Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Onslaught and Khora Blueprints Acquisition DE's worst move yet?

Deimorne

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Also, might I point out TENNOGEN IS FREE IF you have Plat from TRADES, which don't require money at -all-

Nah man, only coz you are on console. On PC you can not buy Tennogen for plat.

4 hours ago, rune_me said:

Nah man, only coz you are on console. On PC you can not buy Tennogen for plat.

For real?  Hm...that is odd. Might have something to do with monetization on the creator's behalf, though.  Regardless, nothing that impacts actual gameplay, powerscaling, etc is off-limits in f2p model of Warframe.  Sure, there are paid exclusives, but again, they're just aesthetics not game modes or power-ups or anything of that sort. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

For real?  Hm...that is odd. Might have something to do with monetization on the creator's behalf, though.  Regardless, nothing that impacts actual gameplay, powerscaling, etc is off-limits in f2p model of Warframe.  Sure, there are paid exclusives, but again, they're just aesthetics not game modes or power-ups or anything of that sort. 

It's because on PC you can only buy Tennogen through Steam. And obviously Steam only accept actual money.

23 minutes ago, rune_me said:

It's because on PC you can only buy Tennogen through Steam. And obviously Steam only accept actual money.

Gotcha.  On console, we "purchase" the Tennogen directly through the in-game Marketplace.  Is that not a thing on PC?  I'd love to play on PC, as well, honestly...but I've a Chromebook sooooo.....nope ;-;

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Gotcha.  On console, we "purchase" the Tennogen directly through the in-game Marketplace.  Is that not a thing on PC?

It's not a thing. You can only get it through Steam.

What is this? Me and a friend have about 70 run´s for the Khora Blueprint and we still haven´t her.... 😞 We got now about 11 Chassis, 9 Neuroptic and 5 Systeme.... Please Please Change the drop Chance of her... 

PS: You guy´s have more than 70 runs until you got the bp?

Edited by SteverHD

8 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

........................  I'll just let @rune_me say it best  (thank you, rune, for "getting it". D:)

Also, might I point out TENNOGEN IS FREE IF you have Plat from TRADES, which don't require money at -all-.   And hell, you know DE SHARES Tennogen profits WITH the creators of the ART, right?  Like, how is SHARING = greedy?  Come on, dude.... smfh

So your argument is.... *clears throat* ... "You don't have enough info to KNOW that lowering their prices WOULDN'T help sales, but I, with the same conjecture and info, DO KNOW that it WOULD!"  ?  Hm?  That it?

It's not GREED to make a profit.  But as long as we're making wild "guesses" here, let me throw mine in.  I'd "guess" that the company who sold shares for MILLIONS of dollars probably ISN'T losing money on current sales strategies, yeah?  If they were, they'd undoubtedly change it.  The fact that they aren't taking orders from a bunch of gamer kids who have no major sales experience (to the degree of making millions of dollars) isn't a sign of ignorance or greed, it's a sign that they clearly know what they are doing.

The sheer audacity it takes for you to claim you know better is honestly mind-blowing.

Also, just to further clarify things, though I feel this point will be lost here, just because a company has a valuation of millions of dollars, such as you pointed out in their selling shares, does NOT mean the EMPLOYEES have millions of dollars.  The money that a COMPANY has and the EMPLOYEES have are two separate bank accounts, kiddo.

For example, when my company performs a show, -I- do NOT make the fee I charge.  I make a portion of it, because most of it goes to taxes, then to expenses (gas, meals, materials, etc) and then most gets REINVESTED back into the company, NOT my pocket.  Businesses who do NOT reinvest do NOT last 5 years on a free-to-play model.

DE has constantly poured their heart, soul, and financial gain BACK into the game to improve it time and time again.  There is no sign of greed.  I ain't saying someone doesn't eat a slightly more expensive poutine than needed here or there, but that's not greed, that's enjoying what you've worked 15+ years to achieve!

