Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

Sorry guys, still nothing substantial to show yet! I understand lately I've had a whole bunch bunch of "coming soon!" and not a lot of "tadaa!", so here's some proof that I do have a bunch of stuff in the hole!
These are a bunch of obscure, square croppings of new stuff coming up. Again, sorry for not showing anything more, but that would ruin the surprise!
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Hang in there, everyone!

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Sorry guys, still nothing substantial to show yet! I understand lately I've had a whole bunch bunch of "coming soon!" and not a lot of "tadaa!", so here's some proof that I do have a bunch of stuff in the hole!
These are a bunch of obscure, square croppings of new stuff coming up. Again, sorry for not showing anything more, but that would ruin the surprise!
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Hang in there, everyone!

It's totally fine suh! According to the way the algorithm functions out here, you have at least 6 days of inactivity between each posting before your thread strand has a chance of being marked for locking. Don't need to torture yourself trying to toss content confetti as much as possible.

Good news! At long last, I've finished all the artwork for the upcoming update for the Legion of Tau. All that's left is the writing portion. This is going to be pretty interesting, because this new batch of content will actually be including a brand new QUEST, among other things;

-new weapons!
-new Warframe!
-new... companions?

Stay tuned!

Erebospromo2.png

58 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Good news! At long last, I've finished all the artwork for the upcoming update for the Legion of Tau. All that's left is the writing portion. This is going to be pretty interesting, because this new batch of content will actually be including a brand new QUEST, among other things;

-new weapons!
-new Warframe!
-new... companions?

Stay tuned!

Erebospromo2.png

Erebos YEAAAAAAAAAAH

7 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

-new weapons!
-new Warframe!
-new... companions?

Stay tuned!

Erebospromo2.png

I'll keep my eyes peeled suh! Even arms deep in the Void Creeper and probeing Mr. Wolf's work, I still have an eye on you fellas!

I just thought of something. What if there was a Sentient related to the jekalyst, but were more like the “snapalope” from old Slim Jim commercials.

In case you’re wondering what I was talking about, it’s this commercial from 2006:

Edited by Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3
Inserted info

It's finally here! The LEGION OF TAU 4.0 update! Featuring a massive list of new content which I'll break down for you:

NEW WARFRAME: EREBOS
Erebos_Reference_Final.png
Erebos is an entirely new Warframe, and being such a complex topic, I've created a new thread for feedback specific to him:

NEW WEAPONS:
Erebos arrives with two of his very own weapons, the Cultivox and Shadorai!

On 2018-04-07 at 1:38 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

SHADORAI

Shadorai.png

Info:
Lead the charge against the enemy with this massive, heavy scythe.
Stats:
MR: 16
Slot: Melee
Type: Scythe
Attack Speed: 0.6
Channeling Damage: 1.5x
Block Resist: 50%
Base Damage: 200 Impact b, 100 Slash b
Total Damage: 300
Crit Chance: 22%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 25%
Polarities: Naramon Pol
Stance Polarity: Naramon Pol

The Shadorai's blueprint can be bought in the market.

CULTIVOX

Cultivox.png

Info:
No matter how thick the enemy's armour, it will never be a match for Erebos' signature rifle.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 325 RPM
Accuracy: 45.0
Magazine: 10
Max Ammo: 600
Reload Time: 1.9 seconds
Base Damage: 60 Puncture bPuncture,  24Impact bImpact, 16 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 100
Crit Chance: 28%
Crit Multiplier: 2.7x
Status Chance: 20%
Polarities: Madurai Pol
Special Property: Every bullet reduces enemy armour by 2%.

The Cultivox will be ClanTech, researchable in the Tenno Lab.

NEW VEHICLES: VARAKIRA WARHORSES!
From an ancient time of Tenno Warframe, the Varakira were deadly, loyal and powerful steeds ridden into battle. Revitalize your very own with a proprietary modular system for maximum customization! Huge shoutout to @Blood_Strider for the original designs!

Varakira are a new type of vehicle available for use in any Open Zone, including the Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon, etc. Varakira are modular steeds built for combat- slower than K-Drives and Archwings, but designed for heavier combat.
Varakira are summoned via a gear item called the VARKIRA VOID GATE, which summons your Varakira into combat using a miniaturized Torsion Beam device. The Varakira Void Gate is obtained by completing the SHADOW OF EREBOS quest on Tau.
Varakira are modular, but assembled entirely within your own ship. Once the player has finished the Shadow of Erebos, they will be able to see new Varakira related Clan Tech in their dojo's labs. These parts must be researched first, then the player may replicate blueprints for parts they want and build them.
There are 3 components for Varakira. The first being the SHELL. Shells have no gameplay influence other than the external appearance and visual effects related to the Varakira. Next are CORES. Cores are like the Varakira's 'engines'. They grant the Varakira a unique passive with special gameplay interactions. The Cores also act as the part of the Varakira tied to Mastery. Lastly, there are MUSCLES. Muscles are what the Varakira uses to draw their stats from. Each type of muscle has different negative and positive impacts on the Varakira's final stats. In order to build a Varakira, players must replicate the blueprint for a Shell, and then build it using a Core and Two Muscles of their choosing in their foundry.
Once built, Varakira appear in the Vehicles tab of the arsenal. Varakira come with only 6 mod slots and accept Orokin Reactors to double mod capacity. Varakira can also be forma'd. Mods for Varakira can be obtained from Tau bounties, enemy drops and more. To note: Varakira can be levelled up by killing enemies while mounted. Varakira's stats do NOT change as they level, instead only granting mod space.
Varakira can also be named and have fully customizable colours.

