Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, Rouxinol said:

Where's my chat? Im drunker than I was before and still lonely

Whatcha drinking? I just finished a bottle of S#&$ty rum.

5 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

It's not particulary expensive to rent a botnet. Though I can't fathom why anyone would be willing to pay just to DDoS a game.

Two reasons I can think of right off the top of my head:

1. Because they're pathetic and being a bully makes them feel less so.
  2. Online racketeering. Yes, that's a very real thing (another of the Russian Mob's many unpleasant inventions) and since Warframe is big business, it makes a tempting target.

1 minute ago, IrrelevantFish said:

Two reasons I can think of right off the top of my head:

1. Because they're pathetic and being a bully makes them feel less so.
  2. Online racketeering. Yes, that's a very real thing (another of the Russian Mob's many unpleasant inventions) and since Warframe is big business, it makes a tempting target.

The last DDoS was apparently because DE released some Mods that were previously unobtainable or something; and it lowered their value. In true gamer entitlement rage, they DDoS'd DE in response. 

That's what I read anyway. :P

3 minutes ago, N64Gamefreak said:

I stopped reading here.

It's called cacography, or eye dialect; deliberate misspelling either for comedic effect, or to achieve a particular purpose; in this case, I was trying to make the lyrics flow better. 

Edited by NuttiKrust
  • Like 2

12 минут назад, DojikkoVoidNinja сказал:

Yeah, problem is both Destinies in their current form are terrible games that I left for good reason. Year 1 Destiny was pretty much the only Destiny worth playing, and it's long gone. So Warframe is certainly superior, even with the various issues it has, and I would certainly recommend sticking around Warframe until this clears instead of wasting any money on a different game that will typically be far more disappointing.

It was an answer-joke for a "reasons to ddos?" question. I played in Destiny for an hour or so and i will not buy it even if it will cost 1$.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb General_Democles:

The addiction is real.. with the warframe server down i feel so restless and incomplete. :sad:

Just imagine there would be a blackout at your location. Then not even you could not play warframe, you couldn't even complain on the forums about not being able to play warframe. You're going to starve because you're not even able to order pizza because your wifi is also offline, but in case you can't even play warframe this is just a minor problem.

I find it really terryfing, HOW depended some people seem to be on just an online game, especially if it is just down for a few hours.

Anyway, i'm logged in now since about half an hour again and it seems to work. Had no disconnects so far.

1 hour ago, k1llersqu1rl said:

its not them, somone is DDOSing the warframe servers, it takes a while to fix that, it is also illegal to do that. the only way to really stop it is for the person doing it, to either get arrested, or for them to get bored and stop it. there is only so much the devs can do, as as they fix it the DDOSer can change somthing on his end and make their efforts useless. DDOS Deliberate Denial Of Service, he is sending requests and other things to the Warframe servers in such large numbers that the servers cant handle it, he is tieing up the servers so the only thing they can do is respond to what he is doing. it a great deal of time to stop and correct the issue.

Incorrect, there are various other ways to deal with a DDOS, some of the easiest being migrating targets to IPs that are harder for the attacker to follow to/re-acquire and/or hardened servers that can filter the traffic in some way (Hint: Various cloud hosting services offer this kind of service.) Working with ISPs to filter the attack packets at higher levels is also an option, and these are just off the top of my head. And then there's chipping away one-by-one at the botnet sourcing the attack, which is tedious, but generally easier than finding the one coordinating. Exact nature of the attack, which I don't have info on in this case, can open further, more specific options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DojikkoVoidNinja said:

-Snip-

-Snap-

-Snop-

-Snoop-

M-m-m-multi post! Sure you aren't being DDoS'd too? :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Badboysei said:

So one thing out of DE's control and you're thinking about thinking to uninstall?

This is the reason why any technical server issues with warframe will be blamed on a denial of service attack.

Even if it is the case then it's still there fault for not paying for adequate protection.

I rent a business server and over the years I've been playing warframe it's gone down multiple times from technical issues,but its rare and never from a DDOS attack.

It's actually about the same amount of times as WF servers have gone down,give or take.

So it's kind of amazing to me that they have never had a server issues that wasn't a denial of service attack.

It's also amazing how it does not appear to be reported in any gaming news after the fact,or at least the last two times it's happened.

I wish i had a get out of jail card free in my business.

I love seeing how much warframe has developed over the years. I was there shortly after it came out and it has been one of my favorite games for a long time. Love the community and this just outage just goes to show how interactive the community is. Love all of you, thanks for an amazing trip.

1 hour ago, xarabas02 said:

Seeing how the servers are still down, should I continue posting pics of my cat sleeping currently? Most of the others posts are spam so I might as well make something nice out of this.

Here is a new one

daagUFi.jpg

• Like 1