Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve's Periscope Stream - Summary

Twilight053

Steve's Periscope Stream at GDC 2018

The Sacrifice (Umbra)

• Apologies for laughing the Umbra question off, apparently it was a nervous laugh for not releasing it already.
  • The Sacrifice's story is finished, the script is in final draft.
  • The custom gameplay and levels (including encounters and enemy types) are being worked on.
  • The current development phase is: "Okay, get her done."

Venus Open World

• Release date of Venus open world is still unclear.

Miscellaneous

• Steve is in San Francisco to attend GDC 2018, motive was to study how other developers fix their endgame and other systems (armor scaling, damage types, melee).
  • There are plans to expand on the Helminth Charger/Virus.
  • Primed Streamline is getting removed from Chinaframe.
  • Non-humanoid Warframes aren't considered (yet).
  • Geoff is apparently Steve's co-writer.
Edited by Twilight053

29 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Sacrifice comes before Venus and Venus should ship before Tennocon, that's something else he said.

Yea i was pretty suprised about that release timeline. I know sacrifice is pretty much done, since its been worked on since last summer but venus already done in a couple of months like damn, sounds like they maybe lack content for the area...to me anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

Something I forgot to mention: the player ship prototype he showed at Sunday stream more or less "died".

I supposed that so maybe we can expect from them the kingpin system because that one looked interesting.

The shield gating and the weakspot system sounded nice but the weakspot system probably scrapped the shield gating alike or just they are rethinking.

1 hour ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Sacrifice comes before Venus and Venus should ship before Tennocon, that's something else he said.

Great to hear. Begs the question however, what are they planning to show at Tennocon then? I thought for sure Venus would be their big reveal...hmmm

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

Great to hear. Begs the question however, what are they planning to show at Tennocon then? I thought for sure Venus would be their big reveal...hmmm

Its not really a big reveal, they already revealed it... 

Il y a 5 heures, Demoonic a dit :

My guess would be on another cinematic quest, a new open world or new frames.

Some says that last december someone from DE said on Twitter that there were two open world that were being worked on. And that he ''conveniently'' erased the post.

6 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Shield gating is a must, otherwise it has not much sense to use shield + health.

Frames like Inaros and Nidus without shields fare much much better than those with shields.

I still wonder what problem a 2/10 of seconds of invulnerability after the shield goes down could break gameplay wise

Mostly when you get into stuff like how fash shield recharge can get (Since 1 shield is enough for shield gating) how to incentivise more than bare minimum shields. How to treat corpus enemies like should they get it too. And abilities that give shields like Harrow's 1, Mag's crush, Trin's Aug ev, volt's aug discharge. And lastly arcanes specifically the one that gives shield every second after getting damaged but others too.

25 minutes ago, Rukako122 said:

My guess would be on another cinematic quest, a new open world or new frames.

Some says that last december someone from DE said on Twitter that there were two open world that were being worked on. And that he ''conveniently'' erased the post.

You never know. Im assuming they will go with this open world thingy for while but i think they might even reveal something we dont expect.

8 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Steve's Periscope Stream at GDC 2018

The Sacrifice (Umbra)

• Apologies for laughing the Umbra question off, apparently it was a nervous laugh for not releasing it already.
  • The Sacrifice's story is finished, the script is in final draft.
  • The custom gameplay and levels (including encounters and enemy types) are being worked on.
  • The current development phase is: "Okay, get her done."

Venus Open World

• Release date of Venus open world is still unclear.

Miscellaneous

• Steve is in San Francisco to attend GDC 2018, motive was to study how other developers fix their endgame and other systems (armor scaling, damage types, melee).
  • There are plans to expand on the Helminth Charger/Virus.
  • Primed Streamline is getting removed from Chinaframe.
  • Non-humanoid Warframes aren't considered (yet).
  • Geoff is apparently Steve's co-writer.

Thank you very much good sir, I didn't even know he had a periscope stream on Umbra recently till I was browsing the forums. You're the best. 

Edited by UMBRANEMESIS

8 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

Yea i was pretty suprised about that release timeline. I know sacrifice is pretty much done, since its been worked on since last summer but venus already done in a couple of months like damn, sounds like they maybe lack content for the area...to me anyway. 

Well, maybe. Though let's not forget that with PoE they had to rewrite a lot of code and invent new systems so they game could handle and open world map. With Venus that is all already in place, so all the time goes towards visuals and content, which probably cuts down the time it takes to make it by quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Recel said:

Well, maybe. Though let's not forget that with PoE they had to rewrite a lot of code and invent new systems so they game could handle and open world map. With Venus that is all already in place, so all the time goes towards visuals and content, which probably cuts down the time it takes to make it by quite a bit.

Venus is bigger and they upgraded their landscape tech and other tech, so...