Gameplay:
Varakira all come with the same base stats before taking the stats from Muscles into effect:
Health: 500
Shields: 200
Armour: 400
Trot Speed: 15.00
Gallop Speed: 19.50
Jump Height: 2.00
Once summoned with the Varakira Void Gate, players can mount their Varakira by approaching it and using the INTERACT key. Alternatively, if players press the INTERACT key immediately after using their Void Gate, they will mount their Varakira instantly.
Pressing the JUMP key will cause the Varakira to jump. Jump height is increased by 10% if the Varakira is Galloping. Players can urge their Varakira into a Gallop by using the SPRINT key. Lastly, players can activate their Varakira's Overdrive mode by pressing the CROUCH key. While in Overdrive, the Varakira's base Jump Height and Gallop Speeds are increased by 20%, and also gains total damage invulnerability. Overdrive lasts for 10 seconds and takes 40 seconds to recharge before activating again.
While mounted on a Varakira, players have complete access to their primary, secondary and melee weapons. Additionally, if the Warframe they are using has 1-handed actions, they can be used while mounted.
Melee attacks while mounted are 50% slower and have unique animations, but deal 300% bonus damage in a 10 meter radius shockwave. Charge attacks from all melee weapons are allowed, but melee combos are disabled.
Players may dismount their Varakira by using the INTERACT key. Dismounting mid jump will cause the player to be launched higher into the air.

Components:

Hide contents

SHELLS:

Hide contents

Slein
Slein.png
A majestic steed for a fierce warrior. Ride into battle with this proud and loyal beast.

Ruemeltor
Ruemeltor.png
Spewing smoke and flame, this intimidating battle-mount has been augmented with Grineer Technology to weather the harshest battlefields.
NOTE: While Galloping, the four flamestacks mounted on its rump emit fire matching the energy colour.

Deedsarus
Deedsarus.png
Charge into combat and avenge the fallen with Erebos' signature Varakira. Shroud the battlefield with its fountain of darkness.
NOTE: While galloping, leave a trail of cloud-like, smoky shadows.

Vindicator
Vindicator.png
Explore and conquer the unknown with this mystifying steed.
NOTE: While in Overdrive, gains a suit of energy armour covering its limbs, head and torso.

CORES & MUSCLES:

Hide contents

Horse_Components.png
CORES (Left Column):
Sleiptor
A standard, simple central organ that facilitates healing while increasing power delivered to hind legs.
Decreases the speed of descent while airborne by 50%. Also allows the Varakira to heal 1% of its maximum health every second, and regenerate shields twice as fast.
Kruul Gath
A Grineer-made Varakira component that causes highly-explosive fuel to accumulate before being discharged.
Activating Overdrive deals 1000 Blast Damage in a 20 meter radius. While in Overdrive, a trail of flames dealing 500 Heat damage per second is left in its tracks. Trail of fire persists for 15 seconds.
Astracysk
Combining Sentient bone with Tenno capacitors resulted in this powerful shield-emitting device.
Upon reaching 50% health, the Varakira will generate a 5 meter radius shield that pushes enemies away while blocking all enemy projectiles. The shield lasts for 20 seconds, but takes 60 seconds to recharge. If the Varakira heals to full health, the remaining shield cooldown is reduced by 50%.
Sisiphor
Tenno Orbiter Technology compressed into a small Varakira organ.
Upon exiting Overdrive, the Varakira gain 15 seconds of invisibility.

MUSCLES (RIght Column):
Pegatrix
Simple, easy to replicate organic muscle fibers. Allows for greater durability and physical performance with minor negative impact against shields.
+20% Health
+5% Gallop Speed
+5% Jump Height
-10% Shields
Hyathil
Streamlined muscles with built-in lactic acid drain. Increases Varakira's ability to run while regenerating shields with stored kinetic energy, but reduces durability.
+10% Gallop Speed
+20% Shields
+5% Jump Height
-10% Armour
Thoron
Bulky, high-performance flesh fully enclosed in a thick, Ferrite casing. Greatly increases durability at a cost to performance.
+30% Health
+30% Armour
-5% Jump Height
-5% Gallop Speed
Diomede
Rampant infestation growths combined with basic Varakira gene sequences allowed for these viscious, tireless muscle fibers to form. The greatest boost to movement while at a cost to the Varakira's wellbeing.
+20% Movement Speed
+10% Jump Height
-10% Health
-20% Shields

And of course, new mods to come with a new system:

Graze.pngRally_Mount.pngVaquero.pngStriking_Raven.pngStampede.pngSpring_Joints.pngMighty_Durability.pngKinetic_Barrier.pngIron_Steed.pngDestiny_Rider.pngNeverending_Ride.pngRunner.pngStrider.png

Extended Details:

