Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No kick option?

(XBOX)Kewlf00l

It is BEYOND aggravating having people join the squad and then hide and just receive all of the benefits of the people actually working when we don't even have the option of kicking people out of the squad. How can a game that has been out this long have this kind of oversight?

DE thinking that it will be 'abused' is such a cop-out. You know what will get abused? People joining missions and AFKing.

If you won't give an option to kick people, put in an option to report people for AFK.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Kewlf00l said:

It is BEYOND aggravating having people join the squad and then hide and just receive all of the benefits of the people actually working when we don't even have the option of kicking people out of the squad. How can a game that has been out this long have this kind of oversight?

DE thinking that it will be 'abused' is such a cop-out. You know what will get abused? People joining missions and AFKing.

If you won't give an option to kick people, put in an option to report people for AFK.

Its not a cop-out, The Division has it and its abused by kicking players before rewards, things like that.

There are actually few things in the game to help with that but it isn't an ultimate solution. For example, I think it was in a defense fissure mission. I was with my clan and I had no activity for a wave. I saw a message come up that said something along the lines of not being eligible for a reward due to inactivity.  But yeah, I admit, a report AFK system that maybe starts a timer when you report AFK and if no activity is detected within that time, the player could get kicked from squad might not be a bad idea.

Beyond the AFKers, there's still the Leechers, especially on PoE, that goes their own way doing their activities and waiting for the rest of the squad to clear the objectives and get the rewards.

It would easily get abused in the game if a kick option would be added. Sure, people may actually use it for good use on people that are either trolling or being disrespctful, which is perfectly reasonable, but some people might not use it for good. For example,

Tenno 1: ”Hey, I hate that you’re using Limbo, leave squad and if not, I’m kicking you from squad.”

Tenno 2: “Yeah, if you don’t leave, you’re going to get kicked, leave now.”

Tenno 3: “No, I’m not leaving the squad because I’m using Limbo, I’m just having fun with Limbo, that’s it.”

Tenno 1 and 2 vote to kick out Tenno 3 and get kicks out of the squad for using Limbo, even when they were doing nothing wrong. The point of my example is that it could be easily abused, a kick option should not be added into the game, at all.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

1 minute ago, Xirka said:

Just lure enemies to the afk player, then do not receive them. Easy solution. 

Sadly,some people know places on maps where enemies can't really reach them. Two people AFK'd on me at Akkad waves 11-15,and I ended up having to Abort the mission. I probably could have stayed until I could extract,but I was leveling up the Warframe I was using and so I was still fairly squishy.

Remember, if they put in Kick option, you WILL be kicked from a mission time and time again JUST before the big reward. (Examples, Kuva Flood, Fissures to some extent, and any where else a pre-made squad of three jerks can get their thrills.)

I'm sure though you'll accept that that's just something you have to deal with, and calmly stay away from the Forums and avoid talking about the issue, yeah?

1 minute ago, DSkycroft said:

Sadly,some people know places on maps where enemies can't really reach them. Two people AFK'd on me at Akkad waves 11-15,and I ended up having to Abort the mission. I probably could have stayed until I could extract,but I was leveling up the Warframe I was using and so I was still fairly squishy.

Sometimes switch teleport has its perks.