The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wukong... any use at all?

jmthebigman

Question

Only if you enjoy using Primal Fury.

But considering it's subpar compared to melee, there's actually 0 objective use for Wukong. And it kills my soul to say that.

And before anyone says how wonderful Defy is, it really isn't. If you want invincibility use Rhino or something, can be just as tanky for 95% of the games content and buff your damage.

Oh look, it's all the people saying how wonderful Defy is. How surprising. :crylaugh:

It's comments like this that stop frames getting the reworks they deserve. (I might be slightly exaggerating).

Is Defy good? Yes.

Is it a million times better than Nidus's or Rhino's ability to tank? No.

Do Nidus and Rhino have better kits that actually benefit melee play more? Yes. Does Defy's superior tanking make up for that? No. Stop.

Edited by DeMonkey

il y a 3 minutes, jmthebigman a dit :

considering he got hit once again with a synergy nerf...

That's called a fix. It happens when something is bugged or unintentional.

He's still immortal which is... The only thing he can do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Only if you enjoy using Primal Fury.

But considering it's subpar compared to melee, there's actually 0 objective use for Wukong. And it kills my soul to say that.

And before anyone says how wonderful Defy is, it really isn't. If you want invincibility use Rhino or something, can be just as tanky for 95% of the games content and buff your damage.

But tbh I prefer to use Wukong over Rhino if I want to do some hours of Mot Melee 😄

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That's called a fix. It happens when something is bugged or unintentional.

He's still immortal which is... The only thing he can do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still calling this one a synergy nerf, not making it a 1 trick pony and do more than something that gets beaten by regular melee...

Just now, Kyoresh said:

But tbh I prefer to use Wukong over Rhino if I want to do some hours of Mot Melee 😄

As do I, but that's because I like Primal Fury.

Rhino is simply better. With just a bit more effort you can be just as unkillable in the realms of ''blanaced'' content (both will have to recast occasionally to stay alive) however Rhino can more than double his damage output and he's substantially more mobile than Wukong.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

As do I, but that's because I like Primal Fury.

Rhino is simply better. With just a bit more effort you can be just as unkillable in the realms of ''blanaced'' content (both will have to recast occasionally to stay alive) however Rhino can more than double his damage output and he's substantially more mobile than Wukong.

True, but with a nice CO Zaw it doesnt matter that muc, even without Primal Fury.

Edited by Kyoresh

3 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

True, but with a nice CO Zaw it doesnt matter that much 🙂

Ofc it does :P

More damage is more damage, more mobility is more mobility. Rhino does both better whilst being similarly tanky. I won't say you can't play Wukong, always happy to hear that people play him. He's just has no use in this game besides having the easiest possible immortality.

Not really much of a point to brag if I'm honest. :thinking:

2 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Wukong's only niche - Using Defy to survive being in range of a Zaw dagger's Exodia Contagion projectile

That got nerfed fixed as well.

Edited by DeMonkey

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Ofc it does 😛

More damage is more damage, more mobility is more mobility. Rhino does both better whilst being similarly tanky. I won't say you can't play Wukong, always happy to hear that people play him. He's just has no use in this game besides having the easiest possible immortality.

Not really much of a point to brag if I'm honest.

That got nerfed as well.

Well, then it doesn't matter in my playstyle 😉

Maybe its just because I refuse to play Rhino as much as possible.

Got a notification for DeMonkey posting here, then read topic name.  Said to myself, "Oh this is gonna be good."  Grabbed my popcorn before clicking the link to read.  

Dang it!  A civilized discussion is what I find here.  I'm both happy and sad at this.  Happy because it's civil.  Yet sad because It's civil.  :clem:  

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

And to make it worse, if all his other abilities suck, what's the point of being immortal ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

I find him pretty decent tbh, it allows you to solo most stuff including most sorties, cloud walker is pretty decent for spy missions as well, primal fury will open their attackers to finishers which means you can pretty much kill anyone way passed sortie level 

Defy is great as well if you build for duration, much easier to control than Iron Skin IMO

Also, it is easily obtainable, I personally dont see many cons tbh.

He's the best tank in the game. If you're looking to get up close to enemies with no penalties whatsoever, he's your frame. Sure his 1 and 4 are meh, but I don't think that can be fixed given melee weapons are so op atm and will surpass basically everything else. He could use some new combos tho, the current ones are annoying to pull off. 

2 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Maybe its just because I refuse to play Rhino as much as possible.

I feel ya, I remember back when I started it was in the middle of the Rhino + Galatine Meta. I saw so many people using it that I told myself that I wouldn't partake, where's the fun in being yet another drone doing the same thing? So I avoided even building basic Rhino for like, 6 months after I started.

I find him fairly enjoyable now, but I can understand not wanting to play a frame.

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Got a notification for DeMonkey posting here, then read topic name.  Said to myself, "Oh this is gonna be good."  Grabbed my popcorn before clicking the link to read.  

Dang it!  A civilized discussion is what I find here.  I'm both happy and sad at this.  Happy because it's civil.  Yet sad because It's civil.  :clem:  

I'm hurt. I'm not always an arsehole to people.

