Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some door blocker decorations would be great for dead ends

AdunSaveMe

I've been placing walls that go almost all the way down from the ceiling, then putting a Grineer railing as its 'resting point', and then placing a few smoke emitters to make it seem like it's been cut off. Other places, it's an Orokin hall with tree decorations in the defunct offshoot, some places have stacks of Grineer or Corpus.... 'junk' blocking the view, or even making it seem like there's a terrible fire going on, on the other side, to deter folks just from seeing dead end or Reactor-type rooms. If I can do it, so can you! ^_^

((pst… have fun~ :3))

2 hours ago, AandOE said:

I've been placing walls that go almost all the way down from the ceiling, then putting a Grineer railing as its 'resting point', and then placing a few smoke emitters to make it seem like it's been cut off. Other places, it's an Orokin hall with tree decorations in the defunct offshoot, some places have stacks of Grineer or Corpus.... 'junk' blocking the view, or even making it seem like there's a terrible fire going on, on the other side, to deter folks just from seeing dead end or Reactor-type rooms. If I can do it, so can you! ^_^

((pst… have fun~ :3))

I shouldn't have to clip decorations into place just to hide a doorway, because then it's going to either decide the theme for the entire room, or clash with anything else I put in there. That's why I'm making this suggestion.

I totally agree they need to let us place decorations on doors. My main hall is all orokin style except for my tenno style doors. It was different when we didn't have the free camera for decorating and the decorations tab in options, back when you HAD to access the panel by the door the boundary made sense as you could lock yourself out of decorating the room ever again. But now it's just annoying.

Edited by (PS4)goodboxgonebad

I think DE are afraid of some kind of dojo griefing that might happen if players are allowed to build anywhere and do certain things. Like, people might use it to block off doors to rooms or something. But I don't even know why they care about it so much, because if a player that can decorate decides to grief a dojo, they can pretty much mess up EVERYTHING - misplace/delete all decorations. So worrying about them just blocking doors is kind of pointless. And as a goodboxgonebad said, we now have ability to decorate on the go, so it makes even less sence.

• 2 weeks later...