Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

Ladies and gentlenerds! It's my pleasure to unveil the Sentient Phiptelyst! Based on an amphipthere from fantasy draconology, as well as the talented artwork of @lukinu_u! I hope you all enjoy the latest member of the Legion of Tau.

SENTIENT PHIPTELYST
Sentient_Lung_Final.png
Info:
Phiptelysts are massive Sentient amphiptheres that not only glide through the air, but also burrow like worms through the ground. Phiptelysts possess large wings which they can use as both a weapon, and a tool for flight.
Gameplay:
-Phiptelysts can be encountered in cavern systems in a hibernative state, often curled around massive stalagmites and/or stalactites. "Awake" them by destroying their shields using operator abilities/Void beam. Upon awaking, Phiptelysts let out a disorienting howl before burrowing upwards through the cavern ceiling
-once the Phiptelyst is awake, it prowls the surface of the open zone, and will continue to chase down players until they extract, or it is killed. Only one Phiptelyst can be encountered be instance of the open zone, as they are extremely powerful, and waking up more than 1 would probably be too much for players to handle
-Phiptelysts glide over the battlefield and have a few air based attacks to bombard players with
-Phiptelysts can fire laser beams from their mouths in a line to damage players with high electricity damage
-Phiptelysts can drop flaming bomblets of plasma, creating fiery pools of energy that deal radiation damage to players who stand inside them
-Phiptelysts can also ignite themselves with their plasma, swooping downwards to slam players, sending Tenno flying backwards while dealing a combination of Impact and Radiation damage
-Phiptelysts have two Synovias on their 'neck'- one large on on top and a smaller one on the bottom. Destroying both synovia causes the Phiptelyst's wings to break off, grounding it. NOTE: Destroying these Synovias are an optional objective that are not required to destroy the Phiptelyst
-once grounded, the Phiptelysts lose their flying attacks and gain new ones
-while grounded, Phiptelysts take 2.5x damage from all melee attacks, and also have their armour reduced by 50%
-grounded Phiptelysts can roll across the ground sideways, crushing any Tenno caught in its path with impact damage
-grounded Phiptelysts can breath out plasma in a cone from their mouths, dealing radiation damage per second to Tenno caught in the zone
-grounded Phiptelysts can also burrow through the earth to cover large distances quickly, usually to chase down players trying to escape
-grounded Phiptelysts have a tail-whip strike that cannot be dodged unless the player rolls. This move is fast and has decent tracking, mostly meant to knock players down if they attempt to ride away on their K-Drive or Archwing (archwing roll maneuvers can be used to dodge the Phiptelyst tail whip)

What do you guys think of the latest Sentient enemy installment? Sounds too easy to take down? Too hard? Let me know! And don't forget to check out @lukinu_u's other artwork- he's also a fantastic Tennogen artist!

I’ve posted earlier about getting special “Orokin” standing for getting goods, mods, etc. from syndicates on Tau, even those you’re not part of, which Jado didn’t really like. I’ve now got some things pinned down for what I proposed earlier, with some refinements:

1. The reason that the factions are willing to work together with each other in the face of the Sentient is simply that of a common foe. However, this doesn’t mean that they are now allied with formerly opposing factions. This translates into having to pay 25% more points for those factions that are not your own, but are allied with your own, but you have to pay 50% more points for factions opposed to yours (0% for those of Steel Meridian, 25% more for Red Veil, 50% more points for The Perrin Sequence, for example).

2. It won’t matter if you wear your faction’s emblem or not, or collect standing medals for them or for others, you can only get half as much “Orokin faction” points for doing quests on Tau than you would elsewhere.

3. While the faction offerings that were already there are also available on Tau, those that are ONLY available on Tau (a.k.a. On this thread) are NOT available elsewhere. What was here is there, but what is there is not here.

I hope this is better than what I put down before.

