Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo and Nullifiers/Disruptors

Pyra_Firestone

Limbos interactions with nullifiers and disrupters feel out of place. especially with his 4th and 2nd. 

so about his 4th, nullifiers will completely pop his cataclysm and more often than not, leaving him completely vulnerable to attack. because of how squishy he is, any moderately high level mission will obliterate him within seconds (without quick thinking) What im suggesting is that instead of popping his cataclysm they instead aren't effected by it. 

*situation* nully bubble touches limbos cataclysm. nothing much happens, nully bubble touches an enemy that is stasissed by limbo and is free to move around within the nully bubble. they can't shoot through the nully bubble and hit limbo but if the nully bubble touches limbo, it ends stasis and cataclysm. 

this would make limbo 10x more viable on corpus missions because right now, cataclysm is pretty much useless on corpus missions. 

now disruptors, all that they "disrupt" is making banishes duration alot shorter and rift surge afaik cant be applied to them. 
but when limbo has stasis + cataclysm up they might aswell be another charger. they are completely immobilised and can't do S#&$ about it. my suggestion is that they can move at 50% of their normal speed when in a stasis + cataclysm and they can even use their "grappling line" thing against you. all enemies effected by their aura also move at 50% of their normal speed in stasis + cataclysm and can attack you.

this change would do  2 things
1: make limbo viable on more corpus missions
2: prevent limbo being 100% invincible on infested missions (grineer still ezpz)

How about using situational awareness and prioritise targets according to their disruptiveness and threat level? Seems like you already have an idea which targets are high priority, based on this thread. As for 'making limbo viable for corpus mission' he already is. He is viable for all factions. Its just that he is not efficient for some mission like Survival, Exterminate and Hijack. But that's okay. Because there are bazillion other frames (that 99% of the warframe population love to use) that can do those exceptionally well. Limbo is exceptional at Spy, Mobile Defense, Defense, Sabotage, Defection, Rescue and Interception (when he has to hold only his point). So yeah, he already is viable. 

Edited by tychondus

They should change it to the same mechanic as Mag's magnetize...make the bubble shrink instead while doing some damage to nullifiers instead of freezing them in time. This would still mean nullifiers are a pain, but they are manageable. As it stands, Limbo's entire it falls apart with nullifiers on the field.

2 hours ago, Kagemitsukenshi said:

Haha i was think that the whole time do these people even change their build based on mission type?

It is more maageabke qirh smlee cata but as of right now there isnt any incentive to be using max range cata to begin with due to teamate issues.

I would like to have some incentive to want to use a large cata and keep it up so i think de should yake another look at him because i mainly just run one build with 90% range with riftsurge because there is zero readon for any other build to be used.

23 hours ago, AbstractLemons said:

It is more maageabke qirh smlee cata but as of right now there isnt any incentive to be using max range cata to begin with due to teamate issues.

I would like to have some incentive to want to use a large cata and keep it up so i think de should yake another look at him because i mainly just run one build with 90% range with riftsurge because there is zero readon for any other build to be used.

there is an insentive you just use it in excavations and mobile defense and you can comepletely cheese them

22 hours ago, Kagemitsukenshi said:

there is an insentive you just use it in excavations and mobile defense and you can comepletely cheese them

Im aware of that but as for working in a team scenario it is significantly more disruptive than helpful.

So i do mainly have just one build for him because investing in over 100% is not worth it unless solo and even then he is not a high kills per second frame.

Range id more helpful on banish than cata when playing co-op. Do cata is mainly relegated for cheese acyively fighting inside of it with team mates is discouraged by the mechanics as is.