If you worked your butt off at your job for years and then FINALLY got a vacation, would you just donate that check to hungry orphans?  Jeez.  The fact that you're PLAYING Warframe is PROOF you spend a little on yourself, or else you wouldn't have the GAMING SYSTEM to play on! Least of all the time to do it!

If all else fails to convince you, their SALARIES are available for public viewing on Glassdoor.  Have fun

Tennogen items cannot be traded and can only be bought with $ through steam... Maybe it's different on PS4, but the majority of players are on PC and you CANNOT own ANY tennogen items unless you pay RL money for it... So there goes your ignorance again...

Again, show me an example of a F2P game that compares to their $140 exclusive can ONLY be bought with money and not in-game currency.  It's AMAZING that you ONLY cherry pick and ignore the rest of the argument trying to 'win'... You're arguing against reality dude, not me... And you're losing...  I mean seriously, how can you even equate donating to hungry orphans to a vacation.......  That's just sick ...  My argument is back by reality, and yours isn't, that's all there is here, have a nice life being wilfully ignorant to reality while the rest of us suffer you!!  You're too herpderp to be here imo... It's like telling a wall it's a wall and then you're arguing that it's a window while not even looking at it... Stupidity at its finest

39 minutes ago, -ZeroStar- said:

Again, show me an example of a F2P game that compares to their $140 exclusive can ONLY be bought with money and not in-game currency.

Erh? The exclusives are what, $40? Where do you get the other $100 from? Plus the $40 also comes with 90 days affinity and credit booster, neither of which are exclusive. So much cheaper than that, actually.

42 minutes ago, -ZeroStar- said:

I mean seriously, how can you even equate donating to hungry orphans to a vacation.......  That's just sick

I know. Who would donate money to orphans when you could go on a cruise instead? That's disgusting.

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

Erh? The exclusives are what, $40? Where do you get the other $100 from? Plus the $40 also comes with 90 days affinity and credit booster, neither of which are exclusive. So much cheaper than that, actually.

I know. Who would donate money to orphans when you could go on a cruise instead? That's disgusting.

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

$140

It's like it's posted right on their own site or something...

Stop trolling... Bad enough already...  Feeding those in need doesn't equate to taking a vacation no matter how you slice it, you're both just making yourselves look stupid... 

47 minutes ago, -ZeroStar- said:

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

$140

It's like it's posted right on their own site or something...

Stop trolling... Bad enough already...  Feeding those in need doesn't equate to taking a vacation no matter how you slice it, you're both just making yourselves look stupid... 

The exclusives are only the prime accessories. That cost $40. With 90 days boosters.

$140 is for the full package, which doesn't include any other exclusives. Zephyr Prime, Kronen Prime and Tiberon Prime are not exclusive, they can all be obtained in game.

Plus you get 4000 platinum. Which is actually what you are paying for. That alone normally costs $200. So the $140 is a pretty good deal.

Edited by rune_me

Withing the past two weeks since onslaught got released, I think it is safe to say that I ran it (regular difficulty) at least 100 times so far (that does not include the elite one) and I got from it the following:

11 Khora Chassis

6 Khora Neuroptics

5 Khora Blueprints

12 Corpus Ship Freight Scene

6 Grineer Sealab Scene

6 Grineer Settlement Artillery

a multitude of relics of course (too numerous and tedious to list them all but they could easily total to over 100 since those are the most frequent drops along with endo).

But... after all this... no systems for Khora 😠. So what gives DE? What happened to just doing a quest like Titania or Chroma to get the parts? I miss those days. Now it's just the lazy approach of play the same exact mission, over and over again, like a zombie, until the new game mode gets so boring and dry that even if you finally get everything, you no longer feel rewarded. The grind drains all the fun out of it. What is the point of bragging about a new (and horribly buggy on release) frame if it is going to be so hard to get for some of us who's Warframe has not woken up on the right side of the RNG bed?

