Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Feedback on Missions and Levels in Warframe

TheGreenFellow

Maybe this seems like an obvious things to long-time players, but for me, I was caught by unwelcome surprise the first time I tried this - and as soon as I pressed that button, without a quick warning or anything, I lost that squad I was with.

For some reason, I had thought it would be possible to move from Cetus back to my Orbiter without breaking the group.

Perhaps that functionality could be added, as an alternative to having a pop-up warning? Either way, seems like a small bit of QOL that surely nobody would mind having.

(Edit: For any unitiated, some of my threads have been merged, apologies if the topic seems to wander or flipflop - to the mods, 'tis cool, I can deal!)

Adding this minor item to the list of feedback here:
I've noticed the bonus objective of "hack 1 console" appearing on missions it's impossible to find a hackable console, and it'd be nice if that could be fixed!

Edited by TheGreenGunner
Adding another tidbit of feedback

Well the button is kind of obvious ... it's labelled "Leave Group" ... and it does as intended, whereas if you hit escape and hit "Abandon Mission" it lets you choose between Cetus and the Orbiter ... you can never "keep" a group once you leave an instance, and if i'm not being obvious enough you cant keep a group one you leave that group. Pay attention to what you're clicking.

It doesn't say "Leave Group", it says "Leave Cetus". I put it right in the title. Given that neither Cetus or the Orbiter are mission instances, and that you can be in a squad while in the Orbiter, it follows logically to expect the same would be of being in Cetus.

This of course would not be necessary if one could access the Foundry or other Orbiter functions that are not available in Cetus, I suppose.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

Glast's Gambit feels cool up until it's just repeating the Index over and over.
I have to do that plenty anyways to make the credits neceessary to play the game elsewhere.
Please, consider the quest involving something more inventive for the tenno to do after the first one? And why 3 rounds per match, instead of the 1 round like the normal Index?

When rescuing the people from the infested attack, why don't the people you save call out to you? Give them some life.

Speaking of which, why not have the player revisit those people, or do missions for those folks directly, instead of repeating the Index so many times?

Would give a great way to obtain the Nidus parts blueprints, too....*cough cough*

Ok dude seriously is this ur first day, cause most of the complaints make it seem that way, and no I'm not dissing u cause its ur first day, its just seems that u have a pretty unreasonable expectation on how a game should be and function

Felt like little was explained of what to do & how to progress with The Silver Grove, I found myself referencing the wikia a lot.
Having the ingredients beforehand sometimes means the objective/quest doesn't progress without logging in and out.
The Sunrise Apothic requiring so much moss makes the moss harder to obtain than the frostleaf, which makes the commentary about frostleaf strange.
The way the grineer spawn *in* the shrine room, often right on top of the objective, felt rather lousy.

p.s. Somewhat related, probably known though: There's still *many* locations in Earth tiles where you can get permanently stuck.
p.p.s. If I were to pursue taking on the Apothic whatchamacallits again, I'd be more inclined to do so if my Helios would continue scanning certain things for me (perhaps via special Scan Settings button on Helios' arsenal interface?)

Edited by TheGreenGunner

16 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

It doesn't say "Leave Group", it says "Leave Cetus". I put it right in the title. Given that neither Cetus or the Orbiter are mission instances, and that you can be in a squad while in the Orbiter, it follows logically to expect the same would be of being in Cetus.

This of course would not be necessary if one could access the Foundry or other Orbiter functions that are not available in Cetus, I suppose.

I wasn't talking about "mission" instances was I? ... you can be in a group in the Orbiter and you can be in a group in Cetus but they ARE instances. You can have a group in the Orbiter and go to the Larunda Relay but your team has to opt to join you ... Since you cant Invite a group into your Orbiter, only invite players from inside the Orbiter to join you in the Orbiter. Similarly player don't join you in the Orbiter after completing a mission.

It's 3 rounds because Nef Anyo is cheating, your playing HIS game with his rules that's why it's not the same as the regular Index and you have to play it so many time because he's changing the rules and the stakes. The quest works that way to make you feel some sort of "weight" towards winning and losing.

As in title. Perhaps it's a symptom of these events being rare, but I as a new player had no idea what I was doing in a Fomorian mission - I expected the thing to start shooting at me, like it does in the introductory Archwing quest.

