Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Integrating archwing into the rest of the game.

There is one way I think you could go about this. 

create archwing tiles on other sets than just the (seldom visited on purpose) Uranus aquatic tiles. If you, say, put some archwing areas on the gallion tile set, then people might might actually use archwing enough to see it as a viable mode of play. Maybe in invasions it could be the area between two ships. Or maybe that looks like any large open space. Maybe in a survival mission, you hang out in this outside of the ship area-tile. Then, when you leave, the enemies leave or get transferred to a tile where they're landing. Like a big docking/landing room or something. Naturally, things in archwing rooms or areas need a way to get from that room to the next without archwing (for people without archwings). Or you can just pop the driveable enemy vehicles in the docking/landing bay tiles so anyone can traverse them.

I think archwing is cool and should be more integral in warframe.

Yay or Nah?

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
Additional thought.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

There is one way I think you could go about this. 

create archwing tiles on other sets than just the (seldom visited on purpose) Uranus aquatic tiles. If you, say, put some archwing areas on the gallion tile set, then people might might actually use archwing enough to see it as a viable mode of play. Maybe in invasions it could be the area between two ships. Or maybe that looks like any large open space. Maybe in a survival mission, you hang out in this outside of the ship area-tile. Then, when you leave, the enemies leave or get transferred to a tile where they're landing. Like a big docking/landing room or something. Naturally, things in archwing rooms or areas need a way to get from that room to the next without archwing (for people without archwings). Or you can just pop the driveable enemy vehicles in the docking/landing bay tiles so anyone can traverse them.

I think archwing is cool and should be more integral in warframe.

Yay or Nah?

I think archwing is not cool and needs to disappear.

So Nah.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Why?

Because it's intrusive (yeah, hello Limbo, hello Atlas). Because it plays nothing like the regular game. Because what Warframe you use is completely irrelevant. Because it's maps suck. Because it's controls suck.

I don't like it, it's an opinion, yes, but it's mine. And as far as I am concerned, just like conclave, archwing can't disappear soon enough.

The only good thing archwing brought from my point of view, and the only archwing-like gameplay I can tolerate, is Titania's Razorwing.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 hour ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Because it's intrusive (yeah, hello Limbo, hello Atlas). Because it plays nothing like the regular game. Because what Warframe you use is completely irrelevant. Because it's maps suck. Because it's controls suck.

I don't like it, it's an opinion, yes, but it's mine. And as far as I am concerned, just like conclave, archwing can't disappear soon enough.

The only good thing archwing brought from my point of view, and the only archwing-like gameplay I can tolerate, is Titania's Razorwing.

It's not going to disappear. Players forced DE to make frame choice not matter to Archwing.

5 hours ago, Artorius-Alter said:

This is good, you outlined the issues of archwing perfectly in my opinion... But unlike conclave, I personally feel it can be fixed into the proper warframe experience. 

I feel like archwings should just increase the range of warframe powers or something along those lines. It's weird that they have their abilities... I feel like I covered maps here. And... oh god. It's bleak.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

This is good, you outlined the issues of archwing perfectly in my opinion... But unlike conclave, I personally feel it can be fixed into the proper warframe experience. 

I feel like archwings should just increase the range of warframe powers or something along those lines. It's weird that they have their abilities... I feel like I covered maps here. And... oh god. It's bleak.

Tell me, how would Hydroid undertow work with archwing. Rhino's Stomp, Frost Ice Wave, Vauban's mines, Ivara's wire, Loki's Disarm, Nidus's Virulence or Ravenous, Atlas' Rumblers, Banshee's Quake, and more and more, none of these would work in archwing. That is the main reason why it isn't a thing: It makes no sense. DE would have to make entirely new skills and animations and FX for this.

First step's first, just make Archwing controls consistent across all game modes it appears in already. That way players can get used to it instead of having it be different between space, sea lab and plains. Or at least make them more similar than they are now.

And no, it shouldn't be affected by what frame you use. Hell, I'd like to even be able to choose what frame body I use for Archwing or even have ones specifically tailored for 'em.