Honestly, once I get what I need from both onslaughts, I am no longer playing it. There is just no point in it. You can just save me the trouble and give me the systems and two vandals now and I can be done with onslaught all together.

I have been playing Warframe for three years now and it is clear to me that your RNG is killing the game. I do not even need new content on a regular basis. Just want all the drop rate for mods and parts across the entire game to be dramatically improved. That is all it would take to make me want to play several already existing missions. Just fix what you already have instead of rushing in to toss us another bone and several of us will be much more appreciative of your efforts.

On 2018-04-30 at 12:22 PM, Buff00n said:

However, if all you know is the average then all you can say is whether some number is above or below it.  It doesn't offer any meaningful information about how likely you are to be close to the average, or how "far" above or below the average a number is.  You don't know the *distribution* without both the average and some idea of the variance or deviation.  The 90% confidence line gives this to you for the upper end of the distribution in an easy to understand form.

You've done an excellent job explaining this, repeatedly, to a crowd that has a somewhat Trumpian view of maths/facts.

With a coin flip you can say the expected average number of flips to get a heads is 2, with 90% confidence at 4 flips, and 99% confidence at 7 flips.  One in a hundred people flipping a coin will take seven or more flips to get a heads.  Expected values and percent confidence levels are real tools statisticians use to put meaningful numbers on something that technically has no guarantees.

Again.

Edited by (XB1)mickeyjuiceman

On 2018-05-03 at 6:28 AM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

No, Warframe has never been about being something -everyone- likes equally.  It IS, however, a game meant to have something FOR everyone.  DIFFERENT tastes for DIFFERENT players and playstyles.  That's all.

If people are divided, that's perfectly fine.  Some people like Conclave still, and some don't.  Personally, I don't mind it, nor do I have issue with Archwing.  I quite like it. 

Also, do not state that you are going to recite "facts", then follow it up with opinions.

You have no solid evidence of number of supporters for either side (not that it would matter if you did).
Your OPINION on the rewards is only an opinion.  I, for one, WELCOME an "endless horde". 

If you haven't gotten the good side of RNG yet, keep trying.  Or don't.  That's your choice...but stop trying to convince us it should also be ours.  We can make our own choices, thanks.

You're very welcome. I'm happy to hear you like onslaught. Your points of view have been taken on board. Have a nice day. :)

On 2018-05-04 at 3:15 AM, BladeRambler said:

I don't understand the impatience here. The game mode just came out and it's way better than Defection which was our last new mission type besides the Plains.

Don't forget the first rule of Warframe is to combine farms and don't burn out focusing on one item at a time. I like regular Onslaught: I use it to simultaneously level gear, gain focus with already-leveled gear, acquire relics/endo (which I can convert to plat easily) and eventually get Khora. It's essentially the same mechanic as survival, but it's much more focused and ramps-up the difficulty (and fun!) much faster.

Also, I will never go to Hydron or Akkad again and snooze through another defense while I'm forma-ing gear, so that alone is worth it.

I think as it stands it's not really about the impatience when it comes to what you're talking about. I think the biggest gripe most have with Onslaught, regular or hardcore, is that is doesn't really offer anything special.

The WFPC asked DE for something challenging for those of us who are high end late game players. But onslaught doesn't seem to be what the majority of them asked for. There's no resources, no credits, just exp and focus. And for those of us who don't need exp and focus, it's a pointless addition. On top of that, the best rewards it drops are endo and relics, and a lot of late game players have relics coming out of their ears.

1 hour ago, Saratheia said:

The WFPC asked DE for something challenging for those of us who are high end late game players. But onslaught doesn't seem to be what the majority of them asked for. There's no resources, no credits, just exp and focus. And for those of us who don't need exp and focus, it's a pointless addition. On top of that, the best rewards it drops are endo and relics, and a lot of late game players have relics coming out of their ears.