Hide contents

Vazarin PolGraze: After your Varakira comes to a standstill and doesn't take any damage for 5 seconds, it will begin to heal 1/2/3/4/5/6 health every second. This health regen persists 6/8/10/12/14/16 seconds after you begin moving or take damage.
Naramon PolRally Mount: While on your Varakira, you grant all of your allies not riding a Varakira or piloting an Archwing within 15/16/17/18/19/20m a 60/70/80/90/100% damage boost to their abilities and weapons' damage. This bonus increases to 200/220/240/260/280/300% over 10 seconds, as long as the allies stay within range.
Madurai PolVaquero: Headshot kills while riding your Varakira grants your Primary and Secondary weapon a 65/70/75/80/85/90% increase to crit multiplier, and 70/80/90/100/110/120% increase to crit chance. Bonus lasts for 4 seconds, and headshot kills will refresh the duration.
Zenurik PolStriking Raven: After 11/10/9/8/7/6 seconds of Galloping, the next melee attack you perform will cause the Varakira to charge forward 8m, dealing 100% of your melee weapon's damage to all enemies hit.
Madurai PolStampede: After not shooting or swinging a melee weapon for 10 seconds, your next melee attack will deal 100/120/140/160/180/200% damage and will guarantee application of Status Effects.
Naramon PolSpring Joints: Increases Jump Height by 45/50/55/60/65/70%
Vazarin PolMighty Durability: Increases maximum health by 100/110/120/130/140/150%
Vazarin PolKinetic Barrier: Increases Shield Capacity by 100/120/140/160/180/200%
Vazarin PolIron Steed: Increases Armour by 100/110/120/130/140/150%
Vazarin PolDestiny Rider: While Galloping, your Varakira gains 60/63/66/69/72/75% damage reduction.
Naramon PolNeverending Ride: While Galloping, your Varakira's Gallop Speed accelerates by 30/34/38/42/46/50% over 6 seconds.
Zenurik PolRunner: While on your Varakira, you will cause all enemies within 11/13/16/19/22/25m to receive a 35% decrease in their weapon accuracy every time you kill an enemy with your melee. Debuff is permanent but doesn't stack.
Madurai PolStrider: While on your Varakira, you will gain a 35/40/45/50/55/60% damage bonus to your Primary weapon when you kill enemies with it. This stacks 3 times for a total bonus of 105/120/135/150/165/180%. Buff duration is 7 seconds and can be refreshed by achieving more kills with your Primary.

There's also Erebos' Quest, the namesake of this very update (warning, wall of text!):

QUEST- THE SHADOW OF EREBOS

Hide contents

The Shadow of Erebos quest can be begun by selecting a dialogue option from Komo at the bounty kiosk after completing 1 Tau bounty.

Dialogue Option: “Any special operations?”

Komo: “Not at the moment, Tenno. We just need you to get back on the field, asap. Those blasted robots never tire, so we can’t ever stop pushing back.
...okay, maybe there’s something a little bit interesting to me that you could take a quick look at. Scanners indicate something incredibly bizarre in a cavern just South of us. It appears to be… Orokin. Yeah, that’s right! Not Sentient, but Orokin architectures! I tell you what, get out there and quickly check out what it is- but hurry, we need you back on the front lines as soon as possible.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Investigate the Orokin Ruins

The player is directed to the teleport pad and dropped into the open zone, where a waypoint marks the cavern South of the hub.
Once players enter the cavern, the next part of the quest activates.

Komo: “What the hell… I can’t believe it. That’s real Orokin structural design right there! Tenno, I’m sure even you can’t doubt this thing. Venture further, I want to figure out exactly what this is!”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Explore the Orokin Structure
The player is prompted to wander the cavern and inspect the ruins for clues. Eventually, players will find a hole in the Orokin ruins and enter it, revealing the interior of what appears to be an Orokin gunship.

Komo: “No way. A real Aethon- an Orokin Gunship from the Old War. This must have crash landed here during the Orokin’s attempted invasion of the Sentient homeworld. Take a look around, Tenno. There might be something interesting.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Hunt for Treasure Inside the Aethon
The player is prompted to explore the interior of the vessel. Eventually, they would stumble across a rusty, corroded vitruvian sitting on an empty seat in the ship’s midsection.

Komo: “A vitruvian, huh? I’ve heard of them… but something tells me you’ve seen one of these yourself, before. Well, take it with you. Bring it home and let’s see if there’s anything interesting.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Return to the Hub World
The player must extract and return to the Hub World for the next part of the quest to begin.

Komo: “Safe and sound, hey? Okay, let’s crack that thing open and take a peek… wonder what it could be?”

Ordis: “Operator! Is that… is that what I think it is? Please, do not bring it back to the Orbiter… last time-”

Komo: “Be quiet you pile of datum! Tenno, first let’s see if we can access its contents without the help of a Cephalon.”

The player’s screen is then transformed into a black and blue (as opposed to black and gold) vitruvian style screen, displaying the image of the Aethon’s blueprint.

Dax Vitruvian: “MAYDAY! MAYDAY! This is Aethon Penjaga- Forty- Three, we’ve been hit on the broadside by Worm Ship cannons! We’re going down! *engine sounds, alarms and explosion sounds drown everything out*”

The player returns to normal vision.

Komo: “It’s… it’s acting as some kind of black box! It must have a whole bunch of information recorded from the Old War on it. Maybe tactics, technology… who knows? Tenno, we must look into the other entries!”

Ordis: “As long as it doesn’t involve the Operator revoking my access to my vestigial precepts, I’d be more than happy to help.”

Komo: “Good, we’re going to need it. (Whisper): between you and me, Tenno, I despise Cephalons. Let’s hope we won’t actually need his help, okay?”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Return to the Aethon
The player is directed to come back to the Aethon and hunt for more clues.