I just got done watching some videos about deadly melee weapons that we are glad are illegal, then thought “If they are illegal in real life, maybe they were also illegal in Warframe’s universe until The New War starts due to ‘regulations’ (yeah right, grineer didn’t want civilians to get weapons that could kill them).” 

These are the weapons that were in the video I was watching but aren’t already in Warframe, including a pistol that would fit in nicely.

Gazow

Weapon type: secondary

disadvantages: one shot, long reload, and you can’t run and gun with it.

advantages: scoped, high damage, innate punch through, and the sound it makes was often the last thing enemies heard before departing this life, and thus it was used to name the pistol: *GAZOW!*

—-

Nine-section-whip-chain

Weapon type: melee

Description: an ancient Orokin weapon is resurrected for the New War.

—-

Karambit knife

description: short, curved bladed dagger (more so than others already in there)

—-

gotta stop here, but I’ll be back after some more “research”.

Good Afternoon everyone i hope everyone is having a great day. 

I have ben lurking on the forums and saw some ideas that when combined could make a nice addition to Tau. 

So I was thinking of new weapons called Mythic Weapons could work. Not only are they powerful but they also evolve(Evolvable Weapons was created by someone else.) 

1.) What are Mythic Weapons?

Mythic Weapons are lost weapons that were made to finally wipeout the sentients using sentient parts. However the Orokin Empire fell before they could be put to use. Over the centuries their power have dwindled and must be restored

2.) How to acquire?

Well I was thinking the actually base blueprint should be obtained from a special vendor, a descendent of the orokin scientist who played a part in the weapons creation who wants the to aid the tenno. You acquire standing with this Vendor by killing sentients in Tau. You then buy the Unrestored weapon. (I was thinking the starting stats of the weapon shouldnt be anything special).

I know DE has to make money so the base weapon is purchasble with plat. But you cant buy higher tiered versions of it.

3.) How to evolve?

So this Restoration system is a combination of the Kingbin System, Artifact Restoration system from Neverwinter. 

By killing high ranking Sentients you acquire a variant core. Each time you kill a the target sentient it becomes more powerful(Health, AI intelligence, Attack Variation, Immunity, Ability Suppression, etc). This is to prevent a vet from cheesing this system by killing the Sentient at the same diffuculty. 

To give a clear representation, I shall now write a scenario. 

I farmed enough standing to buy the Foxfire Pistol. I then use the Kingpin system to track and kill Rathius, the Fox King(Alpha Lupulyst Variant). Each kill drops a Rathius Core. You then proceed to use the cores to restore/upgrade the Foxfire Pistol

4.) Tiers

So their are 5 tiers(0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 stars/ or I could make up names for the tier.)

Universally each Weapon require the same number cores to upgrade.

Subject to Change

0 to 1 = 3 cores

1 to 2 = 5 cores

3 to 4 = 8 cores

4 to 5 = 11 cores

Tiers 1 - 3 only does stat increase

Tiers 4 - 5 increases stats and and gains a ability the target sentient has. Also from tier 4 - 5 the strength of the ability increases.

Tier 5 gains a specific visual aura surrounding it.

5.) Aesthetic/ Appearence

Each physical weapon has features similiar to the the Target Sentient. 

I love the weapon designs of Warframe but i imagined these weapons looking similiar to something like The Whisper of the Worm sniper from Destiny 2. 

Also for each upgrade, improves the Appearence of the weapon like the Evolvable Skins from Fortnite.

@Almighty_Jado I dont know if this idea could work in this concept but i hope it could add a cool task for Veterans to perform. Higher Tier players could finally have something show off.

Note: I am open to constructive criticism, i consider myself a very open minded person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

snip!

An interesting idea, to be sure. I'll probably keep this in my back pocket for now and revisit it once the bounty system is completed (which I probably will start on once I'm finished on the Syndicate primaries).

The idea of a weapon that you have to upgrade by completing in game objectives is definitely a neat concept!

