Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Informal Survey: List your dream changes to Warframe

Seanjuju

1. List your dream changes to warframe?

Manual flashlight.

more varieties of more exotic weapon types.

More Multi-objective complex missions.

modular melee weapons like the Dark split sword changing form in mission

2. What would you take from another game and add to warframe?

Bodypart damage multiplier (aside headshot) and related effects.

Better climbing (stealthy parkour)

Alternative routes to goals. (even just secondary methods of transitioning map tiles) cause being forced to essentially run in the front door is kinda lame.

3. If not yet listed, what sort of mechanics and systems would you like to see changed or expanded in warframe? How?

Focus I would like to see expanded a little at least. more varied abilities. more waybound abilities. and I wouldnt mind being able to access the focus 1.0 transendence power again. but alongside the 2.0 stuff

I'd like multi stage missions in regular maps functioning like ostron bounties. scenarios where to sabotage a ship I first plant in a virus to jam communications, then take what valuable data they have, then destroy the reactor. 

I'd like more archwing mission types. just 1 per planet is kind of meh.

I would like a bit more plot and progression feel and maybe slight expansion to the chat tabs to allow easier player interaction, the current tabs get over-cluttered too fast.

4. What score would you give warframe and how would it change if your changes were implemented? (/100)

frankly warframe is one of the best games ever made so scoring it is difficult. but for me its already a 95. those things would elevate it to a 100 maybe 111

5. Have you burned out on warframe before? What would have prevented it?

I have a few times. usually in the wake of some of the more grindy events or tactical alerts. or in the wake of trying to farm certain incredibly painful to farm frames.

so tailing back some of the steeper grinds and maybe boosting the drop rates for certain frame parts to make things a bit easier to get. or some other method of impacting the RNG to slightly elevate chances of a specific thing dropping.

- improvements to Archwing missions, map and enemy diversity, fighting a quick and agile small boss enemy in arching wimilar to fightercraft dogfighting. More archwings.
- proper buffs to dead or barely used weapons
- rework of dead and unused mods
- ship interior depending on ship selected
- damage sponge endurance fight bosses (I so fkin hate gimmics and involnurability phases)
- Chroma's 3 getting buffed to what it was (right now it's just a fixed (castrated) lizard, not a dragon)
- return of Prime farming to VOID ONLY! I miss the days when the Void felt menacing, limited, awe inspiring and strange, fissures are quite messy and unrully, random uncontrolled space/time cracks across the system is just so... messy and ugly
- even more weapons
- permanent rankings (aside from weekly) with active removal of fake scores and punishment for cheaters/bug abusers
- better sorties, harder to complete, with unique mission design specificaly for sorties, "sortie = an attack made by troops coming out from a position of defence"
- more world engagement, that small short mission in Glast Gambit aboard a civilian ship felt very dire and immersive
- quests while storywise are amaizing, gameplay is often very cloned, tedious or artificialy extended (3 same missions in every quest, refer to missions like Harrow shadow hunting, Octavia music unlocking, Nidus index, Umbra fights...)

- probably some other things, I know there are things I'd love to see but can't remember

What exactly does Warframe not have? 😛

3. If not yet listed, what sort of mechanics and systems would you like to see changed or expanded in warframe? How?

- refer to #1

4. What score would you give warframe and how would it change if your changes were implemented? (/100)

- it's an amaizing game but far from perfect, it has a lot of little things to fix or do QoL changes on, but right now it's sitting on a comfortable 89/100, could easily reach 96 if changes are implemented. It would need a lot of finetuning and major story campaigns for a 100.

- once, mostly just wanted a break from too much playing.

1. List your dream changes to warframe?

Zaw warframes

2. What would you take from another game and add to warframe?

Smarter AI

A way to turn up the difficulty for a mission. More enemies to farm would be nice but probably op.

80/100

100/100

5. Have you burned out on warframe before? What would have prevented it?

Yes, three times. The time it take for a new player to get momentum is too long. I kept coming back to try warframe when there was absolutely nothing else to do. Finally stuck as my go-to game when I started getting a variety of frames and weapons. It would be nice if there was a way for newbies to get into the game a lot faster. As it stands, I advise everyone I play with to grind to MR 8 asap because you don't get good frames or gear until then.

- Better enemy AI/enemies that do stuff that make me do stuff. Massacring countless hordes of enemies is fun, but it does get old after a while. I am told the Halo series had great AI, and by great AI they mean enemies who work in such a way that they force the player to respond in different ways upon encountering different enemies - backpedaling when a tanky melee enemy charges them, killing the commander to make all the other ones run away, etc. while warframe so far is see an enemy, hit them, for the most part in my experience. One thing it noted is that in order to have such relevant AI, they needed the enemies to actually be able to challenge the player as opposed to just die, which ties into:

- Better difficulty scaling/getting around level based scaling. This has been repeatedly mentioned by other people, and for the most part I agree with it.