Komo: “Tenno, we can’t access the rest of the vitruvian’s entries unless we find out the codes. I’m sure if you look around inside the ship, you’ll be able to find something helpful.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Find a way to Access the Vitruvian’s Other Entries
The player is once again allowed to explore the ruins of the Aethon, this time searching until they find the back most part of the ship (originally closed off during the first part of the mission). The back room has two Dax soldiers’ skeletons, still in their zero-tech armour, laying on the ground. On the wall are two symbols carved into the ship’s wall, an old, chipped Dragon Nikana embedded at the bottom of the symbols.

Ordis: “Operator- those symbols! They match the vitruvian’s locks. We’ll be able to access the next two entries with those!”

Komo: “That’s great, but we have some slightly pressing matters… radar shows a Sentient convoy directly overhead. Looks like they’re marching towards us. Tenno, take them out!”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Defeat the Sentient Convoy
The player is directed to attack and kill a small group of Sentient enemies waiting on the surface, above the Aethon’s cavernous resting place. Once defeated, the player is directed to return to the Hub.

Komo: “Thanks, Tenno. Every little bit helps. Now, let’s get back to the interesting things.”

Once the player returns to the hub world, the second vitruvian entry opens up, this time displaying a squad of Dax soldiers.

Dax Vitruvian: “If anyone is out there… we need extraction. We’ve crash landed on Tau Ceti F, and we’ve been fortunate enough to survive impact with minor injuries. We still have our full squad, and the Sentients haven’t detected our presence yet. Seems like they’re focused on the battle in orbit. Hmf. Not much of a battle… they knew, somehow. They were prepared. The moment our first frigates came out of the punch, they were decimated in mere seconds. There’s no technology in the Origin System with that kind of firepower… but these forsaken machines have access to that kind of might, somehow.
Our Aethon is currently hidden. We crashed into a weak point on the planet’s surface, and now our wreckage is buried, so we have that going for us. *sighs*
We have no rations at all, and barely any weapons. We’re voiddamn pilot and gunner Dax, not ground combatants! Please… high command… Tenno… anyone listening, get us out of here.”

The vitruvian disappears and player vision returns.

Komo: “That’s the beginning of a sad story, one hundred percent. I suppose they were pretty safe, considering the Sentients didn’t appear to begin terraforming this planet until very recently. Surface activity was probably low enough for them to explore and survive for a while. Take a look at the next entry, would you? I’m intrigued.”

Dax Vitruvian: “Error. Script chip missing.”

The vitruvian’s screen flashes red before disappearing.

Komo: “...what?”

Ordis: “It appears that despite having access to that vitruvian entry, we don’t have the actual data that comprises it. It might’ve been stored in *A PIECE OOOFFFF SCRAA- bzrep- pppp?* an external memory device… Operator, you should return to the Aethon once again! You might be able to find it and gain access.”

Komo: “Very well. Tenno, you heard the cephalon. Let’s see what happened to those poor warriors.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Return to Aethon
The player is once more guided to the ruined Aethon.

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Find the Memory Chip
The player is once again prompted to search the ruins of the ship. However, as the player explores, they will find an Orokin Death Orb randomly in the middle of the ship.

Komo: “What in the Void’s name is that doing there? That wasn’t there before, was it? No matter… Tenno you’re strong, move that thing, would you?”

As the player approaches the Death Orb, it transforms into a Sentient Mimic.

Komo: “Oh you’ve gotta be kidding! Damn it, Tenno! They know about this place, and about you. Find that chip and get ready for hostiles!”

Fragment Class Sentients begin to enter the cavern from both ends, attempting to kill the player while searching for the memory chip.
Once the player finds the chip, the next part of the Quest is intiated.

Komo: “Cephalon, is that it?”

Ordis: “Yes, now get out of there, Operator!”

Komo: “No, wait! There are likely much larger and powerful Sentient waiting for you outside, on the surface! Deal with these smaller ones before going out.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Hold out Against the Sentient Attackers
The player is instructed to survival a brief onslaught of Fragment Class Sentients. During this time, if the player gets too close to the entryways of the cavern, they will begin receiving heavy damage from random explosions until they back off.
Once the player has defeated all the Sentients, the next part of the Quest initiates.

Komo: “Sentients down, only a few tougher ones remain. Fight your way out of there!”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Defeat the last of the Sentient Attackers
The player is permitted and pointed to the surface, where an Isalyst and Wollolyst boss, accompanied by some Fragment Class Sentients wait. Once defeated, the player is allowed to extract.

Komo: “Nice work, Tenno. You’re a real force to be reckoned with. If only those poor Dax had you around…”

Once the player returns to the Hub World, the third vitruvian entry plays. This time, the screen displays the Open World’s landscape.

Dax Vitruvian: “I can’t help but shake the feeling that something is watching us. Something dark… but comforting. Not the Sentients, but something else. Like a guardian angel. The others think I might be getting delirious. We’ve been here for nearly a week now… no contact with any allied forces. The sky is dark, absent of the explosions of war that had erupted only days before. We lost, didn’t we?
At least we’ve been able to explore outside the cave. There’s no Sentients roaming the surface. Dalah says he saw some things moving on the horizon… but just like the others see me as crazy… well. I don’t know how much longer we can survive on this hellscape. The air is hard to breathe, the winds are harsh, there’s only the smallest amount of vegetation, and it doesn’t look edible at all.
I- wha? Ibril, what is that thing? NO! GET DOWN! *Sentient humming, lasers, and gunshots ring out before the entry is cut off.*”

Komo: “Oh… oh my. That undid them, didn’t it? It wasn’t long before those bloody beings found them and wiped them out, was it? They’re savage. They look so civilized with their structures and technology, but at their core they’re nothing but monsters.”

