Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are Neuroptics?

Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe

Question

As we know, in order to make a warframe, there are 3 Key ingredients... actually there are 4, the Blueprints, the Systems, the Chassis and the Neuroptics. In order to relate to what im talking about for better understanding. I am going to pretend  that this is real life, so so far. I know that the blueprints are used for reproduction of a technical drawing, documenting an architecture or an engineering design. To set up all of the parts correctly basically. Then there are the systems. A set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network. The systems is what makes the warframe function the way it does, without them, the warframe would have no programs to do anything. And the Chassis, The base frame of a car, carriage, or other wheeled vehicle. Sorry i researched that on google, let me explain it in my own sucky way, Ahem... The chassis, it's the form... the skin of the entity if you may. it's what's used to put up all the systems together in one place, while also protecting them from any important damage caused on it, also to make it look cooler and edgier, the chassis is basically the vessel, decorated and gilded to make it ideal for fashion as well.

And then finally the neuroptics... i've been getting drops of neuroptics allot and i've always wondered what they are, i try to research them on google, but it ends up showing the warframe wiki about Neuroptic's, and a Company named "NeurOptics". That is what i do not understand, what are these? Google doesn't help me... so i ask your guys opinions... theories. A Game theory! Haha sorry, do you know what in the heckers are the Neuroptics for? it's been bothering me. All the time i look at it and i don't know what it's purpose fulfills can you guys give me a hand if you know? Thanks!

( Lol i just researched "neuroptics meaning" on google, checked the images and found this )5b7ia3xin1fx.jpg

Edited by Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, BaadshahPrime said:

Neuroptics can be divided into neurons and optics. Neurons are cells that transmits nerve impulses and optics are to transmit lightwaves. So in warframes case, neuroptics is pretty much brain and eyes i.e head of the warframe

Oooh that makes sense, ofcourse! the brain, alright, but why did warframe name it that way? is there a definition of a cybernetic neural brain head thing as a word? or did DE invent it themselves?

6 minutes ago, Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe said:

Oooh that makes sense, ofcourse! the brain, alright, but why did warframe name it that way? is there a definition of a cybernetic neural brain head thing as a word? or did DE invent it themselves?

DE made it up to sound future-y.

9 minutes ago, Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe said:

https://neuroptics.com/

this website quotes eyes are the windows to the brain. In warframes case, the brain would be the operator(tenno) and tenno sees through the warframes eyes when controlling it. Now this might not be exactly DE motivation behind the name but it gives a little closure I guess

Edited by BaadshahPrime

Blueprint:

Spoiler

Base schematic (assembly configuration, exclusively one-off cases per item).

Chassis:

Spoiler

The hull; the meat on the bones, the mold wherein the rest resides (shell-shape).

Systems:

Spoiler

The bones, the nerves, the focusing lens which makes the abilities work and act as they do (wires and essentials; perhaps pseudo-organs?).

Neuroptics:

Spoiler

The eyes and brain; a connection point between you, and your armour (the insides of the head; helmets themselves are just the chassis that can be interchanged, like how some action figures come with alternative cosmetics).

Hopefully my interpretation of this may help, despite this question having already been answered.

For a while, I believe that most people agreed it was just the helmet and all the gadgets that fit in with it.

But then theories arose on what the Warframe actually is.. And it's been getting deeper and deeper and danker.

Kind of depends on what you believe is under that suit. Cybernetic humans, Infested tissue, Giant Spaghetti Monster, whatever you want to believe.

I personally think that under the suits are Bio-engineered Humans with a more controlled strain of the Technocyte Virus. So I believe that the 'Neuroptics' is the helmet, optic array (To sound fancy) and the somatic link (Device) between the Warframe and Operator.

Neuroptics contain and synthesize the neural and neurogentic aspects of the Warframe's neurological complex. They extend and combine certain neurons in and around the neuroptics themselves, as well as extending into neuronal layers of the chassis and systems. I hope that helps to explain it.

I feel like warframes have very little to zero organic parts.   They are just remote control war machines.   Watch the Bruce Willis flick 'Surrogates' and just advance the tech alot further.   I do not believe its like Avatar where u take control of organic bodies,  not very smart for combat.   Also I dont know the lore but I feel like warframes were made to kill the infested.  If that was the purpose they would have been designed without organic weaknesses.

Whether its via tech or organics i'd say warframes wound need thier 5 senses to give Tenno the best control.