Through trial and error over a few attempts, I figured out how to follow the objective indicators and bring down the shield, but then I had to figure out how to get inside the thing - from the outside there's no readily apparent entryway, and I only found out by witnessing another player flying through the appropriate crevice.

I often found, during the most recent one, that many players - being unfamilair to the mission - similarly had no idea; I made it a habit to mark the crevice to help them find their way.

Could you simply make it so the objective marker does a better job of pointing players to where they need to go? Or have Lotus give better directions?

Sure, once you know what you're doing it's a quick get-in and get-out repeat ad nauseum job, but...if you are not in the know, it's a puzzle without any clues. (Seems like this applies to many things in Warframe, upon reflection)

3 minutes ago, Errodin said:

It's 3 rounds because Nef Anyo is cheating, your playing HIS game with his rules that's why it's not the same as the regular Index and you have to play it so many time because he's changing the rules and the stakes. The quest works that way to make you feel some sort of "weight" towards winning and losing.

I mean, rationalize it as much as you like, doing it 12 times straight with nothing else to even just break up the monotony is, in a word, boring. At no point during the quest did I feel engaged about the girl you rescue or Nef Anyo or a connection to anything, because I was too busy being fed up with doing the same thing over and over. And really, if you want there to be a weight on winning and losing...being forced to lose on purpose rather defeats that purpose, doesn't it?

True. I always imagined one of the syndicates would be putting up light resistance off to the sides against the light cruisers. They could be giving directions as they are getting ripped to shreds by the fomorian. But just more marker locations would be handy.

I think they always assume any content can be changed tomorrow so the added effort in extensive voice acting and tutorial is wasted effort in non-cinematic quests when players can just teach each others or wiki.

I started out Warframe being a Solo player - clearing all the nodes one by one, taking my time and all.

One of my earliest pet peeves was discovering that Interception missions are all but impossible if playing alone.

Nowadays, sure, I have Nova and I have Ignis and Atomos, and I know more about parkouring around quickly, so I can manage if I must...but that is as an experienced player who already has the necessary gimmicks and goodies.

It also just feels *slow* as a game mode. Watching a progress bar slowly tick upwards once every few seconds even with all 4 towers captured is yawn-inducing. Particularly when you have to do so *twice* per round of rotation.

And, the spawn rate is grossly inconsistent across level difficulty. Low level interception spawns are so slow that, in a 4-man group, you spend most of it running around fruitlessly or watching idle animations. High level interceptions conversely spawn so many enemies that you begin *needing* Nova, Saryn, or other similar frames to deal with it all.

So, my suggestions for changing Interceptions are thus:
- Reduce the number of towers from 4 to 3
- Increase the rate of progress with all towers controlled, or else reduce it to 1 per round instead of 2
- Make spawn rate consistent and reasonable across all difficulty levels (perhaps a bit higher than what is the current average to compensate for going from 4 to 3 towers)

Edited by TheGreenGunner

As per title. Defense missions are *obnoxious*; why is it that if you fail after multiple rounds of defense, you lose *all* rewards, instead of still getting the rotation rewards unlocked by prior rounds? You invested the time and effort, you successfully defended the objective up to a point, surely you should also get the rewards for up to that point.

Also, why is it 5 waves instead of 4? Wouldn't 4 be more consistent with other game modes and the manner in which loot rotation works? It feels artificially time-inflated and takes much longer than other mission types as a direct result of requiring *so* many waves to progress each round. Dropping it down to 4 seems reasonable to me without bending anything too far.

As things stand, given a choice between a Defense and any other mission type, I'd take the other mission types.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

As per title. Many maps have many areas that, if you fall into it, you are forcibly respawned on land and any ongoing effects you have are ended (which can be crippling for certain Warframes).

The thing is, a good number of these 'respawn pits' are quite visibly not that deep at all and do have physical walls and floors on every side - ones that you could very easily jump out of, even without the help of Parkour.

So it feels in general like it's a holdover in map design from the days when Warframe had no Parkour? That's what my best guess is, at least, because there's not a lot of rhyme and reason to it.