Gosh. :angel:

1 minute ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I find him pretty decent tbh, it allows you to solo most stuff including most sorties, cloud walker is pretty decent for spy missions as well

Any frame can solo a Sortie. Cloud Walker whilst useful for spy missions is overshadowed by basically anyone with invisibility, and potentially even the Operator itself when you've put some work into focus.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

primal fury will open their attackers to finishers which means you can pretty much kill anyone way passed sortie level 

It does not.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

Defy is great as well if you build for duration, much easier to control than Iron Skin IMO

They're just as easy to control if you use the Iron Skin Augment. Iron Skin doesn't stop you gaining energy from Zenuirk/Trinity, and it protects you from status effects like knockdowns. Defy doesn't.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

What was changed?

Iron Vault no longer adds range to Glaive Explosions. No more Wukong Nuking.

Because obviously Nukes in this game are just completely unacceptable, heaven forbid DE would give a frame a Nuke.

No no. 100% interactive abilities in this game. :clem:

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Or just Limbo

Or just Limbo indeed.

You'd really think with how much of a Wukong fanboy I am it would be me defending Wukong with irrational arguments and blatant nonsense... Curious that.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I feel ya, I remember back when I started it was in the middle of the Rhino + Galatine Meta. I saw so many people using it that I told myself that I wouldn't partake, where's the fun in being yet another drone doing the same thing? So I avoided even building basic Rhino for like, 6 months after I started.

I find him fairly enjoyable now, but I can understand not wanting to play a frame.

I'm hurt. I'm not always an arsehole to people.

Gosh. :angel:

Any frame can solo a Sortie. Cloud Walker whilst useful for spy missions is overshadowed by basically anyone with invisibility, and potentially even the Operator itself when you've put some work into focus.

It does not.

They're just as easy to control if you use the Iron Skin Augment. Iron Skin doesn't stop you gaining energy from Zenuirk/Trinity, and it protects you from status effects like knockdowns. Defy doesn't.

Apologies I didnt make myself clear, it does open them up to finishers if you use a ground slam, or if you use an arcane, and puts 2400% finisher damage when it does, I just tested this to be certain.

Didnt say he was the best at spy, I said he is decent, better than most non stealth frames. And I neither said it was better than Rhino skin, I said it is easier to control, which is great since it is a really cheap frame to build and requires little forma, meaning that any entry level player can pretty much solo everything easily. 

Put it this way, a less skilled player can use Wukong without very little experience and very little forma. 

Are there better frames out there, yeah, doesnt mean he is useles like the OP implied.

3 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

Are there better frames out there, yeah, doesnt mean he is useles like the OP implied.

No, he's not useless, but in his current place, he's just a worse version of Ash (as in selfish frame, which is fine, but poorly executed in the former's case). He needs serious attention, but DE didn't even say his name during the mass rework at the beginning of this year. If they're ever going to touch him, it's going to be a week before his Prime Access drops.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

Didnt say he was the best at spy, I said he is decent, better than most non stealth frames.

He is definitely not good in spy compared to even most non stealth frame. He has 0.95 sprint speed, and cloudwalk will actually alert the guard instead of helping with being invisible.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

Apologies I didnt make myself clear, it does open them up to finishers if you use a ground slam, or if you use an arcane, and puts 2400% finisher damage when it does, I just tested this to be certain.

Right... But this is by no means unique to Primal Fury. Virtually any melee weapon will knockdown on a ground slam. I don't see how this is something to tote about as if it makes the ability good.

Didnt say he was the best at spy, I said he is decent, better than most non stealth frames. And I neither said it was better than Rhino skin, I said it is easier to control, which is great since it is a really cheap frame to build and requires little forma, meaning that any entry level player can pretty much solo everything easily. 

I didn't say you said he was the best at spy. He's not even decent at spy tbh.

I also didn't say you said it was better than Iron Skin. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

OP didn't imply he was useless. Are you reading the same posts I am, because you seem to be reading things that don't exist?

No, the only one saying Wukong is actually useless is me. Because he is, from a non subjective standpoint. 

His tanking whilst easier is still only really just as good as a Frame like Rhino's or Nidus's in the realms of ''balanced'' content. Rendering comments bragging about it, fairly ignorant.

Yes, he can tank easily. But other frames with a bit of effort can tank just as well and they do soooooo much more than just tank.

I find your comment regarding Wukong being ''cheap to build'' fairly humourous. Rhino is cheap to build, Wukong requires Nitain.

Edited by DeMonkey

3 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

and puts 2400% finisher damage when it does, I just tested this to be certain.

To add on to the above post, Hysteria provides a 6400% Finisher damage bonus. and Exalted Blade 3200%, both incredibly higher than Primal Fury's.

Edited by LazerSkink

vor 20 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:

Iron Vault no longer adds range to Glaive Explosions. No more Wukong Nuking.

Because obviously Nukes in this game are just completely unacceptable, heaven forbid DE would give a frame a Nuke.

No no. 100% interactive abilities in this game. :clem:

Or just Limbo indeed.

You'd really think with how much of a Wukong fanboy I am it would be me defending Wukong with irrational arguments and blatant nonsense... Curious that.

Ah that one.... welp it was only a matter of time 😅

What's the issue with primal fury btw? Primal Rage gives it some insane base for the gladiator passive to scale off...

May just be me but i sure won't complain about maiming strike kinda numbers on normal melee combo strikes... especially on a frame that's as people have mentioned literally unkillable.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108