Ordis: “Perhaps that wasn’t the end of those Orokin soldiers! There’s one last entry, but it’s locked! *PERHAPS IT’S THEIR F-brzzzzp- UNERAL?!* There must be a third glyph somewhere to unlock it.”

Komo: “Excellent! Tenno, return to the-”

Ordis: “Actually, if I may interrupt- there are coordinates hidden behind a couple datastreams within this device. I’ve been picking them up as you’ve listened to the entries, Operator. They make out coordinates, ones that match this planet.”

Komo: “Alright, whatever you say. Tenno, why don’t you head for the coordinates? Find out what in the Void happened to these Dax.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Head to the Vitruvian’s Coordinates
The Tenno is once again led into the open zone, but this time a waypoint is placed at a small cave to the bottom right of the map, just north of the Sentient Bunker’s cave.

Ordis: “I’ve placed a waypoint based on those coordinates, Operator. Be safe.”

Komo: “Try to avoid being spotted, would you, Tenno? If you can avoid drawing attention to yourself, you may be able to investigate this thing more easily.”

Once the players arrive at the cave and enter it, they are met with a peculiar sight: the side of an entire Tenno Orbiter is sticking out of the rocks.

Komo: “This is crazy. A Tenno ship crash landed here as well? I didn’t think that very many even made it into this assault. Well, I’m sure you’re as intrigued as I am, Tenno- search that ship!”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Investigate the Old Orbiter
The Player will find a hole blasted into the side of the Tenno Orbiter, allowing them to jump through and enter the interior of the Orbiter Compartment. The wreckage within disallows the player from travelling up the ramp to the Lander Compartment, or down the back ramp to the Infirmary, Personal Quarters or Somatic Link.

Ordis: “This is strange, isn’t it? It’s very dark, Operator… Ordis wishes he could turn on the lights!”

Komo: “Is everything okay, Tenno? Y-your signal is b- king u-” *static*

The Tenno’s flashlight goes out at this point, leaving them in total darkness. However, in this darkness, another Glyph corresponding to the vitruvian begins to glow in white on the wall. After the player stares at it long enough, it flashes and disappears, and the player’s flashlight comes back.

Komo: “Oh, thank goodness, Tenno! I thought the Sentients found their way past our radar’s failsafes. What happened?”

Ordis: “Operator, you found the last vitruvian glyph!”

Komo: “Well, how about that! That’s great… strange, too, but I’ve seen many a strange thing lately. Maybe the vitruvian will explain the Aethon and Orbiter! RTB, Tenno, and let’s put an end to this mysterious story.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Return to Hub
The player is tasked with returning to the hub world, but as soon as they leave the Orbiter’s cave, a wave of Sentients descend upon the player! Surprise attack!

Komo: “Tenno?! Oh no… TENNO! WEAPONS UP! You got incoming! My Void.... there’s a lot of them.”

QUEST OBJECTIVE: Survive the Sentient Ambush
A large amount of Carrier Class Sentients and Fragment Class Sentients are found to be waiting for the player, and an endless amount of reinforcements continue to converge on the player’s location. If the player attempts to escape the area, they will be knocked backwards with a powerful explosion, keeping them trapped.

Ordis: “Operator, air support is incoming. I’ve had these in storage for a long time… I suppose now is better than ever to use them!”

Ordis drops 3 turrets and 3 healing station air support charges into the area to aid the player. For this specific mission, the Sentry Turret Support Charges reset Sentient Damage Resistance.

Komo: “I’m not going to leave you inside that mess, Tenno! Cephalon, bring me to your operator so I can help him.”

Ordis: “It will be a bumpy ride… airspace is looking rough. With all the *DEATHHH… brrrr…* er, weapon fire.”

Komo: “No man, Tenno or not, left behind!”

The roar of a Tenno ship is heard, and Komo appears as a Tenno operative on the battlefield next to the Tenno.
Komo is equipped with a Latron, and also has the ability to reset Sentient Damage Resistance with every shot he takes.
Komo gains damage reduction the lower health he gets, meaning he cannot be killed.

Komo: “Running out of ammo here, Tenno! There’s so Voiddamn many of them!”

The player must survive 2 minutes of endless Sentient enemies alongside Komo and Ordis’ air support charges. After the two minutes pass, a sudden black cloud roars into view, surrounding the area the player has been confined to.

Komo: “Tenno… what’s… what is that?!”

Out of the cave bursts forth an Erebos specter mounted on a Deedsarus Varakira. He is armed with his Aphotus sword and begins to attack the Sentients alongside the player.

Komo: “It’s… helping us?”

Ordis: “It has a transference signal, Operator! It’s no specter at all, nor is it like the other sentient Warframe we encountered. It’s… it has an Operator! I’ve never seen such a Warframe model before- perhaps it’s an older one?”

Komo: “What in the Void is it riding though?!”

Erebos: “Hhhhh… defend…. Honor….”

The player must survive an additional 1.5 minutes of Sentient attack at this point. Once the time is up, new Sentients stop spawning. Once all the existing Sentient attackers have been defeated, the next part of the quest initiates.

Komo: “Hahaaa! Run away, you dastardly robots!”