- Unnecessary given the purpose of AI is to challenge us, not to actually be smart, but some sort of formation AI for enemies would be fun and breathe some more life into them as being more than things to be killed. If they show some intellect in, say, sending in the shield troopers first with their troopers right behind and lancers fanning out in the distance as ballistas take cover as far away as they can and still have a clear slight line, it'd be neat. 

- In general, more ways to involve more skill in the PvE side of things. The Conclave has the exact opposite problem here; too much skill. I don't know what necessarily fixing this would entail.

- Easily, rocket (explosion) jumping and momentum maintenance from Quake and Quake-derived games. Rocket jumping itself is a bit outdated with our bullet jumping functionally fulfilling the same role on every single warframe, but I'd like to have it anyways - stuff like a rocket bullet jump to propel us absurdly far would be glorious. Similarly, I don't want to have my speed cut down by feeling like I'm swimming in water, so some way to maintain momentum in the air out of various mobility abilities would be great - like if slash dash through the air didn't immediately slow down. I'd suggest tying it to aimglide, so if you slash-dash or ripline into aimglide you keep your momentum, just like Zephyr sort of does.

- Knockback as opposed to knockdown mechanics, because if done right it gives significantly more freedom and control both for the attacker and defender. Being able to actively juggle enemies around with explosions is really fun and straight out of the previous game I've played.

- Since Parkour 2.0/the time I've ever played Warframe, mobility abilities always seemed a bit niche if not useless for actual mobility. Stuff like Slash Dash, Tailwind and Ripline don't see much practical use in the confined maps of PvE and in competition with bullet jumping. I'd like for them to not be removed or altered to yet more generic abilities, but to be made better and incorporated into general mobility somehow. Ripline's change seems the most obvious - more control and momentum maintenance. Don't just cut the line after one second, have the player hold down one, and cut when they stop holding down one. Slash dash could go a direction other than straight and also maintain momentum through the air, and tailwind should be interrupt-able by another tailwind or by aimglide. Something along those lines would go a long way to making them really, really nice to use.

- It's one of the best games I've played so far, so 90/100... but that's after Warframe nuked the scores of a lot of the other games I've played.

- Repeatedly, only to discover something else to give me a drive to go on. I've been playing almost non-stop for a month now, and am due for another burn out relatively soon. Each time my burnouts weren't so much prevented as much as made irrelevant by a new shiny I found, like unlocking the star chart as opposed to farming on Ceres or the quests or the Conclave's PvP or aiming for prime warframes or Zephyr. I am running out of burnout avoidance material by now, and honestly it's probably for the best that I do because I have the rest of my life delayed by this game, but in general, it's new fun shineys and scenarios in which to get better at something or gain something. If I take cues from a prior game that I've basically never burned out on though, it would be skill based mechanics - stuff like the afore mentioned rocketjumping and then its practical application on the battlefield gave no end of fun for me, and so if Warframe became more skill based and less hit harder based, it'd be much more difficult to burn out on.

1. Fixed enemy scaling (particularly armor scaling)

2. Smoother progression system. After playing some MMOs, the difference is really night and day.

3. More defined and challenging endgame. Sorties are far too easy for veteran players, and only moderately rewarding. Eidolons are decent, but the day/night cycle is really obnoxious. Endurance runs are challenging, but offer next to no rewards and suffer from having to deal with armor scaling.

5. The ability to favorite weapons

6. No more accessories clipping, and the ability to adjust the position of accessories along an X, Y, Z axis

7. WAY more dojo tiles

8. Universal vacuum, and make kubrows actually useful (even though I won't use them anyway)

9. Liset rooms expanded to the full size of the concept art

10. Vote to kick feature

11. Grate Prime re-release

12. Drop chances increasing with enemy level/time spent in mission (reward endurance runs pl0x)

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

Changes to make our lives easier.

1. Set Focus base on each loadout.
  2. Favorite color palette so they will be sorted to the top.
  3. Controlled enemies can finally kill S#&$.
  4. Decrease charge time on bows.
  5. More decoration capacity for orbiter.
  6. Reduce craft time for many items.
  7. Move room tool for dojo.
  8. Deactivating a Ways will not disable the node after it. (example: Deactivating Void Radiance will not disable Void Strike.

---

Addition.

1. Seeing actual Tenno AI in future open landscape(cough cough Eris Open Landscape when?).
  2. Return of Trials with more enemy engagement than maze/puzzle. 
  3. Add Trials to open landscape.
  4. Exclusive Cosmetic items for world bosses (Like Eidolon, The Orb Mother) that cannot be bought with platinum but with blood and sweat and lots of grind. 
  5. Rework Alert to work like bounties with tiers. Higher Tier yield more quantity or rarity.
  6. Rework Invasion that will go through 3 random missions without going back to the orbiter for breaks. Set it to tier for better rewards.