The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe worth to spend some platinum

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone, anyther silly question i ask advice for :)

So long i mainly use my beloved Rhino and Valkyr Prime for everything higher content (ie sortie and the few endless i do). And Ivara for spy mission (that feel like cheating... :cool:)
I have also Gara, Hydroid Prime, Frost Prime, Ember i use for casual game, leveling run at akkad, having fun, relic farming etc; Titania for specific mission (ie Lua Spy), Mag for long range aka PoE bounties, and Chroma for Eidolon Hunt (never used so far, but i'm building for it)

Besides, i have a fair amount of platinum (over 800) and they will increase ('cause i got a couple full set to sell, several vaulted part/blueprint and a lot of riven mod i don't use; also, once in a month when i get the platinum discount i buy a couple coffee to DE for a bunch of platinum :) )
I sure will keep platinum for weapon and warframe slot, potatoes, some prime items, mod i don't whanna farm and even occasional fancy useless items (like the big diorama with 2x little figures in my private chamber :) ) but i'm thinking about using some platinum to buy an hard-to-farm and cool warframe who does'nt cost too much and will improve my arsenal.

So far i narrowed down to few choices:

• Octavia: because is a cool support warframe and i don't have support frame (except for Mag, or when i spam Rhino's Roar). I have main BP (very cool quest, btw) and the one piece you get from music puzzle quest on Lua, but really don't whant to farm the other ones... However, a friend of mine got her and said me you need to buy with platinum all their instruments, so unless you whanna do only techno/dj music, you need to spend a lot more. And that's no cool, and way less coll if you spend platinum on the warframe... :|
  • Nidus: i know there is a quest to find the blueprint (Glast Gambit if i'm not wrong) but i also read that farming component is a pain in the ending back of your warframe so i guess is a good choice for just 225 platinum. As far as i read on the wiki seems a good tank with crowd control and an auto-rez mechanism, so seems cool. And also can freely enter the infirmary so i can remove the cyst from my other warframe :) However, i got a lot of other tank and Hydroid Prime too is spamming tentacle-things so i fear there are a bit overlap (on the plus side: i already have the augment mod for it :D )
  • Harrow: i already did Chains of Harrow, and i already have chassis and neuroptics (already built) then i discovered for systems you need roation c of defection mission, so i need to farm the mission i really really hate soo much x_x . Dunno honestly what particularly does :) but seems a support warframe and that what i miss from my arsenal

So, what do you advice me?
What else do you think could be nice/cool/interesting to invest my platinum into? what do you think about those ones?

Ty for your advice :)

ps: because is a personal matter about tastes and playstyle, i need to point out i also used Oberon and Nyx, and i trashed that away as soon as i hit 30 because i feel that very unfunny for my playstyle, and Nezha i used a bit for wisp hunting and then trashed 'cause i found not really so fun to occupy a slot. And Banshee, i really don't have any adversary feeling about Banshee but honestly i found her not better than any other warframe i have in every aspect. So if you think someone of the warframe i posted before is very similar to one of those 4, point to me out so it can help me to get my dedcision :)

20 answers to this question

So long i mainly use my beloved Rhino and Valkyr Prime for everything higher content (ie sortie and the few endless i do). And Ivara for spy mission (that feel like cheating... :cool:)
I have also Gara, Hydroid Prime, Frost Prime, Ember i use for casual game, leveling run at akkad, having fun, relic farming etc; Titania for specific mission (ie Lua Spy), Mag for long range aka PoE bounties, and Chroma for Eidolon Hunt (never used so far, but i'm building for it)

Besides, i have a fair amount of platinum (over 800) and they will increase ('cause i got a couple full set to sell, several vaulted part/blueprint and a lot of riven mod i don't use; also, once in a month when i get the platinum discount i buy a couple coffee to DE for a bunch of platinum :) )
I sure will keep platinum for weapon and warframe slot, potatoes, some prime items, mod i don't whanna farm and even occasional fancy useless items (like the big diorama with 2x little figures in my private chamber :) ) but i'm thinking about using some platinum to buy an hard-to-farm and cool warframe who does'nt cost too much and will improve my arsenal.

