Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veldt Changes

3viserator

So the Veldt has been recently added to the game and at its current state, is not worth using over the latron prime or the latron wraith. While the model features an elongated scope, scoping in does not provide a unique sight. There are already large number of "battle rifles" like the Argonak, Hind, Latron to name a few. Maybe the Veldt could be changed to become a bolt action sniper rifle. The model already seems like it could be one and it would be a good opportunity for it to be the first of its kind. 

Proposed Stat changes

Crit chance from 22% > 25%

Crit mult from 2.2x > 2.5x

Magazine from 16 > 6

Status chance from 22% > 17%

Base dmg from 90 > 150

Add 1m punch through

Scope zooms in at 3x with no additional zoom

Extra "gimmick" could be to add a 6 sec shot combo duration and have a buff of +15% fire rate and reload speed scaling with shot combo multiplier

Not sure how all of you guys think about this change. Feel free to reply your thoughts on how the Veldt can be changed and hopefully DE will take some of these suggestions to mind :satisfied:

as aforementioned, that's a totally different Weapon. a Weapon that would be cool to have, but why not have both then. i like the idea of a Precision Weapon that is completely leaned towards the Hit Counter, being able to put in more and more hits and sustain for longer the more hits you get in. that would be a neat Weapon. but again a completely different one.

as for Veldt vs Latron Series - the only thing that makes Latron Series comparable to Veldt, is if you always use Hunter Munitions on them. elsewise they can't do what Veldt does.

Edited by taiiat

27 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You're asking for an entirely different weapon that shares the same model.

In a way yes because from what I've heard, people have found the weapon to be very disappointing and this wouldn't be the first time DE has changed a weapon almost completely with the example being the quartakk. While this change is much more extreme, I don't see much of an issue since DE has the ability to change the numbers around though they would have to make new animations.

1 hour ago, 3viserator said:

So the Veldt has been recently added to the game and at its current state, is not worth using over the latron prime or the latron wraith. While the model features an elongated scope, scoping in does not provide a unique sight. There are already large number of "battle rifles" like the Argonak, Hind, Latron to name a few. Maybe the Veldt could be changed to become a bolt action sniper rifle. The model already seems like it could be one and it would be a good opportunity for it to be the first of its kind. 

Proposed Stat changes

Crit chance from 22% > 25%

Crit mult from 2.2x > 2.5x

Magazine from 16 > 6

Status chance from 22% > 17%

Base dmg from 90 > 150

Add 1m punch through

Scope zooms in at 3x with no additional zoom

Extra "gimmick" could be to add a 6 sec shot combo duration and have a buff of +15% fire rate and reload speed scaling with shot combo multiplier

Not sure how all of you guys think about this change. Feel free to reply your thoughts on how the Veldt can be changed and hopefully DE will take some of these suggestions to mind :satisfied:

A great "win-win" option would be to make the Secondary Fire mode, which only gives the Veldt a Zoom level similar to a Sniper rifile, turn it into a Sniper rifle. It would make the Veldt much better as it would give a unique mechanic to change from a semi-automatic rifle into a sniper rifle according with the situation.

When in close quarters, use the semi-auto rifle, but when at long range, use the sniper rifle. Of course the Sniper rifle mode should have increased Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Damage and Accuracy, with decreased Fire Rate, Magazine Size, Total Ammo. Also when in semi-auto mode, you use Rifle ammo, but when in Sniper mode, you use Sniper/Bow Ammo, each with its separate magazine/ammo pool.

I bought Veldt and have already put 4 Formas into it, but don't plan on using it again - for those wondering why invest Formas into it, I have everything fully polarized. However, if these changes or at least some of them were added, I might just start using it instead of my Rubico - my main Sniper for Sorties, Eidolons, etc.

Great thread and If someone from DE reads this, I hope DE can at least "test" this out and see if that's something worth adding to make the Veldt a better and more versatile weapon.

Edited by Sdarts

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned, that's a totally different Weapon. a Weapon that would be cool to have, but why not have both then. i like the idea of a Precision Weapon that is completely leaned towards the Hit Counter, being able to put in more and more hits and sustain for longer the more hits you get in. that would be a neat Weapon. but again a completely different one.

as for Veldt vs Latron Series - the only thing that makes Latron Series comparable to Veldt, is if you always use Hunter Munitions on them. elsewise they can't do what Veldt does.

this is right now as it stands just a worse version of the latron series im not sure what you mean by saying that the latron cant do what it can do, the latron's can do everything this does and better, the only real diffrence is the ips spread. the higher slash is nice but it doesnt make enough of a diffrence even compared to hunter munitions because you have the other 2 dmg types plus whatever elemental your using, meaning that you wont trigger slash very often, if you want to build for slash procs you will still need hunter munitions on the veldt or completly gimp your dmg and build for only slash mods. the point i beleive evis is trying to make is that the veldt right now is just a worse version of weapons we already have in the game.

From my short time with it, it needs a tiny bit more fire rate at base. Putting a fire rate mod really makes the weapon feel a whole lot better.

Also, it needs a feature added when zoomed. 

Edited by Donkey___R

if we're going to change anything uh can we, not have ANOTHER Weapon in the grouping of Stradavar, Argonak, Zenith, Tenora, Tiberon Prime, Hind.... we have enough 'converts to a Precision/Sniper Mode as an Alt Fire' Weapons already. 
please, something else. so many Weapons are already that.

if you want to add something to Zooming, cool beans. pick something that.... isn't a Precision/Sniper Mode. it's already a DMR as it is, so it is that Weapon already. even something as simple as say forced Status on extra Zoom would have some great effect.

9 hours ago, Lone_Traveler said:

if you want to build for slash procs you will still need hunter munitions on the veldt or completly gimp your dmg and build for only slash mods. the point i beleive evis is trying to make is that the veldt right now is just a worse version of weapons we already have in the game.

objectively it can't be "gimping Damage" if all objects in comparison are using a Mod Slot for a certain feature. adding one Mod to make for heavily Slash vs one Mod to get Slash at all is the same thing.

Edited by taiiat

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

if we're going to change anything uh can we, not have ANOTHER Weapon in the grouping of Stradavar, Argonak, Zenith, Tenora, Tiberon Prime, Hind.... we have enough 'converts to a Precision/Sniper Mode as an Alt Fire' Weapons already. 
please, something else. so many Weapons are already that.

if you want to add something to Zooming, cool beans. pick something that.... isn't a Precision/Sniper Mode. it's already a DMR as it is, so it is that Weapon already. even something as simple as say forced Status on extra Zoom would have some great effect.

objectively it can't be "gimping Damage" if all objects in comparison are using a Mod Slot for a certain feature. adding one Mod to make for heavily Slash vs one Mod to get Slash at all is the same thing.

yes but you have to use multiple mods to get it to do the same thing that hunter munitions does in one mod is my point, not to mention that you cant add for elemental then without makeing the amount of slash procs you will do go down

6 minutes ago, Lone_Traveler said:

yes but you have to use multiple mods to get it to do the same thing that hunter munitions does in one mod is my point, not to mention that you cant add for elemental then without makeing the amount of slash procs you will do go down

just one Slash Mod really, you'd have Elementals either way for min/maxing Damage purposes (and applying Viral).

uhhhh.... adding Elementals has a very, very low impact on the amount of Physical Status you get. adding Status Elementals benefits Physical Status more than Elemental Status on non-Shotguns, infact.