You don't need resources or credits in endgame either. I have 10's of millions of credits. I don't think I've been below 10 million since I was MR 15. And I have never, ever farmed for credits (I have never played index, except for the Nidus quest where you had to). And except for the hard to get resources (nitain/cryotic/kuva) I have never been short of resources in this game, ever. 

Giving those as rewards for "endgame" content would be a joke.

19 hours ago, SteverHD said:

What is this? Me and a friend have about 70 run´s for the Khora Blueprint and we still haven´t her.... 😞 We got now about 11 Chassis, 9 Neuroptic and 5 Systeme.... Please Please Change the drop Chance of her... 

PS: You guy´s have more than 70 runs until you got the bp?

FYI: I finally got it after 60 runs.  There's my data point.  It puts me in the unluckiest 6% of players.  70+ runs puts you somewhere in the unluckiest 4%.  Roughly 1 in 20 will have similar experiences to us.

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

No. I had all parts in 8 runs.

8 runs puts you in the luckiest 11%.  Congrats!  Roughly 9 out of every 10 players will take longer than that.

8 hours ago, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

You've done an excellent job explaining this, repeatedly, to a crowd that has a somewhat Trumpian view of maths/facts.

I don't really see it that way.  Statistics and probability can be hard to wrap your head around regardless of your background, and it's always colored by your individual experience.  I'll admit that I probably wouldn't have taken the time to run the numbers as thoroughly as I did if I hadn't experienced bad luck with Khora.

4 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

8 runs puts you in the luckiest 11%.  Congrats!  Roughly 9 out of every 10 players will take longer than that.

Well, only for Khora. And I was pretty lucky with Gara as well. But you should have seen me trying to get that last Harrow part. I'm pretty sure I was easily in 5% of unlickiest players part. I don't even know how many defection missions I did. I stopped counting after 50, but I ran many more than that.

I think as it stands it's not really about the impatience when it comes to what you're talking about. I think the biggest gripe most have with Onslaught, regular or hardcore, is that is doesn't really offer anything special.

What does getting the challenge have to do with what it drops?  Getting the reward isn't the challenge.  The actual CHALLENGE is the challenge.  They gave us an all-out horde fight that escalates much faster, like we asked, with a leaderboard type setup to compete for supremacy.  This is literally what people nagged about.  DE did it.  Now y'all want more.  

If it is meant to be ENDGAME content, ya know...for "vets" that already "have everything" ...then tell me what they COULD add to the drop tables that would even matter to those "endgamers"?  

The mode itself is the gift from DE.  Just...stop. 

31 minutes ago, rune_me said:

You don't need resources or credits in endgame either. I have 10's of millions of credits. I don't think I've been below 10 million since I was MR 15. And I have never, ever farmed for credits (I have never played index, except for the Nidus quest where you had to). And except for the hard to get resources (nitain/cryotic/kuva) I have never been short of resources in this game, ever. 

Giving those as rewards for "endgame" content would be a joke.

Did you take into consideration that perhaps not everyone has mass amounts of credits and resources like you? I myself am only MR 10. And the most I've ever had credit wise is 3 mil, which quickly went when I ranked up some primed mods. Took a lot of endo and most of my credits.

Just remember every other persons experience of Warframe will be entirely different from your own.

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

What does getting the challenge have to do with what it drops?  Getting the reward isn't the challenge.  The actual CHALLENGE is the challenge.  They gave us an all-out horde fight that escalates much faster, like we asked, with a leaderboard type setup to compete for supremacy.  This is literally what people nagged about.  DE did it.  Now y'all want more.  

If it is meant to be ENDGAME content, ya know...for "vets" that already "have everything" ...then tell me what they COULD add to the drop tables that would even matter to those "endgamers"?  

The mode itself is the gift from DE.  Just...stop. 

