Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death Squads Are A Really Bad Idea

sevalaricgirl

2 hours ago, dudefaceguy said:

Death squads are a bonus that give you extra affinity from eximus units.

Sure. When you're a geared up Vet.

For new players, they are 100% punishment. They literally punish new players for playing the game, while being of zero consequences to vets.

Like most supporting mechanics, it's very bad design.

4 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

For new players, they are 100% punishment. They literally punish new players for playing the game, while being of zero consequences to vets.

You sound like your just bad at the game. I never had issues when I first started. 

23 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

i dont normally say this but...

"git gud" or w/e the saying is

I have to agree. Yeah if you new they can pose some threat, particuarly loka squads, but eventually they just become a spike in affinity gains in missions.

You reach a stage where all squads and assassins die seconds after they appear. Rather satisfting place to reach, making it clear how powerful you now are.

If anything deathmark enemies (stalker, zanuka, g3) need a buff..

Complaining about hard content when you are new instead of learning and improving.....

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

47 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I have to agree. Yeah if you new they can pose some threat, particuarly loka squads, but eventually they just become a spike in affinity gains in missions.

You reach a stage where all squads and assassins die seconds after they appear. Rather satisfting place to reach, making it clear how powerful you now are.

If anything deathmark enemies (stalker, zanuka, g3) need a buff..

Complaining about hard content when you are new instead of learning and improving.....

Yes, you DO reach that stage. Eventually. Way to ignore my point.

The system punishes new players for playing the game. It's a guaranteed death, about which they can do nothing. It's pathetically stupid game design.

I think that death squads are too rare. There must be more of them.

And also - on regular missions they usualy spawn few rooms/half-map behind you, which isn't cool, and if you wanna kill them - you have to stop and go back looking for them. :(

Stalker/zanuka/g3 are way too uncommon as well... Especialy zanuka/g3 - there must be some other ways to get their mark in addition to invasions. Maybe make mark permanent after getting it 5 times? (note that for Stalker you get mark for every boss that you kill, it just not being shown, and you can have many stalker marks at the same time) ... and some way to disable that mark (maybe doing special mission?).

Speaking of new players - I think that players up to MR5 must have some protection from death squads (so squads wouldn't come after them, but can come after other higher rank players in the same missions).

On 4/23/2018 at 8:05 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

As a newbie, I butchered those things to the extent I'm pretty sure Amaryn her self started bleeding. I am really starting to hate this: "geared up vets don't understand" mentality.
Yeah we do, perhaps even more so. Some of us were there for the days where stamina was a thing, and you couldn't always launch yourself like a clown out of a hekking cannon to get away from enemy fire.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

Yep.  When I was still pretty new, whenever the Stalker would show up it was a guaranteed death for me - it got so that I just stopped doing anything and let him kill me fast so I could get on with the mission.  Eventually I learned that they are killable and I got some good weapons able to deal with stalkers, but for the first few months the Stalker was not a fun experience.  (I also played solo almost exclusively for my first few months.)

If your in a group drop a waypoint to let everyone know where the death squad will show up.

Otherwise learn how to use your warframe and or always bring atleast ONE good weapon.  Even noobs have the ability to create SPECTRES.   You can drop a spectre to help distract them.  

Valkyr is so awesome for Death Squads lol.  Scream and suck them all in close and then obliterate with melee.  Dead in 2 seconds.  

I think the two worse death squads are the Osprey squad and the Lancer squad.   Both of those light you up with 8-10 guns at once and if you havent done anything to prepare you are toast before you realize it. 

Stalker definately only shows up when he senses weakness lol.   

Just take your lumps and continue getting stronger and these things will be less and less of an issue.   Death Squads should be screwing over newbies hehehe.  

On 4/23/2018 at 5:06 AM, polarity said:

The chance of getting 5x stalker in ~20 missions when playing solo should be almost zero, but I've had it happen while public-but-solo leveling weapons, and 3x in a day doing that isn't uncommon.  In fact before my operator was up to it, I always made sure to have a mag/rad/viral synoid gammacor equipped while doing it, because of just how annoying stalker became while leveling weapons with a maxed frame, thanks to his damage reduction (the time he showed up when all I had was a penta was tedious, to say the least).

I get the feeling that mission type and tileset have a large part to play (possibly MR too), because I was mostly running MD on Earth at the time (bored with akkad/hydron, and looking for new players that might need help, but not from someone with a ton of maxed weapons to one-shot everything).  I'm MR22 and I've seen far more of stalker solo on earth, waiting for people to join me, than on akkad in groups, with the same kind of loadouts.  You kind of notice when you're selling dread blueprints in stacks of 30.

Nope, as they haven't changed the spawn code for Stalker in a damn long while and it was thoroughly examined when the code was easily visible, the MR of a player, tileset, weapon or frame equipped/level have nothing to do with spawn rates. It's a flat % chance that only increases with number of marked people in the squad. Devs have also confirmed it before.

7 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

save up on prime junk, get a whole bunch of ducats, and when baro comes next, grab a bunch of zanuka beacons, it can make the "hunting the hunter" much easier

Summoned zanukas don't drop pigment.

At least that's what I've been told.

You have to have them stalk you naturally

Well, OP, while death squads and assassins are dangerous for a low level frame, there's nothing dramatically horrible about facing them. You can always determine of you're being targeted by checking death marks and syndicate standings so the only thing you need is to make sure you're at least semi-prepared to face the challenge. Bring at least one decent weapon and have some specters in your gear(if you are targeted by death squads, you can already buy those from your syndicates of choice). and in the case of death squads, you can almost always run away and avoid fighting them.

Besides, dieing to a death squad or assassin is not that horrible actually. Sure, you lose one revive but it's not really a big deal. As a solo player, you should rarely need more than one or two in a mission unless you're doing sorties, and judging by your remark of being a new-ish player, you probably aren't(if you regularly need more than 1 revive per mission, rethink your loadout and frame choices, your tactic and also don't rush for high-level content).

But most importantly, even failing a mission it is almost entirely inconsequential. Unless you're cracking a relic, you don't even lose anything. Sure, G3 can put a bolt on you, but it's quite easy to disengage. So honestly, there's nothing to be upset about.