Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so rhino can be a better tank than valkyr, makes sense.

(PSN)H3art_Th13f

it's painful playing valkyr when her hysteria is just smacked into the ground with nerfs thanks to noobs crying about their precious rhino being outpaced by a girl. Like iron clad charge has no ceiling so you can get to 75k and it's fast mobile and is op and is his main ability. but valkyr has to be 20+m away when she takes damage which is ironic for a melee frame and the damage you take can very well kill you at high levels where rhino can do 300+ no problem.

come on DE I want to use a frame that isn't just for noobs when I want to tank.

1 minute ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

it's painful playing valkyr when her hysteria is just smacked into the ground with nerfs thanks to noobs crying about their precious rhino being outpaced by a girl.

That wasn't the reason why she got nerfed.

Like iron clad charge has no ceiling so you can get to 75k and it's fast mobile and is op and is his main ability. but valkyr has to be 20+m away when she takes damage which is ironic for a melee frame and the damage you take can very well kill you at high levels where rhino can do 300+ no problem.

Considering how much damage she can do with Hysteria there needed to be a trade off, in short she couldn't be total god-mode. DE wanted players to be smart with using Hysteria instead of using it as a press-4-to-win and simply brushing your problems away.

3 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Last time I played Valkyr She's still pretty good to me. Are you just refering to the energy drain vs. one time cast of Iron skin?

dawg the ring of damage is the reason i hate her, and the energy drain is $&*&*#(%&ed since it defeats the purpose of using hysteria to only recover if it drains your energy.

shes S#&$.

5 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

That wasn't the reason why she got nerfed.

Considering how much damage she can do with Hysteria there needed to be a trade off, in short she couldn't be total god-mode. DE wanted players to be smart with using Hysteria instead of using it as a press-4-to-win and simply brushing your problems away.

why'd she get nerfed, and why to this extent.

her damage scales off your weapon and isn't all that good since it has no range and requires you to get in close which puts you at a huge risk to take that damage. it's not invincibility she just suspends the damage. it was never god mod, if it was she'd be used more than rhino. her abilities suck even more.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

dawg the ring of damage is the reason i hate her, and the energy drain is $&*&*#(%&ed since it defeats the purpose of using hysteria to only recover if it drains your energy.

shes S#&$.

It's stupidly easy to avoid...

1: Kill everyone close, easy to do.

2: Bullet jump away for a second, to end hysteria

3: Rip line away to a spot no enemies can get too.

4 minutes ago, Cryptix123 said:

According to who? I certainly don't think so. A high armor stat don't mean crap without a method of healing.

We all know Valkyr has numerous ways to heal herself, and has unrivaled levels of Armor.

Edited by Andaius

Just now, Andaius said:

It's stupidly easy to avoid...

1: Kill everyone close, easy to do.

2: Bullet jump away for a second, to end hysteria

3: Rip line away to a spot no enemies can get too.

so say you are playing killing stuff, you get a finisher and while you do it your energy goes out and due to it's weak damage doesn't kill the enemy. you just took 1trillion in impact since he was in that ring and you had a tough fight with high levels before it ended.

would you survive?

if you answer no then it's not a method of perfect invincibility. 

so say you are playing killing stuff, you get a finisher and while you do it your energy goes out and due to it's weak damage doesn't kill the enemy. you just took 1trillion in impact since he was in that ring and you had a tough fight with high levels before it ended.

would you survive?

if you answer no then it's not a method of perfect invincibility. 

XD Wow the Answer to that is also stupidly obvious. Don't Jump in to attack a large number of enemies when you have 5 energy in your pool and are in hysteria still....

2 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Berserk frame = Melee who would have thought! Misusing any ability in warframe can mean death! XD All you have to do is take a second and learn the ins and outs of your frame and then actually use that info to prevent you from getting killed!

you  took that out of context. you  know damn well how hysteria works and knew what I meant.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

why'd she get nerfed, and why to this extent.

DE does not want any frame to be total god-mode. Before her nerf she did a lot of damage and was completely immune to damage. The only drawback that exist was energy consumption, but that was so easily to get around. DE wanted her to kill enemies in melee range and they know that it can be dangerous hence her immunity, but they wanted players to be mindful about using it.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

her damage scales off your weapon and isn't all that good since it has no range and requires you to get in close which puts you at a huge risk to take that damage.

Hence the immunity she gets for using Hysteria, but DE doesn't want you to just bush off the threat.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

it's not invincibility she just suspends the damage. it was never god mod, if it was she'd be used more than rhino. her abilities suck even more.

Just because she had god-mode doesn't mean its to everyone's taste. 

5 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

DE does not want any frame to be total god-mode. Before her nerf she did a lot of damage and was completely immune to damage. The only drawback that exist was energy consumption, but that was so easily to get around. DE wanted her to kill enemies in melee range and they know that it can be dangerous hence her immunity, but they wanted players to be mindful about using it.

Hence the immunity she gets for using Hysteria, but DE doesn't want you to just bush off the threat.

Just because she had god-mode doesn't mean its to everyone's taste. 

PERhaps he wants the days back where you could spend like 40 - 80 minute missions in Hysteria the whole time. Or back when it was a timed ability that could be spammed with pretty much no drawback aside from being in melee?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Wait that ring damages valkyr? Never knew that but i always retreat when my energy got low so i could regen safely.

