The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn Reawaken

Oreades

Let me start off by saying that I recently started using Djinn so I absolutely love love love the concept of this mod and it seems to fit Djinn pretty well thematically. 

However the time to respawn (90s at max rank) just seems way too long. Especially for a fast paced game like Warframe, that's a minute and a half, which to me personally feels like it would be a fine unranked timeframe. However for a fully ranked timeframe I would think it would be at least a third of that time, cause even 30 seconds can be a small eternity in Warfame.

Ultimately I picked it up with the initial intent of replacing Primed Regen on my Djinn but the more I think of that delay, the more I feel like I need to keep Primed Regen in my build. Because Primed Regen keeps the Sentinel up more reliably. Unfortunately that doesn't leave any room for Reawaken, which could be a really sweet mod if it didn't have a cooldown wasn't nearly as long.

If it was 30s or sub 30s, which would still be sufficiently inconvenient IMO but at that point I'd definitely work it into my Djinn build.

5 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

The mod should not be required at all!
All sentinels should either have this passively or the mod should not be exclusive to Djinn.

Agreed, this is how regen should work, even though Djinn is my favorite sentinel, it should have some sort of bonus on revive because it does get shot a lot

I am hoping the DE will change this because this is nearly as annoying as how the vacuum is the sentinels privilege. The unlimited revive option for djinn could make it more popular and a viable or only option to the peoples whom want to use sentinels in the battle. 90 sec is not a big deal so anytime your sentinel dies it will revive and fully operate while the other sentinels will die and could look at shady eyes to the djinn. This is a bad change and the regen should work this way.

The issue if that were a passive is it'll make kubrows/ kavats obsolete, if that's the case then give pets vacuum and it'll be even. 

Also yes you can use Primed Regen and Reawaken at the same time. I believe after Regen has been used up then Reawaken applies. So you have 3 quick revives then after that it'll be slow ones. 

5 hours ago, ZeroGenmu said:

The issue if that were a passive is it'll make kubrows/ kavats obsolete, if that's the case then give pets vacuum and it'll be even. 

Also yes you can use Primed Regen and Reawaken at the same time. I believe after Regen has been used up then Reawaken applies. So you have 3 quick revives then after that it'll be slow ones. 

The problem there is that's two mod slots one dedicated to keeping it alive (three times) and one dedicated to maybe resurrecting it before the end of the mission if/when the first mod fails. 

I dunno about everyone else but I'd much rather slather my Sentinels in unique utility mods not redundant mods with diminishing efficiency and increasing niche application. If I'm going to apply Reawakened I'm going to want it to be able to replace Primed Regen.

Thirty seconds would probably be the far edge of my comfort zone for doing so, where as a full minute an thirty seconds is an Uber ride from my comfort zone.

Think about it this way if you are in a mission that takes ~5min and your sentinel dies at the start, it's going to remain dead for 28.88% of the mission. Depending on when it dies it is quite possible that Reawaken isn't going to kick in before the end of the mission. Which means it might as well be dead, tho the same is true if it was only thirty seconds. However in the case of a thirty second timer it is only down for 6.67% of the mission, per death. 

you can fit in reawaken and regen as well as the staple mods. There's not enough "unique" utility mods on sentinels as is. I have medi-ray on mine and that's pretty much the only unique mod I can think of that's worth slotting into a sentinel.

If you lose your sentinel at the beginning of a 5min run something is wrong with your playstyle not the sentinel itself. If it dies in the middle of a 5 min mission chances are you probably won't be needed much of it anyways. At the end of the day it's a 5min mission resources shouldn't really be a priority if they are then endless is where you want to be at and that's where reawaken shines, the mod is meant for those long missions. 

Can't say as there is much in the way of room when you're slathering your Sentinels with misc utility mods. Pretty much all of my sentinels have the same loadout. 

• Sacrifice, even tho I can count the number of times it's actually worked on one hand. Also why doesn't it use the Sanctuary Mod when it starts to rez you.......
  • Sentinel MacGuffin Mod [Investigator, Ammo Case, Molecular Conversion, etc]
  • Guardian
  • Medi-Ray
  • Shield Charger
  • Sanctuary
  • Calculated Redirection because It was mentioned in a stream with a developer that it actually modifies the shields from Sanctuary. I assume that to still be true. 
  • Vacuum because of course
  • Animal Instinct because of course
  • Primed Regen because of course

I've already ditched Calculated Redirection on Djinn because it's the one frame I actually want/need an attack mod on to get the most out of. Can't say as I see plenty of room for switching things up.

As to the whole "if your sentinel dies first thing in the mission then you're doing something wrong".... I was giving them the benefit of the doubt by making the assumption that whatever you where doing had at least 5min left on the clock. Cause most of the hard mission timers are ~5min. 

I can see how it might be redeemable in protracted endless missions but I literally do not care about spending any significant time in an endless mission. So if a mod isn't going to benefit general game play.... I'm not going to use it.... 

Tho I'm not sure why the fact that it might be "OK" in endless missions is a reason to not improve it's functionality in the rest of the game. Because reducing the timer improves it's general usability and has literally no down side for endless play........ so why not both?

90 seconds is a long time...mostly because any mission where your sentinel actually dies... it will likely die again from the same thing as soon as it revives(AoE etc...)

Then you have to do the math on how many revives does it actually need?  Even assuming you use all of the primed regen revives.. the sentinel comes back if your frame revives...not sure if that resets the primed regen count or not..

1 hour ago, FataL-Flaw said:

90 seconds is a long time...mostly because any mission where your sentinel actually dies... it will likely die again from the same thing as soon as it revives(AoE etc...)

Then you have to do the math on how many revives does it actually need?  Even assuming you use all of the primed regen revives.. the sentinel comes back if your frame revives...not sure if that resets the primed regen count or not..

Reviving your frame absolutely does not reset primed regen. This is intentional, as it would greatly increase the effectiveness of sacrifice. That's also why this mod has such a long cooldown and is exclusive to an unpopular sentinel(djinn)

With how popular sentinels are, I don't think DE is too eager to buff them even more.

On 2018-05-17 at 10:00 AM, Sziklamester said:

With this mod the djinn could be much popular and the only sentinel which can revive itself unlimited times.

true...but the damn thing is so squishy that it WILL be in dead state MUCH longer than alive...even without fatal attraction

if the sentinel didnt instantly take all aggro upon going into bleedout, Reawaken + sacrifice would be great...(though if Sacrifice made the sentinel invincible during the revive it would be fine...and be better on ALL sentinels)