Ordis: “Operator? You survived! Both of you… and.... Err… who are you?”

Erebos: “Revenge… save…”

Komo: “What are you talking about, Tenno? Did you crash land during our operations?”

Erebos: “Long… war… soldiers… avenged....”

The Erebos dismounts its Varakira and kneels.

Erebos: “I… end… now… take… memory… use…”

The player gains the option to ‘touch’ the Warframe. Once they do, the Erebos’ lights fade and the Warframe collapses. The Varakira whinnies before also collapsing.
The player acquires the EREBOS WARFRAME BLUEPRINT once they touch.

Ordis: “Wait! I never got to meet your cephalon!”

Komo: “Did he just… die? Tenno, I don’t know what happened here today, but whoever that was… they saved us. Let’s head back to base and look at the vitruvian. Maybe we’ll get an answer.”

With the immediate Sentient presence gone, Ordis bring the Landing Craft into Orbit to extract both the player and Komo.

The vitruvian opens up again, this time displaying an image of Erebos. The colouring is now white and black instead of blue and black.

Dax Vitruvian: *coughing* “I… I made it back… by the emperors… I’m the only one left…
Everything went bad so fast. I could barely blink. I… my head… ugh, we were found by the Sentients. We had to make a run for it. Ibril, Larkel… they were all killed on the spot. We crossed this voidforsaken planet and found something incredible… something that saved us. A Tenno. Our guns were empty, our swords broken… but this Tenno created new weapons for us to wield. Ones that we used to fight back against the Sentients, alongside the Tenno. He must have crash landed here too, somehow. We couldn’t win though… soon enough, even the Tenno fell, my allies fell. I can’t remember what happened… everything… so dark…
Maybe I was a coward and ran. All I know is that I made it back to the Aethon, alive… for now at least. One of my arms is missing, its severed flesh charred and scorched. It hurts… but so does everything else. I think the air is poisonous… my lungs feel the way my wretched stump looks. I won’t survive this planet for much longer, and I doubt Dax High Command is coming… if you hear this message, I can only hope that you are faring better than me and my allies. If you’re that Tenno who saved us… thank you. And if you’re a Sentient, may your soul be trapped within the Void for eternity.”

Komo: “That’s… it?”

Ordis: “The vitruvian is completed. That was it. Operator, you obtained that Warframe’s blueprint, didn’t you somehow? Perhaps you can recreate it if you get the proper materials.”

Komo: “Well, hold up there, Cephalon! We need this Tenno back into the action yesterday. As much as I’m unsatisfied with the late Dax’s tale, we need to all move past this adventure and get to work!”

Ordis: “Hmm. Very well. Operator, you can hunt for this Warframe’s parts while fighting the Sentients, I’m sure!”

Komo: “Hey Tenno? One last thing for you- I managed to snag this off of that horse-thing back there. Maybe you’ll find a way to use it? I’ve never seen that kind of Tenno technology before, but if you can find a way to use it, maybe it’ll give us the edge to make this invasion successful.”

At this point, the quest is completed. Completion awards the player with the VARAKIRA VOID GATE.

Ordis messages the player with one last piece of information after the player exits the Quest Completed screen.

Ordis: “Varakira… Operator, these seem to be some kind of Orokin-era, genetically engineered warhorse! My foundry *IS USE-LESSSZZZZZ*... is unable to fabricate such large and complex things on its own. Perhaps you can use DOJO LABS to replicate the blueprints for them.”

The player will also be able to see a statue of the Erebos from the Quest riding his Varakira in the middle of the hub world after completing the Quest.

Last but not least, a little piece of artwork drawn by someone who I'm a big fan of, @LostEpoch! Some Tau Vegetation capable of withstanding the rapidly changing elements!
tau_plant_by_forgotten_epoch_dcxp7nt-pre

Whew! And that's all of the 4.0 update! Not sure what I'll be working on next, perhaps some visual upgrades to my older Sentient Units. Until then, shoot me any feedback you have- I appreciate it all!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

15 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It's finally here! The LEGION OF TAU 4.0 update! Featuring a massive list of new content which I'll break down for you:

NEW WARFRAME: EREBOS
Erebos_Reference_Final.png
Erebos is an entirely new Warframe, and being such a complex topic, I've created a new thread for feedback specific to him:

NEW WEAPONS:
Erebos arrives with two of his very own weapons, the Cultivox and Shadorai!

From an ancient time of Tenno Warframe, the Varakira were deadly, loyal and powerful steeds ridden into battle. Revitalize your very own with a proprietary modular system for maximum customization! Huge shoutout to @Blood_Strider for the original designs!

And of course, new mods to come with a new system:

There's also Erebos' Quest, the namesake of this very update (warning, wall of text!):

Last but not least, a little piece of artwork drawn by someone who I'm a big fan of, @LostEpoch! Some Tau Vegetation capable of withstanding the rapidly changing elements!
tau_plant_by_forgotten_epoch_dcxp7nt-pre

Whew! And that's all of the 4.0 update! Not sure what I'll be working on next, perhaps some visual upgrades to my older Sentient Units. Until then, shoot me any feedback you have- I appreciate it all!

Heh, what's your secret in obtaining so much artwork for your designs? Charisma, a bountiful wallet? The ability to make fantastic deals?

Erebos Critique-

An unexpected thematic direction, but, one that is to the creator's credit. It'd be extremely difficult for one to accidentally make a copycat themewise.