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

An interesting idea, to be sure. I'll probably keep this in my back pocket for now and revisit it once the bounty system is completed (which I probably will start on once I'm finished on the Syndicate primaries).

The idea of a weapon that you have to upgrade by completing in game objectives is definitely a neat concept!

I’ve seen it before in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. Certain epic and legendary weapons had the potential to become more powerful, but to unlock it, you have to wield that weapon/wear that armor while completing the task. Then you spend some mirian (in-game, not P2W, currency) to complete the reforging.  

6 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

How are those coming along Mr. Jado by-the-by? One of my artistic associates is currently working on bringing one of mine to digital nuts and bolts, but, I'd like to hear how progress is currently going for your own.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

How are those coming along Mr. Jado by-the-by? One of my artistic associates is currently working on bringing one of mine to digital nuts and bolts, but, I'd like to hear how progress is currently going for your own.

I got the Perrin Sequence’s Primary cooling on the countertop as we speak. Assuming I’m not lazy, it’ll be done today

8 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I got the Perrin Sequence’s Primary cooling on the countertop as we speak. Assuming I’m not lazy, it’ll be done today

Splendid suh! One step closer to finishing off the full set!

(Also, congrats on reaching the big 20 in your following count suh! Only a matter a time till ya pound me into dust qualitywise.)

The next Syndicate weapon is here! Introducing a sick new rifle available from the Perrin Sequence! Its original design was created by @(PS4)TwistedInstincts and can be found here! I will admit it's pretty different from the original design, but that's also because in my humble opinion the original design looked a little out of place in the Warframe design languages- I made the rifle boxier and less sleek, reminiscent of all the Corpus' other designs. The name of the weapon was voted on by some of my Discord friends, as an acronym based name (E.M.P.O.W.R.) also felt out of place. Nevertheless, the weapon's original mechanics have remained largely intact besides some minor stat adjustments! Enjoy!

TRISTA
Trista by AlmightyJado

Info:
This versatile marksman rifle manufactured by the Perrin Sequence combines both the flexibility of a semi automatic rifle with the deadly stopping power of a lethal railgun. Primary fire projects laser beams that damage and amplify themselves on headshots while the secondary fire devastates a single target with a strong projectile.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 300 RPM
Accuracy: 30.1
Magazine: 15
Max Ammo: 600
Reload Time: 3.0 seconds
Base Damage: 25 Puncture bPuncture, 5 Impact bImpact, 30 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 60
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Status Chance: 17%
Polarities: Madurai PolVazarin Pol
Special Property: Headshots grant an additional 5% damage, stacking up to 5 times (total of 25% additive damage bonus). Stacks fall off one at a time every 6 seconds (headshots while at max stacks refreshes timer). If all shots in the magazine are headshots, the rifle reloads instantly.
Alternate Fire: Draw power from all remaining batteries inside the Trista's magazine to charge up the weapon's rail pulse launcher, firing out a projectile based shot that deals high damage. Alternate fire gains bonus damage equal to 70% of the percentage of the magazine still left (100% of the magazine grants 70% bonus damage, 50% of the magazine grants 35%, etc) and also applies the Primary Fire's special property.
Trigger Type: Charge
Flight Speed: 100 m/s
Charge Time: 1.80 seconds
Base Damage: 75 Puncture bPuncture, 80 Impact bImpact, 10 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 165
Crit Chance: 30%
Status Chance: 20%

The Trista is available from Perrin Sequence on Tau for ReputationBlackx64132,000

Let me know what you guys think of this weapon! I did try really hard to capture the Corpus aesthetic while maintaining some of Twisted's original visual ideas. Additionally, I tried to rebalance the mechanics slightly to make it a little more friendly to use while maintaining the big reward for highly skilled players.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

On 2018-08-09 at 8:27 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

The next Syndicate weapon is here! Introducing a sick new rifle available from the Perrin Sequence! Its original design was created by @(PS4)TwistedInstincts and can be found here! I will admit it's pretty different from the original design, but that's also because in my humble opinion the original design looked a little out of place in the Warframe design languages- I made the rifle boxier and less sleek, reminiscent of all the Corpus' other designs. The name of the weapon was voted on by some of my Discord friends, as an acronym based name (E.M.P.O.W.R.) also felt out of place. Nevertheless, the weapon's original mechanics have remained largely intact besides some minor stat adjustments! Enjoy!