1. I posted it already somewhere, but since nobody mentioned this: what matters in Warframe for me is loot - I don't go to planets, which have no usefull loot, not because I don't like them, but because it feels like wasting my time, because loot is the only reason to be there (btw I wish DE would stop mixing missions and planets, thinking it would be more fun, and instead make some left out resources matters because I don't want different ship missions, I really would like to have a reason to go to a different planet). But with archwing it looks like they think it is different - that you like to be in space, you are watching stars, you like flying around... Well I do, but if the loot from that mission is almost 0 ...

2. there was a discussion a year ago when someone said DE are going to implement archwing more into missions - I guess like it is now in PoE and I really like it - only I wish they would bring a new earth design of such arching too with story mission and crafting from earth materials, with fishes clunking on oiled fish leathered wings ....  But I had a different idea - if I could have a whole new warframe just for space - really space warframe, maybe similar to those organic ships in Battlestar Galactica, only I wasn't able to think out the best skills of such frame. And under water - wings are too big and clunky. But what else instead of it?

3. and as someone mentioned - there is only 5 types of wings...

So I guess it is now somewhere between. Maybe DE will come with some the best idea solving everything or something as usually.

Edited by Morndawn

And another solution I have heard from someone and I really like is that you could have still the same type or archwing - like Amesha with healing skills, only you could have different grafic model for space (space organic ship), plains (travelling hovercraft), around planet orbiters/ships (archwings as they are now) and under water (something themed like bombs with oxygen only it would be something for waterproof), and it would behave slightly different while travelling so it would fit movement patterns of such surface - like more agile underwater, heavier in space, gliding above of plains and so on. And based on the mission type or surface type it would change visually to suit that. So the moment you would step underwater you would wear oxygen, and so on.

And you could choose how it will looks like in Archwing layout with more of graphic slots for each type.

That way when it would stop being so universal but not really fitting, it could be more accurate and fun. But maybe it would be too much complicated. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Care to elaborate for the majority who hasn't reached Mr25?

There are a bunch of platforms all over the place. To get to them, you need to pick up an archwing launcher charge somewhere (each platform has them) to go to the other platforms and fight enemies. There isn't any fight on archwing mode (unless you want to rain death) or tunnels and narrow passages, it's a totally open space and archwing is used mainly to move around between points.

Absolutely despise archwing.  Everything about it.  The controls, and most of the weapons and even several of the abilities on different archwings all feel like garbage to me.  I finally got a condition overload, and I farmed out equinox.  The only thing that can get me to go back to uranus now is a really good alert reward or a sortie because shark-wing is quite possibly the worst part of any videogame I've ever played, and I played Bebe's Kids on the NES.

I imagine a lot of people dont enjoy archwing so they dont want it shoved f=down their throats more and more. I dont mind it being incorporated as long as it isnt excessive but I have seen a lot of people saying they dont like archwings at all

I don't like Archwing, but use it in PoE for fast travel. My Nova can't do 800m wormholes. 

I usually refrain doing Archwing missions, as I get nothing of interest. Not even a mod, so my Archwing isn't even Rank 30.

AW wouldn't be so bad if 95% of the areas weren't so tiny. Going back and playing much, much older games that do space flight better makes me assume it must be a rendering limitation of the engine that keeps them from using larger spaces that would actually be enjoyable for combat. 

Sad to see something from the original PlayStation wiping the floor with what we have in a modern game. 

Why are we trying to thread the needle through exhaust vents via a horrid view angle instead of getting to enjoy combat? Why are we fighting Grineer in underwater fish bowls so tiny that there's no room to maneuver. AW is good in concept but needs a horrible amount of rework to be anything remotely fun. 

It looks like a good solution - the biggest issue of my friend with archwing right after almost no loot was no ninja movement. And the movement they implemented about a year ago was I think more like ship simulator and some players had sick problems, but this looks really like some space ninja fight movement. 

Am 21.3.2018 um 20:48 schrieb Artorius-Alter:

For some unknown reason I enjoy that too. 

Either its because you use it when you want and you can use it everywhere you want. 

Second, the controls of Titania are slightly  different (at least to me if my memory doesn't fail me on this one)