Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Trin but why not Equinox

-AiLuoLi-

4 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

"But she have to charge!". Just press 4 and hide in a corner while your team mates charge for you my dear.
"But she's useless against armored grineer!" 4x Corrosive Projection has always been the meta.
"But there's a ramp up time before she can nuke again!" Get a buddy Equinox and play see saw.

all of these points are redundant due to the fact that you need other players to help with this. "get team mates to charge for you", "use 4x CP" (which means 4 people) "take another equinox".. castanuke trin was completely self sufficient (aside from when they accidentally kill themselves, but a good Castanuke Trin can time their jumps). it's only truly game breaking if one player, with NO Assistance from others, is doing the entire team's work. that's what you call "broken".

furthermore, Trinity isn't meant to be played as an AoE damage frame; Link is supposed to affect enemies who attack her, nothing more. it was an oversight that lead to a meme build that became the Meta, and it's been nerfed. there is no need at all to try and throw Equinox under the bus, when Equinox actually requires interactivity.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

5 часов назад, -AiLuoLi- сказал:

DE said that they don't like it when we "afk farm" so why no changes to Equinox? Just slap on max range, eff and nuke the whole map. She requires less effort than Trin the way I see it.
"But she have to charge!". Just press 4 and hide in a corner while your team mates charge for you my dear.
"But she's useless against armored grineer!" 4x Corrosive Projection has always been the meta.
"But there's a ramp up time before she can nuke again!" Get a buddy Equinox and play see saw.

You forgot to mention Volt's 4 skill, which requires times less effort to kill the map.

I think DE should take an example from Saryn's rework in future reworks, because to be really effective Saryn needs to aim to spread Spores and move a lot using 3 skill to blast Spores, 2 skill for more survivability and sometimes 4 skill to deal additional damage.

2 hours ago, aligatorno said:

Just because balancing is hard to do, doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to do so. One by one DE has vanquished the brain dead builds, now none remain, maybe Volt needs some changes, but that's it.

Trinity, Saryn and Banshee have all been nerfed before in the past.

It's never gonna end.

We are just going in circles.

Historically, this community does not know what balance even means.

Balance is not about making every single frame as good as each other in all areas.

If everything performs the same, there is no real choice because the choice does not matter. Everyone can just pick 1 frame and never play anything else. Why get slots? Why get new frames?

Balance is not about making frames that you don't play as bad as the frame you play (which may have just been nerfed) either. Like this thread.

Balance should be done with the sole intention of enhancing the fun for both the user and other players, instead of just blindly trying to equate everything into the same level.

Just look at all the nerf posts, it is always about DPS. You don't see people complaining about how a frame can heal more or CC better or support better. You don't see people complaining about energy vampire, blessing or even link but you see link the moment it gets turned into DPS. (Though I agree with the link nerf because of the wide range and 1 man army issue)

I admit that DE is better at balancing these days than last time but I am pretty sure that it is because they are relying more on hard data these days than players whines about X frame killing faster than Y frame.

If you think Equinox can afk at anything but baby levels, you're simply wrong. She has to work and put her frame at risk to charge maim at anything but low & mid levels...and balancing a frame based on that would obviously be silly because it would become totally useless at higher levels where gameplay is actually challenging. 

6 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

DE said that they don't like it when we "afk farm" so why no changes to Equinox? Just slap on max range, eff and nuke the whole map. She requires less effort than Trin the way I see it.

You just debunked your whole complaint, anytime a frame requires 4x corrosive projection to be effective it becomes useless, your likely one of those people that are salty about Trin changes and trying to focus blame elsewhere, DPS Trin is broken it had to be fixed, Deal with it.

12 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

LOS nerf would seem to be the next logical step for EQ, but I am thinking that they want to improve it 1st.

That would be a massive nerf, too much of a nerf imo. What's next? Wanna do the same to Banshee's sonar and Saryn's spores? The amount of damage they'd lose would be silly given how tight some tilesets are.

This whole "nerf Equinox" bullS#&$ by people who are bitter about Trinty is silly because the "OP" feeling you get from using it is mostly present in low to mid levels. Balancing any frame based on low to mid level gameplay is $&*&*#(%&ed because it makes the frame useless at higher levels.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

That would be a massive nerf, too much of a nerf imo. What's next? Wanna do the same to Banshee's sonar and Saryn's spores? The amount of damage they'd lose would be silly given how tight some tilesets are.

This whole "nerf Equinox" bullS#&$ by people who are bitter about Trinty is silly because the "OP" feeling you get from using it is mostly present in low to mid levels. Balancing any frame based on low to mid level gameplay is $&*&*#(%&ed because it makes the frame useless at higher levels.

