Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It seems I'm the only one who likes the cursor...

this UI change should have had half of its stuff not brought in as it is way too much PC UI  usage
when your playing a console game your not meant to have to click an hold, then drag it into the slot just to equip it

cursor is nice but return the usage of are of are controllers buttons as are muscle memory is about to make us toss the controller

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

this UI change should have had half of its stuff not brought in as it is way too much PC UI  usage
when your playing a console game your not meant to have to click an hold, then drag it into the slot just to equip it

cursor is nice but return the usage of are of are controllers buttons as are muscle memory is about to make us toss the controller

I agree. Simply selecting a mod and then selecting a slot should be all it takes. And that should be available for both controller and M&K on all applicable platforms.

The new system has way to many issues, and feels more like a mobile port than anything else.

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I agree. Simply selecting a mod and then selecting a slot should be all it takes. And that should be available for both controller and M&K on all applicable platforms.

The new system has way to many issues, and feels more like a mobile port than anything else.

I can't agree more. After many years playing warframe on console with a controller the manner with which the menus themselves functions feels clunky at best and almost forces the switch. Attempting to play comfortably with controller in hand is now seeming forced into a competitive position with keyboard and mouse controls not offered...but forced upon the console scene. Attempting to equip mods with a controller is now a nightmare due to the inconsistencies between the old UI and the new M/K forced UI. I cannot speak for gameplay as much as that to my eyes hasn't changed much but the constant use of a cursor takes it from being a fast intuitive design to "Hey you should play me on PC!" 

I actually don't mind the cursor either, but what I do mind is the fact that they took away all the quick presses such as hitting X to go to equipment or hitting square for appearance.  Also the drag and drop mod stuff is really clunky in the current UI.  I'm assuming the upcoming UI editions would make more sense with the current changes?  That's the only real reason I can guestimate to why they've pushed out these changes so early before the big UI update-to prime us for the upcoming larger changes.

I'm not entirely opposed to the cursor, but the removal of key features like hotkeys to speed up menu navigation is highly annoying. Not a big fan of needing to double click to equip a piece of gear after moving my cursor over to it either. Seems like pointless busywork, the thing is already hovering over the weapon I want to select.

Usually, for busines and cost/time saving measures - it is beneficial to DE to align on 1 set of UI for PC and Console. I am guessing the long term is to have 1 update frame work being applied to both PC and consoles.

Similar to what Bungie has been doing for both console and PC - aligning PC and console processes, updates and etc. $$$ is in mind.

On ps4, you can use full keyboard and mouse controls from the pc natively but there it no way to move keybindings and random things still require controller input.

Try it, just plug in any old mouse and keyboard into the two front usb slots on your ps4. Then play warframe with it.

X on the keyboard is your interact button, you use to interact with simulacrum control post, but you still have to push square on controller to spawn as there is not clickable button on ps4.