And that's a problem, because being inconsistent and unintuitive means it's not friendly to players who haven't just memorized the ins and outs of every tileset, flaws and all.

So, please, consider revisiting the old tilesets, and just *run* through them, jump around, and take note of what spots make you stop and go "Wait, why did the game treat *that* as a respawn pit? I can see the bottom of it like 15 feet down. There's a jump right over here that's 5 times as deep and it doesn't respawn me, what the heck?" and so on. And fix it!

(This one's going to be short) As a new player, Grineer Spy missions felt unreasonably hard to figure out, for me, without the aid of a guide. And, once in the know, it seems rather silly how you can just *skip* through most of the vaults like it's nothing. Also, it's frustrating when rounding a corner and a laser trap springs up without warning. Sure, once you *memorize* the location of every laser trap, you can avoid it, but that's not really friendly to players not in the know. Some kind of visual/audible queue ahead of time to warn the player would be nice.

As per title. This is particularly relevant when doing Syndicate missions or trying to track down Synthesis targets outside of Solo mode. If I could simply be offered a choice between being thrown into in-progress missions, and starting a fresh one (as in, putting me in a queue for 'fresh-start only' that avoids grouping players with in-progress squads), that would solve a lot of frustration as far as that goes - being able to play these missions with other people is good fun, when I can manage to get over that hurdle.

Interception is not even close to being impossible solo. Personally I prefer interception solo as I have things to do, when in a group people tend to prefer you to sit and play turret...I don't like playing a turret.

I really think you might need to improve your parkour skills as that is all you need to do solo interception. Parkour and situational awareness.

An early pet peeve of mine when most of my playtime was in Solo mode: there's no option or anything given when you reach the Extraction zone - once you touch it, that's it, mission over, no chance given to go back, loot, check down a hallway I left unturned, and that sort of thing.

In Open mode, things are nice and convenient; you are given some time before extraction unless all players are assembled and ready to leave, you are free to leave the zone so long as at least 1 player is still in the zone...it's more forgiving.

Please, if in Solo mode, give us a pop-up asking if we wish to extract now or not. If we choose no, allow us to re-enter the zone to trigger it, or perhaps have an interactable object there that triggers the extraction. Give Solo players a second chance! 😛

1 hour ago, Hyro1 said:

Ok dude seriously is this ur first day, cause most of the complaints make it seem that way, and no I'm not dissing u cause its ur first day, its just seems that u have a pretty unreasonable expectation on how a game should be and function

First day on the forums, yes. Anticipating this kind of negative feedback for daring to voice my viewpoints is precisely why I've been reluctant to venture on the forums to begin with. And your focus on critiquing me, the poster, and not the post (which goes against general forum etiquette anywhere, I'd like to point out) is not helping.

55 minutes ago, Errodin said:

I wasn't talking about "mission" instances was I? ... you can be in a group in the Orbiter and you can be in a group in Cetus but they ARE instances. You can have a group in the Orbiter and go to the Larunda Relay but your team has to opt to join you ... Since you cant Invite a group into your Orbiter, only invite players from inside the Orbiter to join you in the Orbiter. Similarly player don't join you in the Orbiter after completing a mission.

There's nothing ingame indicating that being in the Orbiter, or Cetus, means you're in a group *instance* the same as any mission. Bottom line, this thing happened and I found it to be unexpected, which is avoidable with a small idiot-proof change.

As per the title. Now, I admit, since the time at which I wrote this squawk down, DE has made it so that when doing practice runs for Mastery tests, it does return you to Simaris' room where you started, which is great! However, there are still other cases of this related to quests, like Maroo's weekly Ayatan hunt.

It's a bit redundant and wearisome to have to repeat the landing-arrival animation and walk from the landing pad each and every time, so could what's been done with Mastery tests please be applied to all missions/quests originating in a Relay and/or Cetus?

20 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

Interception is not even close to being impossible solo. Personally I prefer interception solo as I have things to do, when in a group people tend to prefer you to sit and play turret...I don't like playing a turret.

I really think you might need to improve your parkour skills as that is all you need to do solo interception. Parkour and situational awareness.

I acknowledged as much already. I recommend reading through the entirety of the post next time, you mind find I even agree - more or less- about the 'playing a turret' situation.