That's why they need to rework other EQ abilities before nerfing the nuke, it technically has 7 abilities and still comes down to spamming just one, which is bad gameplay and a wasted opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

That's why they need to rework other EQ abilities before nerfing the nuke, it technically has 7 abilities and still comes down to spamming just one, which is bad gameplay and a wasted opportunity. 

You should really check out her other abilities if you are only using one...especially since they actually boost her ultimate. Her one with the duality augment for example makes it sooooooo much quicker to charge maim. Her 3 boosts the damage of his 4 and his 2 in night form can further help to charge maim by allowing you to quickly kill stuff thanks to sleep. Her skills synergize so well, you are missing out by calling her a 1 ability frame. 

The boost in damage you get from Duality for example is nuts. 

Either way, it's clear you can't just afk and hit your 4 and win at anything but baby levels...so I don't consider her OP. I feel like people are trying to "balance" frames by looking at how they perform at baby 10-40 levels or bloody 5 rounds of ESO. It's ridiculous. 😕

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

Also Saryn needs nerf 

She is definitely broken right now in survival fissure missions. Saryn can kill everything before it is affected by reactants. At least Nuke trins could give teammates affinity but this Saryn can kill things 150m away denying reactants and affinity. Nerf Saryn again.

I’m tired of being in the losing side. Saryn should be nerfed. It’s like nothing is even spawning at all. I can’t enjoy my game.

Equinox also was an elephant in the room nobody talked about. It needs some tone down. Kills everything with a press every 10 seconds hell yeah is broken.

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

7 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Because Equinox is working as intended. If anything equinox is not as efficient at killing as nuke trinity. Thats why nuke trinitys were so common.

Nuke trinity was an exploit. If you were meant to transfer self damage then they would have built that in. 

Tldr

Trinity=support

Equinox=dps

5 minutes ago, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

Also Saryn needs nerf 

She is definitely broken right now in survival fissure missions. Saryn can kill everything before it is affected by reactants. At least Nuke trins could give teammates affinity but this Saryn can kill things 150m away denying reactants and affinity. Nerf Saryn again.

You guys started this I’m tired of being in the losing side. Saryn should be nerfed. It’s like nothing is even spawning at all. I can’t enjoy my game.

Equinox also was an elephant in the room nobody talked about. It needs some tone down. Kills everything with a press every 10 seconds hell yeah is broken.

Stop only playing at low to mid levels...because this isn't the case at higher levels like MOT and sorties. If you balance a frame based on low levels, it'll be utter S#&$ for any really challenging content. This goes for both your Saryn & Equinox comments.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Stop only playing at low to mid levels...because this isn't the case at higher levels like MOT and sorties. If you balance a frame based on low levels, it'll be utter S#&$ for any really challenging content. This goes for both your Saryn & Equinox comments.

Are there any level 100 fissure? no. Saryn kills everything before enemies getting closer than 100m. I saw so many people failed to collect 10 reactants just today because of running around Saryn nor they listen to anybody as usual.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

Are there any level 100 fissure? no. Saryn kills everything before enemies getting closer than 100m. I saw so many people failed to collect 10 reactants just today because of Saryn. 

There is content where she clearly doesn't kill everything instantly. You don't even need to go to level 100 to realize this. Have you bothered to try sorties with her? Or MOT? Or any really challenging content instead of stuff where the vast majority of frames are OP? And of course stuff still drops reactants even if she kills stuff. 

She's no stronger than Octavia, Banshee, Mag, Nova or a ton of other frames. Does she dish out more damage than the SUPPORT frame Trinity? Sure, but that's balance...because Saryn & Co have no support abilities that are as good as Trinity's.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

There is content where she clearly doesn't kill everything instantly. You don't even need to go to level 100 to realize this. Have you bothered to try sorties with her? Or MOT? Or any really challenging content instead of stuff where the vast majority of frames are OP? And of course stuff still drops reactants even if she kills stuff. 

So you don’t care if other players lose their time and effort they have to abort the mission ? 

How do you farm forma bp in this game ?there’s only 1 way to do that. It’s a game mode most players have to do everyday. Why should I care about your opinion when you do not have care for others.

Saryn and also Rq Banshee needs nerf. Equinox as well.

Just now, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

So you don’t care if other people lose their time and has to abort the mission ?

How do you farm forma bp in this game ?there’s only 1 way to do that. Why should I care about your opinion when you do not have care for others.

You don't have to abort your mission, reactants still drop whether you kill the enemy or not. If anything, that fast killing SPEEDS UP missions because of the higher kills per second figure. 