• Octavia: because is a cool support warframe and i don't have support frame (except for Mag, or when i spam Rhino's Roar). I have main BP (very cool quest, btw) and the one piece you get from music puzzle quest on Lua, but really don't whant to farm the other ones... However, a friend of mine got her and said me you need to buy with platinum all their instruments, so unless you whanna do only techno/dj music, you need to spend a lot more. And that's no cool, and way less coll if you spend platinum on the warframe... :|
  • Nidus: i know there is a quest to find the blueprint (Glast Gambit if i'm not wrong) but i also read that farming component is a pain in the ending back of your warframe so i guess is a good choice for just 225 platinum. As far as i read on the wiki seems a good tank with crowd control and an auto-rez mechanism, so seems cool. And also can freely enter the infirmary so i can remove the cyst from my other warframe :) However, i got a lot of other tank and Hydroid Prime too is spamming tentacle-things so i fear there are a bit overlap (on the plus side: i already have the augment mod for it :D )
  • Harrow: i already did Chains of Harrow, and i already have chassis and neuroptics (already built) then i discovered for systems you need roation c of defection mission, so i need to farm the mission i really really hate soo much x_x . Dunno honestly what particularly does :) but seems a support warframe and that what i miss from my arsenal

What else do you think could be nice/cool/interesting to invest my platinum into? what do you think about those ones?

ps: because is a personal matter about tastes and playstyle, i need to point out i also used Oberon and Nyx, and i trashed that away as soon as i hit 30 because i feel that very unfunny for my playstyle, and Nezha i used a bit for wisp hunting and then trashed 'cause i found not really so fun to occupy a slot. And Banshee, i really don't have any adversary feeling about Banshee but honestly i found her not better than any other warframe i have in every aspect. So if you think someone of the warframe i posted before is very similar to one of those 4, point to me out so it can help me to get my dedcision :)

The problem with buying frames that come from quests is that you can't get rid of the quests as they don't auto-complete ( dunno if this has changed? ); I think you can still build the parts, but if the quest requires you to build the Warframe itself? .. you stuck. 

So if you don't mind that and really don't want to farm for it .. I'd say go for Harrow and then also buy the Graxx skin (best skin in the game). 

I have only bought one warframe so far with plat, and that was Mesa. Not yet tried, but I chose to, in order to save the time it would take to get her normally. (Only drops from Mutilist Alad V, who requires rare nav coordinates that rarely pop up on alerts)

I got Octavia through gameplay, she is good fun to use, and earning her did not take too long. So I would recommend trying to get her in game. As mentioned there are 7, I think, music/instrument packs to buy at 50/75 each, so having extra plat would be good if you decide you like the frame and want to start playing with the music more. 

I've got most of Harrow built and all the blueprints, the defection blueprint I managed to get on the second attempt. If you can find a public group it should not be too bad hopefully!

I'd also suggest considering some Warframe action figures for your orbiter as you sound like you've got a nice collection to show off! :)

None.

Octavia's components are pretty easy to get. Only her Neuroptics MIGHT take a while.

Nidus's components are also easy to get, mainly solo. I did it with Valkyr Prime and a Heavy Sword with Cleaving Whirlwind, you just need to be patient.

Harrow's components could be a pain to get, but since you already got the System, I really don't think you should buy him. Defections are a walk in the park with any frame, and even easier/faster with an Oberon or Trinity. It's mostly a waiting game, since you don't need to accompany the prisoners when they move between points, you just need to tell them "Go".

But if you're feeling impatient/lazy/utter hate towards a mission type, you could always simply buy all three of them.

Edited by Guest

Personally I would never buy obtainable frames with plat from market. I think thats very expensive without coupon.