TRISTA
Trista by AlmightyJado

Info:
This versatile marksman rifle manufactured by the Perrin Sequence combines both the flexibility of a semi automatic rifle with the deadly stopping power of a lethal railgun. Primary fire projects laser beams that damage and amplify themselves on headshots while the secondary fire devastates a single target with a strong projectile.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 300 RPM
Magazine: 15
Max Ammo: 600
Reload Time: 3.0 seconds
Base Damage: 25 Puncture bPuncture, 5 Impact bImpact, 30 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 60
Crit Chance: 20%
Status Chance: 17%
Polarities: Madurai PolVazarin Pol
Special Property: Headshots grant an additional 5% damage, stacking up to 5 times (total of 25% additive damage bonus). Stacks fall off one at a time every 6 seconds (headshots while at max stacks refreshes timer). If all shots in the magazine are headshots, the rifle reloads instantly.
Alternate Fire: Draw power from all remaining batteries inside the Trista's magazine to charge up the weapon's rail pulse launcher, firing out a projectile based shot that deals high damage. Alternate fire gains bonus damage equal to 70% of the percentage of the magazine still left (100% of the magazine grants 70% bonus damage, 50% of the magazine grants 35%, etc) and also applies the Primary Fire's special property.
Trigger Type: Charge
Flight Speed: 100 m/s
Charge Time: 1.80 seconds
Base Damage: 75 Puncture bPuncture, 80 Impact bImpact, 10 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 165
Crit Chance: 30%
Status Chance: 20%

The Trista is available from Perrin Sequence on Tau for ReputationBlackx64132,000

Let me know what you guys think of this weapon! I did try really hard to capture the Corpus aesthetic while maintaining some of Twisted's original visual ideas. Additionally, I tried to rebalance the mechanics slightly to make it a little more friendly to use while maintaining the big reward for highly skilled players.

AH, definitely no comparison between thisun and my Fermat rifle. Syndicated joy through diversity!

Gotta ask though, did Mr. Instinct consent to having his creation Legionified?

Hm, part of me thinks that it might have to many special attributes all in one weapon, but, as always, that's my own opinion from years of Pitwerk, not Tauwerk.

Apart from previous concerns, statistically speaking, the weapon appears to remain within established Warframe Weapon parameters. Not to shabby in the stats work.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, definitely no comparison between thisun and my Fermat rifle. Syndicated joy through diversity!

Gotta ask though, did Mr. Instinct consent to having his creation Legionified?

Hm, part of me thinks that it might have to many special attributes all in one weapon, but, as always, that's my own opinion from years of Pitwerk, not Tauwerk.

Apart from previous concerns, statistically speaking, the weapon appears to remain within established Warframe Weapon parameters. Not to shabby in the stats work.

If you’ve been paying attention, you’d have seen Mr. Instinct “donated” his weapon idea to this concept collection :clem:

As for all the special attributes, I do realize in paper it looks quite complicated, but it essentially boils down to:

-semi auto gun with a javlok style secondary fire

-headshots gib moar damages

-even more headshots grant infinite ammo (more or less)

I probably could’ve worded it more concisely, but I more or less copied and slightly modified TwistedInstinct’s descriptions

3 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

The new weapons are really comimg along

Thanks for your continued patronage 🙂

12 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

No prob. I have been researching different games for inspiration to possibly add to this idea. I hope DE pays attention to this idea its really well throught out.

