Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash is being applied but doesn't proc bleed...

(XBOX)That1Turtle xIx

Question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

I'm betting that the weapon has a low status chance, so the bleed proc just doesn't occur.

There's nothing wrong with the game, just a bit of a misunderstanding on your part of the game's mechanics.
Not a huge issue by any measure, and something that could have answered in chat without much vitriol.

if he's seeing the slash icon then surely it's proccing right?  otherwise it would just show the number.  

You could still add more information, especially since this is a repost.

1: What enemy were you hitting?

2: What weapon were you using?

3: How much slash damage and status chance have you modded it for?

I'm betting that the weapon has a low status chance, so the bleed proc just doesn't occur.

There's nothing wrong with the game, just a bit of a misunderstanding on your part of the game's mechanics.
Not a huge issue by any measure, and something that could have answered in chat without much vitriol.

Inaros and statue in sands of inarosfinal boss fight as well as multiple corpus, infected, and grineer missions yesterday. My bleed effects were procing with the same exact mods while fighting the previous fight against the rock golems aside from the Hunters Munition ive added to it since. Dealing around 5k slash damage using the Vulkar (not at xbox currently but i think this is the name of the sniper) but during the golem fight the bleed was procing every time slash was applied and this was going on for an hour. And yes i am trying to learn if there is something im missing please inform me. When i said what more should i tell you it was meant literally.

Edited by (XB1)That1Turtle xIx

those Golems are probably immune to Status (i.e. flagged as Bosses).
if you're getting DoT's for 0 that means the Enemy is immune to the Damage in some way.

but you haven't clearly described what your situations are, we're still confused.
you say 5000 Slash Damage but Vulkar doesn't have Slash Damage so i assume you mean Slash Status for 5000? in what situations is it working and what situations not?

43 minutes ago, NaoEthelia said:

Certain enemies are immune to Slash Proc, for example MOAs and Ospreys. Presumably, the guardian is immune to Slash proc as well. This might be why it doesn't show up.

I understand that but i am seeing the slash being applied and proccing but no bleed following.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)That1Turtle xIx said:

I understand that but i am seeing the slash being applied and proccing but no bleed following.

Yes, that's how it works. The slash proc is applied, but you will not see any bleed followed after. This is how it works for robotic enemies as well.