I don't think you've paid attention to what this thread really is about. Or at least some of the key points. Onslaught is a good idea, but it's far from what we asked for. We wanted something with a challenge, and playing onslaught just isn't a challenge. Possibly it is if you go into higher level zones, but at the end of the day, people will want something worthwhile for doing it. They won't spend hours going up to, hypothetically, Zone 25 in Onslaught hardcore mode to only get a bunch of uneeded relics from it.

But the overall point I've tried to make isn't  about onslaught itself, it's about the painfully low drop chance for Khora. I was hoping Khora was going to have her own quest, like Gara, so I was disappointed when she didn't get one. I still gave onslaught a chance, but two weeks of grinding later, all I have to show for it in terms of acquiring Khora is six chassis BP's and dozens of everything else from captura scenes to useless relics.

5 minutes ago, Saratheia said:

Did you take into consideration that perhaps not everyone has mass amounts of credits and resources like you? I myself am only MR 10. And the most I've ever had credit wise is 3 mil, which quickly went when I ranked up some primed mods. Took a lot of endo and most of my credits.

Just remember every other persons experience of Warframe will be entirely different from your own.

If you need more credits, use Index.  There's a gamemode FOR that.  Don't be mad that you can't get it all in one place.  That's not the point.  In fact, DE specifically tries to AVOID creating nodes like that.  

Need Credits? Farm Index.  
Need Plat?  Farm Rare Mods/Prime Parts.
Need Relics? Etc etc

Want to just let loose and kill the hordes?  There's Onslaught.

3 minutes ago, Saratheia said:

Of course. But you should remember the same. You were the one who said:

I think the biggest gripe most have with Onslaught, regular or hardcore, is that is doesn't really offer anything special.

And:

There's no resources, no credits, just exp and focus.

You made the assumption that credits and resources were better rewards (or more "special") than what is currently being offered. But I need focus, and relics, and even endo, much much more than I have ever needed credits or resources. Not everyone has mass amounts of focus either.

Besides, you already have a place to farm credits: the index. There's no need to add another.

Just think of onslaught as the place to farm focus, in the same way you think of the index as the place to farm credit.

3 minutes ago, Saratheia said:

I don't think you've paid attention to what this thread really is about. Or at least some of the key points. Onslaught is a good idea, but it's far from what we asked for. We wanted something with a challenge, and playing onslaught just isn't a challenge. Possibly it is if you go into higher level zones, but at the end of the day, people will want something worthwhile for doing it. They won't spend hours going up to, hypothetically, Zone 25 in Onslaught hardcore mode to only get a bunch of uneeded relics from it.

But the overall point I've tried to make isn't  about onslaught itself, it's about the painfully low drop chance for Khora. I was hoping Khora was going to have her own quest, like Gara, so I was disappointed when she didn't get one. I still gave onslaught a chance, but two weeks of grinding later, all I have to show for it in terms of acquiring Khora is six chassis BP's and dozens of everything else from captura scenes to useless relics.

I will absolutely go to Zone 25 for the hell of it!  Don't presume that everyone needs THINGS to enjoy the EXPERIENCE.  I fight the masses because it's -fun-.  It's what got me into Warframe.  Not the "rewards".  I've currently got more "rewards" than I know what to do with.  I just wanted a place to USE them.  Enter Onslaught.

A quest would be cool, and there sorta is a low-key plot for her....but understand this: The writing team is working hard on trying to get The Sacrifice out.  That's a major quest.  Khora was meant to be just a fun tidbit to tide us over and introduce new mechanics, but Damage 2.5 got scrapped.  They went back to work on her, but us adoring and understanding fans just kept putting pressure on DE to put her out.  We see it, and we want it yesterday...Which is a shame.  That being said, the more they work on quests for things like Khora, the less they spend on the MAIN cinematic quests.

Khora may be your CURRENT priority, but it isn't DE's main focus.

But I digress, play Onslaught for the onslaught of enemies (almost like they named it for a reason! :O).