Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie builds

(PSN)Lucarsion

Question

Hey everyone, I just unlocked sortie missions and it came to my attention when attempting the first one that my equipment isn't up to scratch. So I was just wondering if anyone can share any weapon or warframe builds that can handle these missions. Suggest any weapons or warframes I don't mind, I'm going grind for what seems best fitting.

Thankyou.

18 answers to this question

For mobile defense, interception, deflection a CC frame its pretty much everything you need, i use nyx, rhino or even ivara.

Defense i only use mesa with peacemeaker.

Rescue-spy ivara for infiltrate and for cloaking arrow on the objective.

Exterminate i use almost every frame, you just need to watch for the conditions (sniper only, meele etc) so you can decide what frame use.

Assassination ivara, valkyr, rhino, nyx, depending on the target.

For weapons, opticor, dread, tigris prime, lanka, akbolto prime, asktilleto prime, lex/aklex, guandao, galatine, a zaw with good cc and status etc.

The builds are simple, for nyx use max range, duration and efficency for chaos and mind control (personally i use asimilate aug when i panic), rhino range and duration for cc or full ps and duration for assassination, mesa duration a bit of range and ps, ivara you can use two builds depending on the mission, for spy/rescue i use duration/range with infiltrate and for assassinations ps and efficency and again infiltrate for the movement speed bonus.

The weapons builds really depend on the faction (corrosive/radiation are the only i use) and sortie conditions, example: for elemental enhancement you maybe want a hard hitting weapon like opticor or aklex/lex prime build on puncture dmg.

39 minutes ago, Praesagium said:

For mobile defense, interception, deflection a CC frame its pretty much everything you need, i use nyx, rhino or even ivara.

Defense i only use mesa with peacemeaker.

Rescue-spy ivara for infiltrate and for cloaking arrow on the objective.

Exterminate i use almost every frame, you just need to watch for the conditions (sniper only, meele etc) so you can decide what frame use.

Assassination ivara, valkyr, rhino, nyx, depending on the target.

For weapons, opticor, dread, tigris prime, lanka, akbolto prime, asktilleto prime, lex/aklex, guandao, galatine, a zaw with good cc and status etc.

The builds are simple, for nyx use max range, duration and efficency for chaos and mind control (personally i use asimilate aug when i panic), rhino range and duration for cc or full ps and duration for assassination, mesa duration a bit of range and ps, ivara you can use two builds depending on the mission, for spy/rescue i use duration/range with infiltrate and for assassinations ps and efficency and again infiltrate for the movement speed bonus.

The weapons builds really depend on the faction (corrosive/radiation are the only i use) and sortie conditions, example: for elemental enhancement you maybe want a hard hitting weapon like opticor or aklex/lex prime build on puncture dmg.

that helps narrow down what I should use by alot, thanks!

In the beginning, stomp rhino should be able to get you through your first Sortie no problem.

I personally go solo limbo for all Sortie missions except Corpus Mobile defense, exterminate, defense, and survival.

For Corpus Mobile defense, I use Octavia (Her metronome screws over nullis hard). For the rest, I use Mesa or any other offense/tank frame.

29 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

In the beginning, stomp rhino should be able to get you through your first Sortie no problem.

I personally go solo limbo for all Sortie missions except Corpus Mobile defense, exterminate, defense, and survival.

For Corpus Mobile defense, I use Octavia (Her metronome screws over nullis hard). For the rest, I use Mesa or any other offense/tank frame.

sweet thanks

I don't agree with other posters posting they favorite weapons/warframes.

Your problem isn't which particular weapon or warframe you use (although there are some bad fit, it's not your problem by a long shot).

Your issue is that you don't have optimized weapons and frames. What you really want to do is to mod properly your favourite weapons and frames. Most are sortie-viable (be sure to check in a tier-list if the one you want is viable though).

Every weapon and frame you use should have a potato (Orokin Catalyst/Reactor) and an optimized full build (which often implies at least a few formas).

You can get away with either your weapons (if you have a strong damage frame) or your frame (if you have strong weapons) not having full build, but not both.

3 hours ago, Furadow said:

I don't agree with other posters posting they favorite weapons/warframes.

Your problem isn't which particular weapon or warframe you use (although there are some bad fit, it's not your problem by a long shot).

Your issue is that you don't have optimized weapons and frames. What you really want to do is to mod properly your favourite weapons and frames. Most are sortie-viable (be sure to check in a tier-list if the one you want is viable though).

Every weapon and frame you use should have a potato (Orokin Catalyst/Reactor) and an optimized full build (which often implies at least a few formas).