Hm. . . a close cousin to Atlas' rubble effect, yet, not a direct copy.

Ah, the "primitive" vs "refined" effects of abilities is certainly an innovation over anything the current set has.

Hm, a sort of "escape smokescreen" in the vein of the ash suit's as well as it's teleportation ability, yet, squashed down into a singular ability with both effects at once.

The enhanced effect seems somewhat reminiscent of the "I-Frames" or "R-Frames" of fighting games, where dodges provide a brief window of invincibility or resistance.

Now THATS a thought. Multi-Suit exalted weaponry hand-forged on the frontline. Nothing really compares at all in the modern roster.

AH! The thread is a coalition of ideas uniting into one, as opposed to just one man on his own with outside artistic help. No wonder you have rapidly riseing popularity putting you just neath Mr. Inuzuka and Mr. Daemonstar.

Are these Varakira Infested Biomorphs? Evolved Sentinels? Advanced Bio-Proxies?

My only concern is that that 300% bonus seems a bit on the overtly high side. My thoughts turn to 200 or 150%, but, as always, this is on your land.

Ah, Mr. Epoch, a man I've been holding to talk to some day. You already know why of course, chap is certainly nothing to scoff at when it comes to giving the Sentient swarm pictorial flesh and blood.

Thats all I have for the interim, gonna try to finish off my Void Creeper/Preserver/Strangler off today and, like you, see where the winds of Chance take me next unitwise.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Are these Varakira Infested Biomorphs? Evolved Sentinels? Advanced Bio-Proxies?

My only concern is that that 300% bonus seems a bit on the overtly high side. My thoughts turn to 200 or 150%, but, as always, this is on your land.

The Varakira boil down to very similar things as the Warframes themselves. The idea is they're grown with Infested flesh, genetically modified to form the body of the steed while growing the same hardened metal skin that Warframes have. Their cavities are empty however, similarly mimicking Warframe's cybernetic internal systems in the way that you can install cybernetic organs into your Varakira!

In terms of the damage bonus, think of it this way: your swing speed is reduced by a massive amount, and you have no access to combos; aka you don't get any multi-hit attacks. The 300% boost is there to compensate for the decreased damage output from the greatly reduced attack speed while also giving you that really awesome feel of riding past your enemy, swinging your weapon and striking them dead on the spot!
Especially, considering that your attack speed is so low, it would be very difficult to build your combo counter, so the 300% bonus also helps account for that.

5 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The Varakira boil down to very similar things as the Warframes themselves. The idea is they're grown with Infested flesh, genetically modified to form the body of the steed while growing the same hardened metal skin that Warframes have. Their cavities are empty however, similarly mimicking Warframe's cybernetic internal systems in the way that you can install cybernetic organs into your Varakira!

In terms of the damage bonus, think of it this way: your swing speed is reduced by a massive amount, and you have no access to combos; aka you don't get any multi-hit attacks. The 300% boost is there to compensate for the decreased damage output from the greatly reduced attack speed while also giving you that really awesome feel of riding past your enemy, swinging your weapon and striking them dead on the spot!
Especially, considering that your attack speed is so low, it would be very difficult to build your combo counter, so the 300% bonus also helps account for that.

AH, swordflesh entities! I've been delveing into that area of thought quite a bit lately!

Ah. . . hm. . . and there's no limitation on what weapons can be wielded in said saddleing? I saw the "one-handed actions" bit up there, but, aside from that, seems like anyone can use whatever?

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah. . . hm. . . and there's no limitation on what weapons can be wielded in said saddleing? I saw the "one-handed actions" bit up there, but, aside from that, seems like anyone can use whatever?

That is correct. I didn’t want to limit people to specific weapons, but rather have mounted combat as a new play style.

You can imagine riding around various Warframe open worlds, lobbing enemies’ heads off, shooting your Gunblade or throwing your Glaive as you ride about!

On 2019-02-07 at 7:54 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

...Huh. That's a really interesting idea for publicizing new unique ideas. I should try that sometime for Gagarin. I'll comment later on that thread.

Stats:
MR: 16
Slot: Melee
Type: Scythe
Attack Speed: 0.6
Channeling Damage: 1.5x
Block Resist: 50%
Base Damage: 200 Impact b, 100 Slash b
Total Damage: 300
Crit Chance: 22%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 25%
Polarities: Naramon Pol
Stance Polarity: Naramon Pol

Badass art as always. This looks like a fun scythe to build - good crit so I can bypass the low attack speed with Berserker, great status so I can spam Healing Return or have fun (oh yes) with Condition Overload...

I don't use scythes much, but this would get me to try one.

Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 325 RPM
Accuracy: 45.0
Magazine: 10
Max Ammo: 600
Reload Time: 1.9 seconds
Base Damage: 60 Puncture bPuncture,  24Impact bImpact, 16 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 100
Crit Chance: 28%
Crit Multiplier: 2.7x
Status Chance: 20%

...Ah, another foray into Battle Rifle territory! Personally speaking, I might have given it more damage, but you know how I get with semiauto weapons. That's just a personal thing. Overall, I like the armor-stripping properties here. I could build an armor-stripping rifle with gas damage! Or just a really good corrosive battle rifle.  Or skip that and use viral. The possibilities are many. 

And of course, I'm interested in attempts to make semiauto rifles that are useful in Warframe's current meta.

My gut reaction was "this sounds a bit weird," but...