He's talking about the ring around Valkyr when in hysteria mode that when ended and Enemies are still in you take built up damage. IF you end the ability with no enemy in the ring (Even if they are still in LoS or still attacking you mind you), you'll take no damage you took while in hysteria mode.

Edited by Andaius

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Wait that ring damages valkyr? Never knew that but i always retreat when my energy got low so i could regen safely.

^^DE probably intended for us to play that way. Plus, the risk you get from turning off Hysteria and a enemy is in your radius after you get the lifesteal you needed fits her risk/reward.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

the ring of damage is the reason i hate her

38 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

her damage scales off your weapon and isn't all that good since it has no range and requires you to get in close which puts you at a huge risk to take that damage.

it's not invincibility she just suspends the damage.

yes, Hysteria's Claws scale from your Melee Weapons' Mods which means as an Exalted Ability, it deals a pretty ridiculous amount of Damage. plus you can perform Finishers anytime you want to about triple the Level of Enemy you can Kill trivially. from the Enemies that would start to survive a few hits via Armor or raw Health.

i actually do not know a single Player myself that has been Killed or significantly Damaged by the bubble thing on Hysteria. i would suspect, that is because when they're in Hysteria they're Killing every Enemy from here to the next County effortlessly and therefore when they turn off Hysteria, they are standing in an empty room.
the most Damage i recall friends mentioning they take from that bubble... is something akin to 'oh it almost broke my Shields'.

the usual advice of 'your Warframe has 4 Abilities, all of them are useful in some ways even if those are mainly indirect/unintended ways' would apply here pretty well to improve your performance with Valkyr.

1 hour ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

it's painful playing valkyr when her hysteria is just smacked into the ground with nerfs thanks to noobs crying about their precious rhino being outpaced by a girl. Like iron clad charge has no ceiling so you can get to 75k and it's fast mobile and is op and is his main ability. but valkyr has to be 20+m away when she takes damage which is ironic for a melee frame and the damage you take can very well kill you at high levels where rhino can do 300+ no problem.

come on DE I want to use a frame that isn't just for noobs when I want to tank.

What ?
Valkyr can stay alive with no issues and perform even better than Rhino, man.
Boost her armor , give her an HP mod , build her as you'd usually build her for eternal warcry and hop in any level 100+ mission , keep melting enemies and only pop hysteria when you need to heal yourself ( cause invincibility + life steal ) .
She is perfectly fine.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)H3art_Th13f said:

she should be tanky, so shove your attitude up your ass.

She is tanky.

55 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Well yea... thats like... the way it is. Rhino is a tank, Valkyr is a melee frame. 

Valk is a tank too, she can stay alive with no issues in level 100+ missions .

C4KVVrk.jpg

This is my build .
 ( Obviously....try maxing those mods if you can , I am just lazy ) Your armor will allow you to tank pretty much anything up to very high levels , your shields may go down quickly but don't worry about it as your hp will not ( and you can just pop hysteria, hit one enemy and go back to 100% in a second, rage gives you enough energy to keep doing so consistently even though you should not need it so strictly ) ; your power strenght will allow hysteria and warcry to be pretty powerful ( doubt you really need ripline or paralysis ) but you want to play by bringing with you a good melee weapon, popping warcry and start killing stuff ; unless there is a nuke frame in your party or the enemies are very distant your war cry shouldn't run out of duration but even if it happened you can still rely on your energy pool .
Use this build ( or make your own's ) in order to be a tough Valkyr tank , resurrect your team-mates when they need it with almost ( or zero, if you pop hysteria ) no risk and keep being very effective even in endgame content.

( p.s. if you can farm for arcanes or afford them I'd recommend arcane guardian )

Edited by Elyann

12 hours ago, Elyann said:

What ?
Valkyr can stay alive with no issues and perform even better than Rhino, man.
Boost her armor , give her an HP mod , build her as you'd usually build her for eternal warcry and hop in any level 100+ mission , keep melting enemies and only pop hysteria when you need to heal yourself ( cause invincibility + life steal ) .
She is perfectly fine.

She is tanky.

Valk is a tank too, she can stay alive with no issues in level 100+ missions .

C4KVVrk.jpg

This is my build .
 ( Obviously....try maxing those mods if you can , I am just lazy ) Your armor will allow you to tank pretty much anything up to very high levels , your shields may go down quickly but don't worry about it as your hp will not ( and you can just pop hysteria, hit one enemy and go back to 100% in a second, rage gives you enough energy to keep doing so consistently even though you should not need it so strictly ) ; your power strenght will allow hysteria and warcry to be pretty powerful ( doubt you really need ripline or paralysis ) but you want to play by bringing with you a good melee weapon, popping warcry and start killing stuff ; unless there is a nuke frame in your party or the enemies are very distant your war cry shouldn't run out of duration but even if it happened you can still rely on your energy pool .
Use this build ( or make your own's ) in order to be a tough Valkyr tank , resurrect your team-mates when they need it with almost ( or zero, if you pop hysteria ) no risk and keep being very effective even in endgame content.

The thing about Valkyr is i used her in MOT before and there was one attempt where i couldn’t die until 170 - 180. BTW, Enemies in MOT hit twice as hard than normal so 170 - 180 is like 340 - 360 if someone is that good in a different survival.

Edited by Shaw1996