure alternative eg capture or exterminate when there is an endless fissure, thus players now have no excuse for interrupting other players runs as they now will always have a shorter faster mission to do for their rewards. why not take it a step further as well and have a system where you can agree on how long you stay in the mission before it starts or have another system that will allow players to join endless missions late. 

well not necessarily 5 or 10, but say if in a squad there are 3 who want to go to 2 hours and 1 who was just after a specific thing, and got it at the 20min mark...

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

well not necessarily 5 or 10, but say if in a squad there are 3 who want to go to 2 hours and 1 who was just after a specific thing, and got it at the 20min mark...

well in such a scenario its complicated, though that does bring up the question of why didnt they do a rad or intact share, though that aside what if they were also after something and hadnt gotten it yet and had chosen that 2 hour mark as their stopping point before they restart or run out of relics and need to go farm again.

Just make it like Defense where every 5 waves you get the option to stay or leave.

People who want to stay a really long time in a Survival mission should go with other players who want to do the same.

edit: adding a random new player every so often isn't a very good idea because then they may zone in to someone else' 40min survival where everything is level 80 etc and get stomped on.

Edited by hooperinius

1 hour ago, hooperinius said:

Just make it like Defense where every 5 waves you get the option to stay or leave.

People who want to stay a really long time in a Survival mission should go with other players who want to do the same.

edit: adding a random new player every so often isn't a very good idea because then they may zone in to someone else' 40min survival where everything is level 80 etc and get stomped on.

just in case you are referencing my suggestion for the tag-in-tag-out system, people would choose to tag in and would get to see what level the enemies are at before accepting

The real problem here is people queuing for "endless" missions and leaving after 5 or 10 minutes. Requiring 2 players to extract is in fact the only way to make sure the mission doesn't turn into a boring solo endeavor with solo spawns after 5 minutes because someone had the attention span of a goldfish and decided to queue for survival instead of capture. The good rewards are from 20+ minutes. If there's only one person in a team not willing to get to that point in an endless mission they should have done something else in the first place honestly.

On 09/03/2018 at 11:07 AM, hooperinius said:

i suggest give a defense thing when using a relic survival on the relic select screen give users a option to leave prehaps? i dont know maybe apply it to all survivals or will that get annoying?

This would be a nice QoL change. That said I’ve found a way round this issue - when I join a survival I ask opponents how long they plan on staying and I state my preference. 

Sometimes survival missions are just being done by players to complete a node on a star chart and they don’t want to do 1hr runs, their wants & needs are just as legitimate as mine and I try to respect that.  

If I don’t want to do the same as the majority of the group then I’ll quit out before I’ve invested the time doing the run. 

But, if it were an easy change , a defence style ability to drop players would be an nice way to remove this gripe.