The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please nuke "Nuke" Trinity

Tenno.Rukasu

Why players still try to 'cheese'? If Warframe is too hard for you, just play another game. Those Castanas Trinity's are extremely annoying. Where's the fun in jumping and throwing Castanas in the floor? "Hey, look at me, I'm 'nuking' whole map. Godly!" Any child, literally a child, can do that. I tested with my 7 years old nephew. There are clearly something wrong with that mod. Aviator damage reduction calculation is surpassing the 90% cap. Don't need to change Link or the mod, just make sure there's a damage reduction limit.

Just remembering, Trinity is a support frame, can heal, give you infinite energy, damage reduction and a  melee goddess. Don't screw that. Please. 

18 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

Why players still try to 'cheese'? If Warframe is too hard for you, just play another game. Those Castanas Trinity's are extremely annoying. Where's the fun in jumping and throwing Castanas in the floor? "Hey, look at me, I'm 'nuking' whole map. Godly!" Any child, literally a child, can do that. I tested with my 7 years old nephew. There are clearly something wrong with that mod. Aviator damage reduction calculation is surpassing the 90% cap. Don't need to change Link or the mod, just make sure there's a damage reduction limit.

Just remembering, Trinity is a support frame, can heal, give you infinite energy, damage reduction and a  melee goddess. Don't screw that. Please. 

While I agree with you, its not really the mods fault. Its an issue with Trinity's Link. 

Either way, DE has already said they're going to be addressing this issue, so calm your farm, its already in the process of happening.

3 minutes ago, kotex073 said:

So and why should they nerf the mod ? because of all warframes there is one that make use of it that you don't like ?

Mod can keep 40% damage reduction, the fact is that is surpassing the 90% cap of the game making Trinity literally imortal. There was a time before blocking 2.0 where you could use Reflex Guard mod and be invincible just standing still. That was changed by the  introduction of damage reduction by type of weapon. I changed my build and didn't complain about it. I think DE is right about that. But the rule isn't applying to that mod.

the problem is not about cheesing, but about the sanctuary being broken.

The efficiency required to progress is way higher than the enemy spawn sometimes and being able to raise it by 4-5% every "nuke" with trinity is one of the few ways we have to keep going after wave 8.

Also, what is the difference from a banshee spamming 4 or an equinox or a saryn (expecially the new one) ? 

Do not like it ? neither do i, but i use it because we need it. do not criticize who is actually using it for a purpose.

Just now, NLukaz said:

Mod can keep 40% damage reduction, the fact is that is surpassing the 90% cap

Are you actually aware that with aviator we also use diamond skin, otherwise we still die while doing the trick, right?

2 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Are you actually aware that with aviator we also use diamond skin, otherwise we still die while doing the trick, right?

add the fact that if you timed it wrong, ur dead. 

how is this cheese? its a synergy within those things, the mod, the weapon and the frame itself. Its not that game-breaking. You can only kill 3 at a time

it's not "NUKING" the whole map. Its nuking enemies THREE AT A TIME. 

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

>throwin castanas into the floor - cheese, nerf

>Trinity is a support frame, can heal, give you infinite energy, damage reduction and a  melee goddess. Don't screw that. Please.

FNwhM6uC.jpeg

28 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

Edited by Pro3Display
quoted into the spoiler for reference just in case

Just now, NLukaz said:

Trick don't work without Aviator.

And the trick don't work without Diamond skin. they are both needed. 

Now wipe away those tears. Just because you can't be the star of the show it doesn't mean that you are bad or anything. 

When you find one of those trinities nothing prevents you to leave, i assure you that there are players that in fact enjoy the fact that they have such a trinity and accept the carry. 

I mean, you don't have to work, maybe give her a little zenurik dash to help.  Apart from " i wanna kill them wueeewueee" i do not see the problem.. you even get focus and exp. bah.

To conclude this weeping post, it is clear that trinity will be nerfed, but not this mod.

in my opinion, they will simply remove self damage from Link. Easy fix, nothing can break, trinity stills own the supports etc etc etc. 

this entire topic does not make sense.

10 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

Mod can keep 40% damage reduction, the fact is that is surpassing the 90% cap of the game making Trinity literally imortal. There was a time before blocking 2.0 where you could use Reflex Guard mod and be invincible just standing still. That was changed by the  introduction of damage reduction by type of weapon. I changed my build and didn't complain about it. I think DE is right about that. But the rule isn't applying to that mod.

Ask you're 7y old nephew to read my post because you missing my point completely.

Why players still try to 'cheese'? If Warframe is too hard for you, just play another game. Those [MAIMING STRIKES] are extremely annoying. Where's the fun in [SLIDING] and [RED-CRITS] in the floor? "Hey, look at me, I'm 'nuking' whole map. Godly!" Any child, literally a child, can do that. I tested with my 7 years old nephew. There are clearly something wrong with that mod. 

Just now, Kyryo said:

To conclude this weeping post, it is clear that trinity will be nerfed, but not this mod.

in my opinion, they will simply remove self damage from Link. Easy fix, nothing can break, trinity stills own the supports etc etc etc. 

this entire topic does not make sense.

I was also thinking this was what they were going to do with self damage not working on enemies, really is the easiest fix.

why'd you want to nerf trin's link? You know that the combo works with Abathing Link only for it to deal massive damage, right? 

so the way you think for the synergy to be nerf (just because) is to destroy the frame entirely? And just stick to supporting? 

-- the whole combo requires the following: 

Aviator
Diamond Skin
Abathing Link
Castanas 
(possibly, a riven to increase castanas' damage) 
smooth jumping skills 

it requires 4 components for it to work. 

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

3 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Now wipe away those tears. Just because you can't be the star of the show it doesn't mean that you are bad or anything. 

Clem, I wish this 'argument' could just wither and die once and for all. It's not about kill count, it never has been. Plenty of builds are always going to dominate the mission summary screen and nobody sensible is concerned about it. 

The concern is that people want to actually play the game and contribute to a successful mission. I know you've heard this before unless you picked up the game yesterday. It gets repeated because it's valid.
And please don't tell me that anything goes in public groups and I have no right to whine about it. We shouldn't need to adapt to the lowest common denominator every time we load a mission, we should have the bar raised - something DE agrees with and are actively working on. 

If nothing else this 'build' highlights the design flaws in Onslaught, which sounds (and is) counter-intuitive in light of DE's aforementioned attempts to quell destructive playstyles.
Both Onslaught and self-damage through Link can be fixed, there's neither a point nor a need in nerfing mods - but writing legitimate concerns off as 'jealousy' simply isn't constructive.  

6 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

why'd you want to nerf trin's link? You know that the combo works with Abathing Link only for it to deal massive damage, right? 

so the way you think for the synergy to be nerf (just because) is to destroy the frame entirely? And just stick to supporting? 

-- the whole combo requires the following: 

Aviator
Diamond Skin
Abathing Link
Castanas 
(possibly, a riven to increase castanas' damage) 
smooth jumping skills 

it requires 4 components for it to work. 

There isn't nothing wrong with Trinity. But Aviator mod is surpassing the 90% damage reduction cap. You can create any build, any mod, it won't work without Aviator. 

22 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

Sure, and my nephew. We did a solo run OS Elite, without riven.

so you do know its a bit energy hungry also its a button mashing fiesta. they need to tweak the thing not nerf it and asking for nerfs in a PvE game in my opinion is not healthy. people has the right to choose their playstyle. if you dont like em just leave the session or just play with ur buddies or solo. just a suggestion