Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request to use Longsword Skins on Sword and Shield Weapons

Sephryn_

With the release of the new Inaros Ramses Collection, we have yet another Longsword skin.

The Sword and Shield Genra however, only has 1 weapon skin in total.

My proposal is that players should be given the option to use Longsword skins with the Sword and Shield Weapons. (Silva & Aegis[Prime] and Ack & Brunt);

The shield would retain the same model and texture, as only the weapon would be replaced.

Could this be something we might see in a future update? I would certainly hope so.

That would be incredible. While we are at it we could also add the ability to use skins on zaws. Saying "its a skin for all swords" is quite far from the truth when you cant use it on arguably the best swords in the game. Same for other weapon classes.

Edited by Dawn11715

I'd love to use all sword skins on all Sword & Shield , Dual and Single Swords.

Imagine dual wielded Frysta Skin ( from Frost Harka Deluxe ) or Danaus Shield + Kopesh Sword ( just for cosplaying Bayek from Assassin's Creed: Origins ) 

I support this idea !

2 hours ago, Dawn11715 said:

That would be incredible. While we are at it we could also add the ability to use skins on zaws. Saying "its a skin for all swords" is quite far from the truth when you cant use it on arguably the best swords in the game. Same for other weapon classes.

One of the devs spoke on this. Their method of making zaws work was reliant on the meshes themselves, for whatever reason. His response did sound optimistic, though, for the possibility of them refining the system to be more flexible and allow skins for zaws.

ON-TOPIC: I would really love if we could choose the weapon and shield models independently, though I fear the effort may outweigh the results for DE themselves.