To claim she's not helping with farming when she helps killing faster is obviously ridiculous. What's next? Wanna complain about Banshee allowing everyone to one-shot enemies? Or Nova being able to nuke entire groups in one go? Or Mag being able to run a Hydron round by firing only a single magazine the entire round? Or Ash one-shotting entire mob groups with a single Glaive Prime explosion up to lvl150? 

Those frames are damage frames, it's their job to make killing faster. Other frames like Nyx are more CC oriented...or more support oriented like Oberon and Trinity. The trade off is that the damage frames tend to be squishy, lack comparable CC or decent tanks. They should excel at damage because they are much worse at the rest. Just like Trinity should excel as a support frame, at the expense of doing less damage. It's called balance.

And again, what you claim only works at low levels. Your nerf would make her totally useless at challenging content...and some people like a challenge compared to easy mode levels.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

You don't have to abort your mission, reactants still drop whether you kill the enemy or not. If anything, that fast killing SPEEDS UP missions because of the higher kills per second figure. 

To claim she's not helping with farming when she helps killing faster is obviously ridiculous. What's next? Wanna complain about Banshee allowing everyone to one-shot enemies? Or Nova being able to nuke entire groups in one go? Or Mag being able to run a Hydron round by firing only a single magazine the entire round? Or Ash one-shotting entire mob groups with a single Glaive Prime explosion up to lvl150? 

Those frames are damage frames, it's their job to make killing faster. Other frames like Nyx are more CC oriented...or more support oriented like Oberon and Trinity. The trade off is that the damage frames tend to be squishy, lack comparable CC or decent tanks. They should excel at damage because they are much worse at the rest. Just like Trinity should excel as a support frame, at the expense of doing less damage. It's called balance.

And again, what you claim only works at low levels. Your nerf would make her totally useless at challenging content...and some people like a challenge compared to easy mode levels.

Why does Rhino has one of the best dmg buff in this game then? oh I forgot Rhino . Rhino needs nerf too. Give his dmg buff to Trinity or other support frames and give him Link. He’s tank, he shouldn’t do such a dmg like that while he is basically in a godmode.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

Why does Rhino has one of the best dmg buff in this game then? oh I forgot Rhino . Rhino needs nerf too. Give his dmg buff to Trinity or other support frames and give him Link.

Because Rhino isn't a support frame...but Trinity is. Do you understand the difference? His theme is damage & survivability. Trinity's theme is support and survivability. Saryn's role is debuff & damage. No frame does everything like you seemingly demand.

You are asking for support (!!!) frames to do damage like damage frames. That's not balance, that's you wanting an OP frame. It's akin to me demanding Saryn gets Ivara's sleep or Wukong's tank. That's not balance, that's wanting to create an OP fantasy frame. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Because Rhino isn't a support frame...but Trinity is. Do you understand the difference? 

You are asking for support (!!!) frames to do damage like damage frames. That's not balance, that's you wanting an OP frame. It's akin to me demanding Saryn gets Ivara's sleep or Wukong's tank. That's not balance, that's wanting to create an OP fantasy frame. 

He’a tank so he shouldn’t do insane damage. That’s your logic, not mine. He needs nerf so he can only buff teammates or like I said give it to trinity and Rhino gets Link which perfectly suited for a tank frame.

1 minute ago, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

He’a tank so he shouldn’t do insane damage. That’s your logic, not mine. He needs nerf so he can only buff teammates.

I didn't say they have just one role...just not everything at once. Saryn has a debuff AND damage role. Rhino has a survivability & damage role. Trinity has a support AND survivability role...so no, she shouldn't also get damage on top of these 2 roles she excels at. Because that would be OP. 

So no, your point isn't a good one 😉

And no, if you are bitter about Trinity not being able to do EVERYTHING well, you need to get over it and don't unjustifiably ask for nerfs of other frames just because you are bitter. Or at least list some legit reasons other than the currently very obvious bitterness about Trinity. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

I didn't say they have just one role...just not everything at once. Saryn has a debuff AND damage role. Rhino has a survivability & damage role. Trinity has a support AND survivability role...so no, she shouldn't also get damage on top of these 2 roles she excels at. Because that would be OP. 

So no, your point isn't a good one 😉

And no, if you are bitter about Trinity not being able to do EVERYTHING well, you need to get over it and don't unjustifiably ask for nerfs of other frames just because you are bitter. Or at least list some legit reasons other than the currently very obvious bitterness about Trinity. 

Rhino also has op CC ability. His 4 can basically cheese the game. And he can fly so fast like Zephyr. 

Again it’s your logic, not mine so don’t give me questions.