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

20 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

If you’ve been paying attention, you’d have seen Mr. Instinct “donated” his weapon idea to this concept collection :clem:

As for all the special attributes, I do realize in paper it looks quite complicated, but it essentially boils down to:

-semi auto gun with a javlok style secondary fire

-headshots gib moar damages

-even more headshots grant infinite ammo (more or less)

I probably could’ve worded it more concisely, but I more or less copied and slightly modified TwistedInstinct’s descriptions

I've mostly been concentrating on your releases in order to review them in as a professionally unprofessional as humanly possible, so, if this has been something that I've missed in the past, as always, my mistake.

Hm. . . as I said before, it just seems. . . I don't know, overinflated in the specials department. Having one bonus or the other makes sense in my eyes, but, both piled onto each other just seems like overkill in my tiny book. Again, I am not the end-all-be-all authority on concept creation, just giving my two cents on the reviewed concept in question, as I do for all folks who desire their concepts to be seen by the world.

On 2018-08-14 at 5:26 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

New Sentient enemy on the way. I’ll admit I took a small break from Sentient and weapon artwork to draw a DOOM-inspired piece involving Nidus vs a horde of Infested. Sorry for the hiatus (for anyone who cares)

Take your time sir. From my experience, if you just worked on one kinda concept for to long, you tend to burn out something fierce.

Alright alright! Our latest Sentient enemy(?) now joins the Legion of Tau! Based on more concept art from the highly skilled @rabbitsandroses, this new Sentient unit behaves more like a speedy pinata than an actual threat!
Hope you guys find him interesting (and maybe even a little cute?)! The last Syndicate Weapon is up next; New Loka time!

SENTIENT JEKELYST
Jekelyst Final by AlmightyJado

Info:
The Jekelyst is a small, elusive and fast Sentient that giddily hops around the Open Zone without a care in the world. They act as messangers and drones for larger Sentients, collecting and transporting information in regards to the synthetic environmental systems the residents of Tau have instated.
Gameplay:
-Jekelysts move and behave similarly to rabbits- or even Kuakas on the Plains of Eidolon. They move around slowly and idly until alerted to player presence.
-upon being alerted, a Jekelyst will begin to hop away from players as fast as they can
-if Jekelysts begin to take too much damage, they can phase shift into a ghostly form for a few seconds, gaining the ability to glide across the ground at a high speed
-Jekelysts have a chance to claw at nearby players if they get cornered or if a player remains nearby it for long enough. Players that get clawed are staggered momentarily and receive a Puncture proc, as well as light damage
-Jekelysts cannot adapt to damage types, but can adapt to debuff-based Warframe abilities at a high rate: each subsequent use decreases duration of abilities by 40% linearly down to 5%
-Jekelysts cannot be scanned by Synthesis scanners or Codex scanners
-once successfully killed, Jekelysts will drop a large payload of resources, including Orokin Cells, Demonite, Shatterite, Tellurium, Fell Argon, and Sentient Cores. Additionally, Jekelysts have a low chance to drop Sentient Zaw grips
-skilled players can shoot off the limbs of the Jekelyst by aiming at their 4 glowing Synovias. Destroying a Synovia decreases the Jekelyst's hopping speed by 25% each. Once all of the Jekelyst's limbs have been shot off, it crumbles to the ground, immobilized.
-once immobilized, the Jekelyst drops an even greater amount of resources, and has a higher chance to drop Sentient Zaw grips. Additionally, players may scan immobilized Jekelysts to not only add the unit to their Codex, but also unlock an 'Envirodata Fragment', which will essentially be the lore entries for the Legion of Tau. Envirodata Fragments will reveal the story of what the Sentients have been doing, as well as lore information pertaining to the environment and other structures on Tau.
-only one Jekelyst may be alive at once in the entire Open Zone. Once that Jekelyst has been killed, there is a 1% chance every 5 minutes for a new Jekelyst to respawn somewhere in the Open Zone.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Alright alright! Our latest Sentient enemy(?) now joins the Legion of Tau! Based on more concept art from the highly skilled @rabbitsandroses, this new Sentient unit behaves more like a speedy pinata than an actual threat!
Hope you guys find him interesting (and maybe even a little cute?)! The last Syndicate Weapon is up next; New Loka time!

