Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*gasp* youre required to actively play this game?

Loviam

Personaly ive been playing solo because i got sick of seeing 1-2 people in public missions just sit at the defence point and eather do nothing but run around killing nothing or just use some cheese power -cough banshees,or embers 4- to me sitting in one spot using nothing but the same ability and just spamming energy pizzas between waves is just sad.
And i like playing solo its more of a challenge expecally when you can do 40 mins - 1 hour + runs by yourself

hace 17 minutos, Sitchrea dijo:

That's not true and you know it. That's the exact opposite of everything DE has said and done for the past five years.

IMO, investors behind technical team have been watching at numbers (streamings are reliable on this) and they have taken a decission: we have to change the game, make a new one, to be able to say that "hey we a have a new product, come to see us!!". And i understand this and to them, but by doing it so they are "harassing" their actual playerbase which is pretty comfortable with the game as it is now. 

So now we have a melee rework incoming that is mainly a nerf (im sorry to use that word because not everyone will agree) which is gonna create a new game for sure, because melee fight is really useful and common right now, not just spin2win, which not too much people use. Do they really care about spin2win? No, at all, thats only an excuse to modify the game from its actual most used characteristic. 

I think Damage 2.5 was part of that new game, but the players slowed it down. Wonder if its gonna happen again with the melee rework...

5 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

IMO, investors behind technical team have been watching at numbers (streamings are reliable on this) and they have taken a decission: we have to change the game, make a new one, to be able to say that "hey we a have a new product, come to see us!!". And i understand this and to them, but by doing it so they are "harassing" their actual playerbase which is pretty comfortable with the game as it is now. 

That is total conjecture. Where on earth did you get that information?

Justo ahora, Sitchrea dijo:

That is total conjecture. Where on earth did you get that information?

Mmmm, i have eyes, and a wonderful brain, which i love to use. Streamings since PoE release have gone down, there is less people interested in Warframe, maybe also less people playing. This new model of game based in quests and large contents leaves time between releases, the time used by the devs to create the content, and that time is somehow having a effect in the game. I wouldnt say its a negative effect, but somehow it is. The old game model based in regular events hold the playerbase much more. "Time" is in the end the key factor, time between releases and between events, pretty different.

7 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Mmmm, i have eyes, and a wonderful brain, which i love to use. Streamings since PoE release have gone down, there is less people interested in Warframe, maybe also less people playing. This new model of game based in quests and large contents leaves time between releases, the time used by the devs to create the content, and that time is somehow having a effect in the game. I wouldnt say its a negative effect, but somehow it is. The old game model based in regular events hold the playerbase much more. "Time" is in the end the key factor, time between releases and between events, pretty different.

What are you talking about? Stream schedules haven't changed in years, Warframe has been in the top 10 games on Steam for just as long, and we've gotten updates every week - and several hotfixes in between. DE hasn't been holding events because they create story for the game no one will ever experience again, and that comes directly from the Design Director's mouth. Beyond this, Warframe still has events, they've just become systematic in their reintroduction. Plague Star? Ghouls? Fomorians and Razorbacks? All previous events brought back by DE via recurring systems. DE currently has three major updates they are working on - the Venus open zone, The Sacrifice, and one still unnamed project. 

However you came to the conclusion that some unheard-of investors don't like Warframe's direction because they haven't held events in a while isn't just conjecture, it's just plain wrong. DE's stated why they changed the way they run events, which I said above. 

Also, don't talk about having a "wonderful brain..." It doesn't help your credibility.

Justo ahora, Sitchrea dijo:

What are you talking about? Stream schedules haven't changed in years, Warframe has been in the top 10 games on Steam for just as long, and we've gotten updates every week - and several hotfixes in between. DE hasn't been holding events because they create story for the game no one will ever experience again, and that comes directly from the Design Director's mouth. Beyond this, Warframe still has events, they've just become systematic in their reintroduction. Plague Star? Ghouls? Fomorians and Razorbacks? All previous events brought back by DE via recurring systems. DE currently has three major updates they are working on - the Venus open zone, The Sacrifice, and one still unnamed project. 

However you came to the conclusion that some unheard-of investors don't like Warframe's direction because they haven't held events in a while isn't just conjecture, it's just plain wrong. DE's stated why they changed the way they run events, which I said above. 

Also, don't talk about having a "wonderful brain..." It doesn't help your credibility.

The brain mention was sarcasm xd 

Let me point something... "DE hasn't been holding events because...", and not too much later you say "Beyond this, Warframe STILL has events". This is not coherent, simply does not make sense. Does Warframe holds events? Not as they did in the past, so it means that the game model changed, time ago. And as i said the time is a key factor. They think they need a new game, with new mechanics, to make people interested about it. And its perfectly understandable, i do understand it, but i wonder how it will affect to the actual playerbase, thats what really concerns to me. 

1 minute ago, XzWasPzX said:

The brain mention was sarcasm xd 

Let me point something... "DE hasn't been holding events because...", and not too much later you say "Beyond this, Warframe STILL has events". This is not coherent, simply does not make sense. Does Warframe holds events? Not as they did in the past, so it means that the game model changed, time ago. And as i said the time is a key factor. They think they need a new game, with new mechanics, to make people interested about it. And its perfectly understandable, i do understand it, but i wonder how it will affect to the actual playerbase, thats what really concerns to me. 

Now you're just pulling at straws. You knew what I meant.

DE doesn't think they need a new game. They're artists. They iterate. The Creative Director said so in his interview on War With Art. Steve, and most assuredly the other Directors, love the creative freedom they have with Warframe and strive to make it better. Steve has said time and time again that he is never afraid of ordering a complete rip-up of the foundations of a system if it will better the game. This is what they did with Plains of Eidolon, War Within, Second Dream, Movement, Archwing, Melee 2.0, and Mods. Warframe is a game built on iteration since before it even released. 

And a quick look at the Steam charts shows Warframe competes with GTA 5 for the 5th/6th most played game in the world on Steam. Warframe also reached #3 most played game with the release of the Plains of Eidolon, even being featured in Time Square in New York City. Warframe is the most popular it has ever been because it has innovated time and time and time again.

Melee 3.0 is only the next step in Warframe's continuous evolution. There is nothing new about its current development.

15 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Please tell me how Turret Saryn was setting it and forgetting it? From my experience, you'd need to be actively putting spores on her molt since enemies kept hitting it. And anyone who used it was always playing the effing game. God you people love making everyone out who used a play style you didn't to be an AFKer. It's annoying on so many levels. 

it wasn't pure afk

but hiding in corner, planting a molt, shooting it once every 5 seconds with your torid and mashing the 1 button while popping energy restores/zenurik ain't real, engaging gameplay.