Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum Change-All Mods/Forma Simulation-Open Discussion-

Landario

Hello,

i really enjoy trying things in the Simulacrum.

BUT there is one thing that really bothers me. I think its called Simularcum for a Reason. As in Simulation.

So why DE is not giving us a full flagged Simulation?

Why we can't have access to all possible mods and also simulate to FORMA weapons in different ways ? I think it would be really nice. That way you could also set goals which Mods you want to strive for.

Right now we have to rely on things like Warframe Builder, but it would be really nice if we could just try all those things in the Simulacrum and in Game.

And i can not imagine it would be difficult to implement.

I am curious what the comnunity thinks about this ?

Cheers :-)

how it should be....we really only had at least 2 major changes to the simulacrum since its release...A) The visual change to this current hole infested area and B) the recent change to it saving what we had selected between sessions in it.

in addition to your proposed additions, i would also want an endless spawning mode so we can test survivalbility (NOT just this high level stuff) against a never ending stream of what we set up.

Hmm...while I do like the idea of full access to absolutely everything, i think it would be a bit confusing. And abusable. Let me elaborate.

When you Forma stuff, a new polarity is permanently added to a weapon unless intentionally removed.  If you modify simulated or temporary items, that might be difficult for the game to handle.

It might not be able to remember what items were used, what mods you put on, what mods are temporary and which aren’t, what polarities belong on a weapon, etc. The game would become unstable and prone to glitching. What happens when the game accidentally eats your maxed primed reach, huh? That’s a problem. Especially the weapons. The game wouldn’t be able to tell which are actually in your possession. 

Another issue would be players finding a way to get items illegitimately. Don’t kid yourself, you know they will.

Again, I like the idea of having full reign over the simulation, but it would cause too many problems to warrant implementing. I’m so sorry, but I have to give this proposal a thumbs-down. Sorry, mate.

29 minutes ago, MrTitan123 said:

It might not be able to remember what items were used, what mods you put on, what mods are temporary and which aren’t, what polarities belong on a weapon, etc. The game would become unstable and prone to glitching. What happens when the game accidentally eats your maxed primed reach, huh? That’s a problem. Especially the weapons. The game wouldn’t be able to tell which are actually in your possession. 

Another issue would be players finding a way to get items illegitimately. Don’t kid yourself, you know they will.

That wouldn't be too hard to fix, but would require some drastic changes (code wise) in how the simulacrum currently works. You could just make everything in the simulacrum its own instance. IE if you test out volt with the amprex, it won't be your volt and your amprex, it'll just a volt and a amprex, spawned when you build it and then destroyed again when you leave the simulacrum.

Basically, don't let the simulacrum access and modify any of the gear the player has.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb MrTitan123:

Hmm...while I do like the idea of full access to absolutely everything, i think it would be a bit confusing. And abusable. Let me elaborate.

When you Forma stuff, a new polarity is permanently added to a weapon unless intentionally removed.  If you modify simulated or temporary items, that might be difficult for the game to handle.

Again, I like the idea of having full reign over the simulation, but it would cause too many problems to warrant implementing. I’m so sorry, but I have to give this proposal a thumbs-down. Sorry, mate.

i actually don't understand what you mean to be honest...

when you go to the simulcarum you can just access every mod and change the polarties on the weapon and try your build.... why should that be difficult to handle the Game already had that Information...

and i failed to see how your mods could disappear because of that.

And Players finding a way to get items illegitamtely ...i don't know how that is related at all..???

Cheers

vor 1 Minute schrieb rune_me:

That wouldn't be too hard to fix, but would require some drastic changes (code wise) in how the simulacrum currently works. You could just make everything in the simulacrum its own instance. IE if you test out volt with the amprex, it won't be your volt and your amprex, it'll just a volt and a amprex, spawned when you build it and then destroyed again when you leave the simulacrum.

Basically, don't let the simulacrum access and modify any of the gear the player has.

exactly like this

Simple solution : when going to arsenal in simulacrum add an option to use simulated weapon.  When selected the player is prompted to select what weapon to simulate, then they can edit it via the loadout screen.   When the player exits, or when the game loads, simulated weapon gets deleted from the player arsenal if it exists.

As far as forma, maybe copy paste the code from the regular actions screen from mod selection but substitute "SimulatedForma" for forma, and give the player an unlimited supply of SimulatedForma to work with.

Probably the technical and UI limitations are more trouble than it's worth. 

I don't think it's that big of an issue anyway. It's hard to ruin a weapon in Warframe. Everything is reversible. If you want to forma weapon, just go ahead and do it.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Why play the game if everything is available? If you play the game to just shoot things, then this would allow you to just fire up the SImulacrum and not need to do any of that pointless grinding for things or finding mods. If you play the game to find neat weapons... why not just boot up the Simulacrum and have every weapon at your fingertips?

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Why play the game if everything is available? If you play the game to just shoot things, then this would allow you to just fire up the SImulacrum and not need to do any of that pointless grinding for things or finding mods. If you play the game to find neat weapons... why not just boot up the Simulacrum and have every weapon at your fingertips?

Erh? That's like asking why play a soccer match when you can just stay in practice all the time.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb K2k4:

Simple solution : when going to arsenal in simulacrum add an option to use simulated weapon.  When selected the player is prompted to select what weapon to simulate, then they can edit it via the loadout screen.   When the player exits, or when the game loads, simulated weapon gets deleted from the player arsenal if it exists.

As far as forma, maybe copy paste the code from the regular actions screen from mod selection but substitute "SimulatedForma" for forma, and give the player an unlimited supply of SimulatedForma to work with.

This really sounds like an awesome idea to me !