SENTIENT JEKELYST

Info:
The Jekelyst is a small, elusive and fast Sentient that giddily hops around the Open Zone without a care in the world. They act as messangers and drones for larger Sentients, collecting and transporting information in regards to the synthetic environmental systems the residents of Tau have instated.
Gameplay:
-Jekelysts move and behave similarly to rabbits- or even Kuakas on the Plains of Eidolon. They move around slowly and idly until alerted to player presence.
-upon being alerted, a Jekelyst will begin to hop away from players as fast as they can
-if Jekelysts begin to take too much damage, they can phase shift into a ghostly form for a few seconds, gaining the ability to glide across the ground at a high speed
-Jekelysts have a chance to claw at nearby players if they get cornered or if a player remains nearby it for long enough. Players that get clawed are staggered momentarily and receive a Puncture proc, as well as light damage
-Jekelysts cannot adapt to damage types, but can adapt to debuff-based Warframe abilities at a high rate: each subsequent use decreases duration of abilities by 40% linearly down to 5%
-once successfully killed, Jekelysts will drop a large payload of resources, including Orokin Cells, Demonite, Shatterite, Tellurium, Fell Argon, and Sentient Cores. Additionally, Jekelysts have a low chance to drop Sentient Zaw grips
-skilled players can shoot off the limbs of the Jekelyst by aiming at their 4 glowing Synovias. Destroying a Synovia decreases the Jekelyst's hopping speed by 25% each. Once all of the Jekelyst's limbs have been shot off, it crumbles to the ground, immobilized.
-once immobilized, the Jekelyst drops an even greater amount of resources, and has a higher chance to drop Sentient Zaw grips. Additionally, players may scan immobilized Jekelysts to not only add the unit to their Codex, but also unlock an 'Envirodata Fragment', which will essentially be the lore entries for the Legion of Tau. Envirodata Fragments will reveal the story of what the Sentients have been doing, as well as lore information pertaining to the environment and other structures on Tau.
-only one Jekelyst may be alive at once in the entire Open Zone. Once that Jekelyst has been killed, there is a 1% chance every 5 minutes for a new Jekelyst to respawn somewhere in the Open Zone.

Just when you think you’ve seen it all...

15 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

SENTIENT JEKELYST

Info:
Gameplay:

OH! I always thought that you made every part of your Legionary set yourself Mr. Jado, I had NO  youridea  was even more of a collaborative effort then just your Discord! Huh, I'll have to see if I can speak with Mr./Ms. Roses at some point, see if they find any of my designs interesting in any way, shape, or form.

Revelations aside, I like this little piece Mr. Jado. Gives a unique bit of flavor to Tau and distances itself from the other open worlds through it's story acquisition style. Only concern is just how many of these valuable resources the critters spill out, lest they be an economic terror that causes"Jekelyst Hunting parties" to form up like Eidolon Raiders for the Plains.

Hm. . . wonder if the little buggers could get armed escorts on consecutive trips through the Tau Zone as Jeks are wiped out, something unique or others of your brood.

Edited by Unus

5 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . wonder if the little buggers could get armed escorts on consecutive trips through the Tau Zone as Jeks are wiped out, something unique or others of your brood.

Maybe an alarm of sorts? So that when it is attacked it will try to ask for help from nearby Sentients? It would make sense for it to be guarded in some way.

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Maybe an alarm of sorts? So that when it is attacked it will try to ask for help from nearby Sentients? It would make sense for it to be guarded in some way.

Ah, perhaps as it dashes by them it could "recruit" wandering Sentients or it could have a "radial call" that increases in range with every previously dead Jak there's been in the current instance? Rabbits have been notoriously known to make horrendously loud and horrifying noises prior to death.