The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest In Peace John Bain, TotalBiscuit.

ChaoticEdge

I thought it more appropriate to post it here, than make a new thread for it.

TB's memorial podcast is up.

I plan on re-watching a lot of his old videos in the coming months. Not just the Warframe ones. The Terraria series he made with Jesse Cox was hillarious, as were a lot of his other material. He also did some really salient videos on things like consumer rights, SOPA and media ethics.

Hopefully they're still monetized, so his family can get that little extra revenue, if enough of us watch them.

1 hour ago, low1991 said:

This person must be special that thread is still alive.

apparently, a fair amount of Warframe success can be credited to TotalBiscuit putting a good word out for the game. other than that they were a semi-popular game reviewer that some people may or may not have heard about, i myself only heard him mentioned once or twice in the past 5 years.

2 hours ago, goga_gola said:

apparently, a fair amount of Warframe success can be credited to TotalBiscuit putting a good word out for the game. other than that they were a semi-popular game reviewer that some people may or may not have heard about, i myself only heard him mentioned once or twice in the past 5 years.

Only heard of him in forum due to his death. Joined and play WF due to advertisement "Ninja play free". 

I'm not gonna say anything bad about him, but as someone whom know me IRL describe me as "living under a rock", how does this person' famous review make the forum outrage while in google search estimated about 55mil deaths per yr as of 2011?

You said that answer already yourself in your previous post :p Also I think some people may write it here rather on reddit or youtube (my case), so just ignore it if you didn't know him? 

I wasn't sure if it will not be harder for them and for me too personally, but I'm so glad now they continue in what he started-it feels like he lives in that and I really was missing them. For me it is more like - you don't know what you have have until you lost it - that is even more wierd feeling to think about, right? 

EDIT:

I didn't say that right again, it is hard to describe. 

Edited by Morndawn

• 2 months later...
On 2018-05-26 at 2:02 AM, Goodwill said:

I can assure you, the dude is immortalized enough as it is. What's above it? Super immortal? People are immortalized in memories, not trinkets.

Borderlands 2 did it successfully in the form of Michael, an npc that appeared every so often to hand out rare items, it was a 22 year old fan of the Borderlands series that died shortly before Borderlands 2 was released, now I'm not saying DE should replace Baro Ki'teer, but having an npc that maybe showed up on TB's birthday annually would be a nice touch.