Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Congratulations DE, you knocked out my Computer

Dark_RRiderr

As a sign of my appriciation about the new mode i just wanted to inform DE that your (very untested before release) mission mode knocked out my computer and forced me for the first time in a long time to actually press the reset on my computer...

I mean, i did expect a lot... like ahm... there could be bugs (S#&$ton of them actually...) and that you still need to work on fixing everything but.... to actually knock out my computer? Yeah, lets say that in fact was for a change pretty... unexpected.

Im already not the biggest fan of Khora beeing only obtainable in this mode alone and that doing this solo doesnt really work that well everytime (Specially if the enemys down spawn or rarely and if the portal on 0:00 on the timer is taking its sweet time appearing so efficiency still goes down...) but unfortunately i have to say that i will take my distance from this mode for a good while now until everything is finally fixed because i dont really intend of melting my computer with... whatever caused it to be entirely unable to even move the mouse without nearly dieing...

So yeah, congratulations it appears you might be on something here and should maybe give this mission mode to the pentagon and sell it as anti computer weapon since i can confirm its effecktiveness now

yep happened to me as well.

I think instead of them posting pictures of anything like they normally do to generate hype, they can oh i don't know do their jobs and bug hunt and optimise their game modes.

The state this update is EA levels of unprofessional.

Usually im really tolerating a lot of bugs if something is new and usually im the last to complain about DE, but this time well sorry, i just cant help it this one time i cant say its good what they did here. Update was to rushed and well, now we can all feel the effeckt of it beeing rushed...

5 minutes ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

Usually im really tolerating a lot of bugs if something is new and usually im the last to complain about DE, but this time well sorry, i just cant help it this one time i cant say its good what they did here. Update was to rushed and well, now we can all feel the effeckt of it beeing rushed...

This doesn't feel like a rush job, this feels like incompetence on a large scale.

Edited by LupisV0lk

I don’t think this update was rushed. The game mode and Khora has been around for quite sometime now, just that DE has been changing their minds quite frequently and ended up didn’t plan thoroughly through with the game mode and Khora. 

software is incapable of causing hardware failure - if you experienced this, the most likely culprit is an unstable Overclock that came to light because of the type of load induced at that particular time. however other possibilities include Driver conflicts, conflicts with a another particular piece of software, or even with something in Windows.
if the issue you're describing is your system appearing to hard lock, waiting for a bit (like up to 30 seconds or so) to see if Windows will handle the error can prove useful - if it has a handle for it then you should get a description of the error encountered, as well a a Memory Dump (usually) that can be a very useful addition to any report (that you would take up with Support rather than post to the Forums due to size and type of data that it is).

Very unlikely, it never had that kind of problems before with any of the other games. My mouse coursor couldnt even move correctly. This was for very sure anything inside that mission mode that caused this, i just dont know what it was, happened just somewhere in the middle of it. So no, i dont think its an hardware issue if i can play any other game just fine even if it can be laggy under certein circumstances but it was never like that before.

As said, i stay away from that gamemode for a good while now. Wishing everyone else have fun with it, i surely dont have any fun at all with it so far. And to restart my computer just because one game mode isnt working in warframe? Yeah just no.

Good not all is bad and the rest of the game is still good enouth that i spend every single day since october in warframe (Yeah sad i dont got a life, i already know that long before warframe)

15 hours ago, taiiat said:

software is incapable of causing hardware failure - if you experienced this, the most likely culprit is an unstable Overclock that came to light because of the type of load induced at that particular time. however other possibilities include Driver conflicts, conflicts with a another particular piece of software, or even with something in Windows.
if the issue you're describing is your system appearing to hard lock, waiting for a bit (like up to 30 seconds or so) to see if Windows will handle the error can prove useful - if it has a handle for it then you should get a description of the error encountered, as well a a Memory Dump (usually) that can be a very useful addition to any report (that you would take up with Support rather than post to the Forums due to size and type of data that it is).

"Softwares incapable of messing with your hardware, lemme now quote 3 software problems and 1 hardware problem to prove my case"

Its possible for software to prevent inputs from being read from mouse and kb when it crashes, i remember this fondly when playing bethesda games in particular on pc, and console games in general are wrought with reset necessary crashes.

Edited by Gandergear

6 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

"Softwares incapable of messing with your hardware, lemme now quote 3 software problems and 1 hardware problem to prove my case"

Its possible for software to prevent inputs from being read from mouse and kb when it crashes, i remember this fondly when playing bethesda games in particular on pc, and console games in general are wrought with reset necessary crashes.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+hardware+failure

14 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

He never stated it was a hardware failure.

i don't know what you bleep blooped me for then, if you weren't misunderstanding what i wrote - you must have, but i can't figure out why what you said has any relation to me.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:50 PM, taiiat said:

What is the relevance to the OP? The OP did not claim hardware failure, and as previously said even if it was hardware failure a simple reset is highly unlikely to fix the issue. Now with that out of the way, a game very well can soft lock a computer,  and it's not always possible to wait out the freeze.  And seeing as how the OP says that it was likely due to this game (instead of other software) , and there is a bug report forum it seems perfectly reasonable to post the issue here.

Is there something i am not understanding?

12 minutes ago, KhajiitDova said:

Is there something i am not understanding?

unless the purpose was to just rant into the air and not get the problem fixed, yes there's a lot you're missing.

i made it clear that their experience is incapable of damaging their property (the title implies they think it may be capable of that), and then proceeded to provide some basic Tech Support advice to help get the issue resolved. (infact i'm the only one that responded with anything actually helpful, everyone else might as well be discussing the weather)
what is your relevance to the Thread?

Edited by taiiat

Well friend, my relevance to the thread is to learn from someone else's situation, hence why i asked if there was something i was misunderstanding.  With your clarification i can understand better why you thought it to be relevent, though i do think many would not assume the poster to believe actual damage to the computer. Also I would suggest not assuming posts to antagonistic when someone asks a question, due to text leaving out of pertinent information of intent.

Thank you for elaborating.