Regarding the frames, those 3 are very good frames, which are very different, but playing them ist it absolutely worth, its always fun! Obtaining them isn´t as easy as the most other frames, but I can tell you, it is not impossible ;)

Ask in the recruitment chennel for mates who´ll farm with you, I´m sure you´ll find a good team with it is fun even to farm for it! ;)

But the plat, personally I sent it only in cosmetics.

21 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

Octavia's parts generally don't take all that long to farm in the experience of myself and friends who've farmed her. The additional instruments do require purchase if you want to create music using the Mandachord with anything other than the default instruments.

Nidus can be a bit of a drag to get the parts for, but you tend to get a lot of relics along the way. I used the opportunity to level and forma a few weapon back when I farmed up Nidus, but buying him for plat would definitely have been a nice time saver.

Harrow, on the other hand, can be quite the hill to climb in terms of grinding, relying on rewards from both Defection and Kuva Spy missions. Skipping the grind would be pretty worthwhile if you can afford to do so and are really 100% sure you're gonna want/like Harrow.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

12 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

From what you said, it sounds like you would prefer to buy Harrow. But if all you need is one single part, maybe try farm it first? "I do not like the mission" is a poor excuse, you might only need to spend 20 - 30 mins there. If you want a frame for Eidolons, Harrow is quite good. My suggestion is to think about which type appeals to you the most?

Nidus> Tank, CC, damage, AoE heal, buffs.

Octavia> High AoE damage, CC (enemies target the ball), buffs. Squishy, has invisibility.

Harrow> Crit buffs, CC, AoE damage immunity. 

I managed to get Octavia and Harrow really quickly (under an hour each, excluding quest). I did buy Nidus, because I wanted him. He is a pain to farm though.

vor 1 Minute schrieb TheGrimCorsair:

You didn't mention her, but if you plan on getting Ivara, she's another one that spending plat on is the better route than farming if you can afford it.

yes he had ;) he already owns her:

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Kelpie77:

And Ivara for spy mission (that feel like cheating... :cool:)

Octavia isn't that hard to farm but Harrow and Nidus can be a pain.

I'd personally go with Nidus because I hate Salvage even more than Defection and because of that god-awful Glast Gambit quest.

First of all, thank you all for your advices :)

in the weekend i'll search for someone else to do defection to complete harrow, is the one i need less component; besides, i dunno if i can survive doing defection quests (the ones i hate the second most, past the hive mission... or even worse then hive mission 'cause hive could be really quick if you play with someone more expert...)

Probably spending 225 platinum on warframe you can found while a bit farming is not really worth, and you can spend same amount on prime warframe from other players (well, a bit less 'cause you will need to buy also warframe slot and potato) but as i see is almost the same things, and those three are warframe who does'nt have a prime equivalent, are a pain to farm and are also a bit different from the other ones i got.

If all you need for harrow is one piece farm the mission. Say in recruit chat you are farming for him and then go to Saturn to do the mission, supposedly it has better drops. I used ember and my soma prime to cut the hoards of infested down. 

Harrow is defently worth the farm to get it may take a couple tries but he is so good. I am able to out live some other frames because I have a bonus shield of 3210 and I am not even done upgrading all his mods yet. 

Octavia I feel is not worth the plat then again I don’t like squishy frames except Ember. She isn’t too hard to farm either if you already have the piece from the music challenge then the only other difficult one would be the chassis, i think that’s the piece, which is from the other challenge.

I have not use Nidus yet because I have not done the farming yet.

If you get Harrow let me know I’ll show you the build I have on mine.

I also bought nidus as my second warframe after excalibur. Not disappointed a second. I can easily go into parties with very 10+ players and 40 lvl foes are joke with nidus abilities. I donot even use my weapons. And i started to get into high level missions with MR2 or 3.

I did this because i wanted to begin the game with a warframe to my taste, against all opposite suggestions, and that was the best thing i did. Otherwise i would wait until pluto i guess which is one of the last planets in the game, meaning end of the single player. Naah, did not do that.