Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes you guys believe we will be sacrificing our operators?

Ny_Soro

3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I never bothered with Eidolons BECAUSE they require that mode. It's irritatingly boring compared to Frames.

Who spends years working on combat and movement systems that are worse in every imaginable way than the ones they already have? The willingness to do that, and the belief that it was worthwhile, those things alone speak volumes.

its meant to be complimentary, you go into operator mode like you hack a door, for only a moment. You gain a special effect or you debuff your foes, but you dont fight as the operator. You only do so in the case of the eidolons and the kuva guard as they are designed for it and even then its pretty temporary. 

Every story mission in the trilogy has given us more for the operators, whose to say this one isnt going to make them more combat effective? Who knows. 

Edited by TrockBronze

3 hours ago, Daskrieg said:

just me but is that ballas saying that or doesn't that voice seem to sound like hunhow?

I know that while the voice is speaking it shows Ballas, but i just can't help but hear it in hunhows voice.

YouTube subtitles say it's Ballas talking.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Well yeah... they're not going to put subtitles that say Hunhow when it's Ballas face - but it IS Hunhow's voice.  

DE write the subtitles. If it were voiceover from another character, the subtitles would say as such.

16 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Since I understand Chinese and Anime terminology, that disturbingly does not make sense with your username.

But I 100/10 support this. Sacrifice kid for ... something older and prettier. Come on.

They look like crap anyway

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

DE write the subtitles. If it were voiceover from another character, the subtitles would say as such.

I think it's quite obviously meant to be misleading...

To be quite honest it's most likely they had both voice actors say and mix it.  You can def. hear the digital/robo effect on the voice Hunhow has and realistically it sounds more like him than Ballas by a longshot... and it just doesn't sound like Ballas as we've ever heard him.  He has such a clear voice and he has a distinct accent - neither of which are in the Sacrifice tease.   Perhaps Hunhow has assumed direct control?  Just one possibility - but I'm not going to bank on close caption narration that could be intentionally deceptive or unable to convey the possibility it's Hunhow saying via proxy, or a fusion of the voices.  

I mean just watch any prime access trailer ever - then compare it to the Sacrifice trailer.  There's no question this isn't Ballas' normal voice, at the very least.   It's also worthy of consideration that there's basically a 0% chance that Hunhow WONT be in this quest... he hasn't been defeated yet, and he's like... the true villain of this storyline thusfar.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

13 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

do you have any proof for that?

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3908840845?pn=0&

On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the Chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra Excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this.

In other developments, the Prime (samurai blade or Nikana) and Prime (drill/screw Kunai) will not be on sale in the market and neither will it drop for China warframe players. These weapon are also exclusive to China warfame "Originators".On the international side however, these weapons will be released under an unknown format (might be event? market? Prime Access or anything that DE can think up of) after China warframe's Originator's pack sale have concluded

So, I don't mind the operators, I definitely do not belive they're going anywhere any time soon, but I'm gonna be a butt anyway and tell half of you that "We need the Operator to X or Y" isn't a good meta-defense to the idea of sacrificing the Operator, at all.

Say we do end up Sacrificing the Operator, and with that we gain the ability to use Energy to activate a "Void Mode", that could allow the Warframe to do everything an Operator can do, You know:

• Penetrate the Eidolon Shields with our Warframes/Weapons/Melee/Special-Warframe-Void-Mode-Beam.
  • Obtain Kuva.
  • Use Focus Percs.
  • Equip Amps on the Warframe.

I don't believe for a second this is gonna happen, but saying "We can't lose the Operators because we need them for X, Y, and Z!" Is dumb. This is a videogame, anything you can think of can be programed, that includes workarounds for currently limiting/bad systems.

If you really wanna go the Meta-Way to tell the detractors they're dumb, all you need to do is point to all the Platinum/Money cosmetics that the Operators have, They got a Prime Access ffs, and how nonesensical it'd be to punish people for spending money on the game.