It's really not any weirder than anything else in Warframe. ^~^. Besides, being able to ride a warhorse while wearing Edo armor and looking like a samurai (or doing that as Mesa!) sounds awesome.

Varakira are summoned via a gear item called the VARKIRA VOID GATE, which summons your Varakira into combat using a miniaturized Torsion Beam device. The Varakira Void Gate is obtained by completing the SHADOW OF EREBOS quest on Tau.

...Using a portable void gate to summon a mount?

I feel like this has other fun applications. Oh yes.

Also I like that these have such a unique niche - they have a lot of combat potential, they're not as cumbersome as Archwings, and they serve as a mid-road between companions and vehicles. I approve! Plus, this gives me... opportunities. Oh yes.

warframe___mlp___excalibony_by_yeetsun11

I truly love all the work you've put into this new system, and all the art! Unfortunately it's 2:54 AM and I must sleep now.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Huh. That's a really interesting idea for publicizing new unique ideas. I should try that sometime for Gagarin. I'll comment later on that thread.

Badass art as always. This looks like a fun scythe to build - good crit so I can bypass the low attack speed with Berserker, great status so I can spam Healing Return or have fun (oh yes) with Condition Overload...

I don't use scythes much, but this would get me to try one.

...Ah, another foray into Battle Rifle territory! Personally speaking, I might have given it more damage, but you know how I get with semiauto weapons. That's just a personal thing. Overall, I like the armor-stripping properties here. I could build an armor-stripping rifle with gas damage! Or just a really good corrosive battle rifle.  Or skip that and use viral. The possibilities are many. 

And of course, I'm interested in attempts to make semiauto rifles that are useful in Warframe's current meta.

My gut reaction was "this sounds a bit weird," but...

It's really not any weirder than anything else in Warframe. ^~^. Besides, being able to ride a warhorse while wearing Edo armor and looking like a samurai (or doing that as Mesa!) sounds awesome.

...Using a portable void gate to summon a mount?

I feel like this has other fun applications. Oh yes.

Also I like that these have such a unique niche - they have a lot of combat potential, they're not as cumbersome as Archwings, and they serve as a mid-road between companions and vehicles. I approve! Plus, this gives me... opportunities. Oh yes.

warframe___mlp___excalibony_by_yeetsun11

I truly love all the work you've put into this new system, and all the art! Unfortunately it's 2:54 AM and I must sleep now.

I tried it once for showing off Barboga and Restless Depths, but, it didn't really get off the ground for whatever reason. May have once again been due to a lack of art. Go ahead if you have him all cooked up though.

Is. . . is that a "Lil Pony" Umbra?

16 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

That is correct. I didn’t want to limit people to specific weapons, but rather have mounted combat as a new play style.

You can imagine riding around various Warframe open worlds, lobbing enemies’ heads off, shooting your Gunblade or throwing your Glaive as you ride about!

Ah, okay. I can understand the appeal, I was just working within what we have right now as opposed to what could be in the future. One handed glaive tosses, one handed pistolmenship, that sorta deal. Doesn't mean it'd be impossible programmingwise.

You know, it just hit me like a large chunk of pyroclastic rock from in high. Will these entities bridge the gap between "means of conveyance" and "pets"? Will there be an ability, cosmetically or pragmatically, to interact with the entities in an "equine-pet" manner? Not in the sense of stabilization of D.N.A. and all that, but, say, showing it affection or having it rear.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

You know, it just hit me like a large chunk of pyroclastic rock from in high. Will these entities bridge the gap between "means of conveyance" and "pets"? Will there be an ability, cosmetically or pragmatically, to interact with the entities in an "equine-pet" manner? Not in the sense of stabilization of D.N.A. and all that, but, say, showing it affection or having it rear.

I was thinking about having a “pet” emote added overall. This would allow you to pet your kubrow, kavat, moa, or varakira in mission. As for in your Orbiter, I’m not 100% sure because the Varakura is only avaialable in the vehicle menu.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Is. . . is that a "Lil Pony" Umbra?

On 2019-02-09 at 10:15 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

I dunno, the face feels more Excalibur Prime...

On 2019-02-09 at 10:15 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

I like what you were thinking here. That was admittedly a major barrier to my enjoyment of Archwing... before PoE anyway. I think we could all have some fun with the game's leverguns, break-actions, and revolvers...

Or possibly even the Terminus

tenno__terminus__shotgun_by_haruaxeman_d

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I was thinking about having a “pet” emote added overall. This would allow you to pet your kubrow, kavat, moa, or varakira in mission. As for in your Orbiter, I’m not 100% sure because the Varakura is only avaialable in the vehicle menu.

Good, good! I've noticed that a lotta folks in the past have been frustrated with their inability to interact with their critters in the field, despite me mostly being a Sentinel man.

23 minutes ago, Unus said:

Good, good! I've noticed that a lotta folks in the past have been frustrated with their inability to interact with their critters in the field, despite me mostly being a Sentinel man.

Sometimes a man just wants to pet dogs. You know what I mean?

Loki-lead.jpg

...Granted, I'll probably never be able to do this in-game, but a man can dream.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

While i like the mount idea, i would have thought something less conventional than a horse would be more in the style of warframe. Like maybe something a mix between a motorbike and an insect would be weirdly cool.

You’re totally right, but then again having something very similar to a horse would allow players to achieve that Wild West/ cowboy fantasy or chivalry fantasy, you know?