The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Royale could improve PVP

Imniscor

3 days ago Path of Exile, the online ARPG, implemented the Royale game mode with 100 players in an island in Wraeclast.

I think would be cool  if we had a separate instance of the Plains of Eidolon map for a Royale match.

It won't need a lot of development :
- map is there
- players will join as an option (separate instance)
- all the equipment and pvp balance is ready from conclave
- a "dome" that decreases in size (we already have limbo cataclysm)

What needs development :
- server side be able to host more players in a map

Edited by Imniscor

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

We have to remember: Warframe is P2P.

The host has to have the BEST Hardware and internet connection possible if we do 100 players in 1 place.

Even then, I very much doubt it.

correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think conclave is Peer to Peer

2 minutes ago, Dragoncroac said:

No. Please no. Keep that far from warframe. There are so many battle royale, warframe don't need it

You dont need to join in if you dont want. Its completely optional.

Why do you want people not to drink orange juice just because you like apple juice?

Edited by Imniscor

Just now, Imniscor said:

correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think conclave is Peer to Peer

Its a pseudo-Server AKA player hosted servers. So we need at least the internet connection of that player.

Which is not that much better in my experience...

1 minute ago, Imniscor said:

Why do you want people stop drinking orange juice just because you like apple juice?

Because the amount of resources DE would need to devote to creating a Battle Royale system would be better spent creating content that fits within the context of the game, which Battle Royale simply doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

Why do you want people stop drinking orange juice just because you like apple juice?

The problem is that we'd end up with another bout of wasted dev time, you need only look at Lunaro for another example. Lunaro was an unexpected addition to the game, yet was treated as a big thing, with all kinds of promises.. and now it's nothing. We haven't even gotten the usable PvE equivalent of the Arcata yet.

No, Warframe doesn't need Battle Royale. People largely don't even like PvP in Warframe.

Edited by Lanadra

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Because the amount of resources DE would need to devote to creating a Battle Royale system would be better spent creating content that fits within the context of the game, which Battle Royale simply doesn't.

Thats completely wrong.

90% of the development is there :

- map is there

What needs development :

Edited by Imniscor

2 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

The problem is that we'd end up with another bout of wasted dev time, you need only look at Lunaro for another example.

No, Warframe doesn't need Battle Royale. People largely don't even like PvP in Warframe.

Thats completely wrong.

- map is there

What needs development :

1 minute ago, Ash_L said:

Inb4 some random frame nuked the map and everyone starts to screaming for NERFFFFF.

Ah, what a peaceful sight. 

Conclave balance has been working for so long and nobody is crying nerf. Just use the same balance.

Spoiler

Hope you found your answer. Battle royal is bad, PvP is bad... PvP in warframe have already proven to be a mistake, an abomination, an aborted stillborn. 

so please.. please :

Spoiler

Conclave balance has been working for so long and nobody is crying nerf. Just use the same balance.

nobody is crying for help because nobody is playing it, and the few that does are either ignored or burned alive :D

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

We have to remember: Warframe is P2P.

The host has to have the BEST Hardware and internet connection possible if we do 100 players in 1 place.

Even then, I very much doubt it.

Except that Lunaro already has community-run dedicated servers. They could use those.

10 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

Thats completely wrong.

- map is there

What needs development :

What point of ''the audience isn't there'' do you not get? There is no demand for it, people don't even like PvP in Warframe. The existing conclave is being up kept for nothing more then a tiny niche audience that is but a fraction of the wider Warframe player base.

Quite literally DE would have to gamble.. bank on catching the attention of the PUBG/Fortnite audience to fuel their own Battle Royale attempt.. and then you have to remember that such audience already has PUBG and/or Fortnite for their cravings.

Edit: And I just realized.. even if DE catches the attention of that crowd.. unlikely as it is. They would have to figure out a way to satisfy that crowd.. they wouldn't be coming to Warframe for the same reason as most of us.. they wouldn't want to spend literal weeks farming and leveling before getting to their chosen content.

Battle Royale players would immediately want to go hard in their content and really only play their chosen content. Just as PvP has little to offer to most of Warframe's regular player base. PvE would be in that same position to them.

Edited by Lanadra

So the warframe fan base is a bunch of bunny ear users who completely want to deny others to evolve their fun in the game.

well. if you have the urge to hurt someone to show how big your member is , you can play pvp specific games, no need to infect others :D

4 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

What point of ''the audience isn't there'' do you not get? There is no demand for it, people don't even like PvP in Warframe. The existing conclave is being up kept for nothing more then a tiny niche audience that is but a fraction of the wider Warframe player base.

Quite literally DE would have to gamble.. bank on catching the attention of the PUBG/Fortnite audience to fuel their own Battle Royale attempt.. and then you have to remember that such audience already has PUBG and/or Fortnite for their cravings.

There is room for improvement, BR would bring just that.
Do it and the audience will come.

5 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

well. if you have the urge to hurt someone to show how big your member is , you can play pvp specific games, no need to infect others :D

You want other people not eat sushi just because you dont like.
That's childish and selfish. Grow up.

Battle Royal is a fad and nothing more, give it time and it will die out soon enough, I predict 6 months from now people will be sick of it, and most Dev teams will miss the peak of it and then get their games bashed for having an inferior and hastily put together version. 

Also the Battle Royal format is boring as hell and is sooooooo repetitive. 

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12