You can get away with either your weapons (if you have a strong damage frame) or your frame (if you have strong weapons) not having full build, but not both.

Yeah true, I don't really know how to mod to maximise the potential of my warframes and weapons. Any tips for modding properly?

But I did know about the formatting and the mod capacity boosters

For Defense, I personally use  Max Duration Limbo. I can't use Limbo effectively to save my life, but I don't need to. Sortie Defense missions have you protect an Operative rather than a static Cryopod. The fact that you're defending an NPC means that Limbo can Banish them, so my entire strategy is to Banish the Operative, then step into the Rift myself and stay there until Banish wears off. Step out of the Rift, Banish the target again, then get back in. My damage is extremely low (the only damage I inflict is on enemies that I accidentally Banish with the Operative), but it makes success a lot easier. Meanwhile, the rest of the squad can concentrate on killing.

Do be warned: this doesn't work on the Kuva Fortress defense map. That map has traps that activate as the mission goes on, and these traps hit targets in the Rift. Bring something else to Kuva Fortress Defense missions.

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)Lucarsion a dit :

Yeah true, I don't really know how to mod to maximise the potential of my warframes and weapons. Any tips for modding properly?

But I did know about the formatting and the mod capacity boosters

Research builds for the weapons and frames you want to use. Collect the mods you miss and max them (or at least rank 6 to 8 if it's over 10).

Also, some missions are way easier with some frames than others, other commenters offered some suggestion. Just building a wide breath of frames is worth it. You'll re-use the mods from frame to frame and weapon to weapon.

I think the real question is, what do you have and what are you trying to use in sorties. You can pretty well and cheese most sorties with a wide variety of frames and weapons, so it more depends on your modding and weapon selection more so than anything.

12 hours ago, hooperinius said:

Why don't you post up your favorite weapons etc and maybe we can give you ideas how to build them.

Fwiw I usually use Rhino unless it is a spy then I will use Loki. Vauban and Frost have a place too in defense.

5 hours ago, Cortanis said:

I think the real question is, what do you have and what are you trying to use in sorties. You can pretty well and cheese most sorties with a wide variety of frames and weapons, so it more depends on your modding and weapon selection more so than anything.

Yeah I went in with boar prime, rhino, ballistica, and nikana. The reason I didn't really post what I use is because I don't have much I just wanted an idea of what weapons and frames to try strive for next that can help me survive better. Also if you could suggest a build for rhino or boar, that could be a lot of help.

Boar Prime build discussion  (and direct link to a replier build: https://goo.gl/rh1afe😞

Rhino build discussion :

Ballistica discussion (for Prime but mods are the same for regular) :

Nikana build discussion :

You should find all your answers in those threads.

A small advice though: don't invest too much in Ballistica and Nikana, as they have Prime variants. Rhino has one too, but it's currently vaulted and super expensive, so it's ok to invest in regular one.

If your intention is not running sorties solo, ....... even without having the best mods/frames/weapons there's a lot that you can offer to a sortie squad if you set your mind to it.

Buff your squad as much as possible, stay with the pack and revive, act as the bullet sponge/decoy, drop air support charges where appropriate, drop energy or health restore pads, etc........ Just go and have some fun.

16 hours ago, Furadow said:

Boar Prime build discussion  (and direct link to a replier build: https://goo.gl/rh1afe😞

Rhino build discussion :

Ballistica discussion (for Prime but mods are the same for regular) :

Nikana build discussion :

You should find all your answers in those threads.

A small advice though: don't invest too much in Ballistica and Nikana, as they have Prime variants. Rhino has one too, but it's currently vaulted and super expensive, so it's ok to invest in regular one.

Ok thanks so much

Titania.  I use Titania for everything except defense based missions,  in which case I use Frost.  Titania can ignore all weapon restrictions,  as her 4 lets her use exalted guns and a sword.  Her damage output with Razorwing Blitz far exceeds even Mesa's,  and if you have a Primed Flow, and mod her for efficiency and power,  she can keep in razorwing mode almost indefinitely. Mod  her guns for corrosive,  status and critical,  and ignore her sword.  It's  too difficult to use in tight spaces,  and her Dex Pixia  pistols honestly do so much damage it's  not even necessary.  

For Frost,  I run a max  strength and efficiency build,  and he can almost indefinitely spam globes and avalanches.  CC and defense! 

The ONLY exception for either of these, is infested missions.  Vauban's vortex makes infested a joke.  

Except for juggernauts.  Screw those guys.