Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes you guys believe we will be sacrificing our operators?

Ny_Soro

Don't see it happening unless it is just a story element that is fixed immediately at the end because of the cosmetics obviously and how you would have no way to fight the eidolons and so on and so on. So it's possible they could be sacrificed story wise then a remedy for it by the end or to introduce some sort of game mechanic where they can be sacrificed in a mission to to do something.. I dunno. However, they're not going to take them away permanently, they've introduced too much content for them. 

It would be funny if there is NO EXCALIBUR UMBRA in particular, but you current warframe gonna be converted into "umbra" (also Excalibur). That IS sacrifice on my opinion :3

But honestly, I think we'll gonna get an ability or sort of which makes our warframe to fight on it's own while playing as operator.

Hope. 

Because I loathe playing with them.

Frankly, not having to use the Operator anymore - for anything, ever - would make me much MORE likely to return to the game. This possibility is pretty much the only reason I am still checking things out at this point.

7 hours ago, Oreades said:

More like people who absolutely loath Operator are hoping it's the Operator. 

Outside of them I don't think that anyone really thinks that DE is going to throw away every game mechanic tied to the Operator.

Why not? Its not as if they ever bothered to finish or polish them. Or make them, you know, FUN. 

Letting us sacrifice the space kid and permanently become our Frames, and giving us a focus tree that works with the reasons we came here in the first place...I could get with that. Heck, I might actually play again, if I get some indication that future stuff wont be locked behind game play that feels like something so slow, plodding and boring it was rejected from an early alpha of Mass Effect. Andromeda.

4 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

This possibility is pretty much the only reason I am still checking things out at this point.

Hate to break it for you, but teenos are DE's favorite shtick. They won't go anywhere.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Hope. 

Because I loathe playing with them.

Frankly, not having to use the Operator anymore - for anything, ever - would make me much MORE likely to return to the game. This possibility is pretty much the only reason I am still checking things out at this point.

Then you cant hunt eidolon withouit ensuring your party has an operator or collect kuva(I think) and so on. There are mechanics that you need one for and so on. Giving up the operator wouldnt work. 

31 minutes ago, (XB1)DS Monkfish said:

Or a skin to look like those Lua ghost thingies... anything but an edgy teen. I hate them so much 🤢

what if we can 'grow up'? sacrifice your youth make an older character, Just a random thought but Id like the ability to choose more about my look. 

6 minutes ago, TrockBronze said:

sacrifice your youth make an older character

will never happen because the whole "space momma loves you" melodrama would gain a strange twist.

Edited by Teloch

10 minutes ago, TrockBronze said:

Then you cant hunt eidolon withouit ensuring your party has an operator or collect kuva(I think) and so on. There are mechanics that you need one for and so on. Giving up the operator wouldnt work. 

I never bothered with Eidolons BECAUSE they require that mode. It's irritatingly boring compared to Frames.

Who spends years working on combat and movement systems that are worse in every imaginable way than the ones they already have? The willingness to do that, and the belief that it was worthwhile, those things alone speak volumes.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

34 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Who spends years working on combat and movement systems that are worse in every imaginable way than the ones they already have? The willingness to do that, and the belief that it was worthwhile, those things alone speak volumes.

When you've given your playerbase an assortment of unstoppable demigods what can you do? DE has always favored indirectly choking our power out either with enemys or obstacles that cancel our powers or just odd, uncomfortable changes to mechanics to shut down abusable power (See: Melee doesn't punch through terrain as a recent stab at Maiming Strike). 

Now I'll give you I'm a diehard fan of the game, I love the direction The Second Dream went and I like my Operator. It's not all perfect but I think it can be improved over time. However there is one stretch of the imagination by which operators can become unnecessary, even if they still take up space in the back of your orbiter. Discussion of the previously teased Sentient weapons grafted onto Warframes came up recently, and it crossed my mind that if Operators can craft small amps comprised of sentient material to channel void energy then something similar could be done with larger scale weapons mounted on Warframes. However, as there are players who like Operator, such weapons would probably still come at a tax on your frame like ability or mobility, but ultimately you'd skip the need for Operators against sentient enemies, both present and future.

This doesn't really address the need for Operators to gather Kuva, though if I'm not mistaken wouldn't the new Kuva survival already allow a gathering method free of Operator use?

Edited by Beartornado

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Merc comes and goes all the time.

From some of their posts you would ask yourself why they are still here. But... well, here they are.

Mostly curious about his statement that "they never bothered to finish or polish them(operators)" since it's simply a false statement. They're probably not finished but they have certainly been polished from the initial debut of Operator control in TWW.

37 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

Mostly curious about his statement that "they never bothered to finish or polish them(operators)" since it's simply a false statement. They're probably not finished but they have certainly been polished from the initial debut of Operator control in TWW.

It's a pattern.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I never bothered with Eidolons BECAUSE they require that mode.

Join an Eidolon hunt as Trinity then.  You don't have to do anything but collect and then constantly heal the lures - you could switch to Operator and help, but realistically that's not your job if you go in as Trin, so you don't have to do it.   The Eidolons def. do require it - but there's roles you can take on for those fights that don't.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

21 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

"Howl all you want... It won't bring him back"
-Ballas

just me but is that ballas saying that or doesn't that voice seem to sound like hunhow?

I know that while the voice is speaking it shows Ballas, but i just can't help but hear it in hunhows voice.

10 hours ago, Navarchus said:

You don't think someone who is getting a memorial statue & passed on a tea set to us might sacrifice themself for us? 

Exactly.  We have subtle hints it's actually going to be Ten Chins.  When he was under the Queen's control he did some sketchy stuff - and some could argue him helping us regain our power was his way of paying us back - but then we put him in debt again by freeing him.  Teshin owes us a literal life debt. 

It's would also be some bittersweet Irony because despite being rather neutral, Teshin has made it pretty clear he still blames Lotus and Tenno for the downfall and alot of his other dialogue seems to push the idea that we should be independent because the Lotus makes us complacent.  He even tells Tenno we are our own greatest enemy.   He might train us in Conclave, but overall he really doesn't seem to like us or the lotus.   It would be nothing short of irony that he would have to die for us to push us forward, and the idea of system peace.

The tea set and twitch bust also kind of you know - make you think that more.  Then you consider the fact the code is "Old Friend" - I mean that sounds like someting Ballas would call Teshin.  I couldn't imagine any other character in WF referring to somebody else as "old friend" and there's no way Ballas would say it to any other character but somebody who served in the Empire - AKA Teshin.  Teshin and Ballas were in league with eachother once upon a time, making me suspect even more.   I know that's a bit "tinfoil hat' for a code... but I mean, why that code?  SACRIFICE would have sufficed for the code, but OLDFRIEND was chosen... and DE being DE - almost nothing is without a reason.

5 minutes ago, Daskrieg said:

just me but is that ballas saying that or doesn't that voice seem to sound like hunhow?

I know that while the voice is speaking it shows Ballas, but i just can't help but hear it in hunhows voice.

Yeah he's being voiced over by Hunhow for sure.  You aren't crazy, that is Hunhow's voice and not Ballas.  Pretty sure they aren't even the same voice actors.  (though we only know who Ballas' VA is, who voices Hunhow is still unknown.)

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yeah he's being voiced over by Hunhow for sure.  You aren't crazy, that is Hunhow's voice and not Ballas.  Pretty sure they aren't even the same voice actors.  (though we only know who Ballas' VA is, who voices Hunhow is still unknown.)

ok then that raises alot more questions like will this quest inviolve us working with or having to deal with hunhow again, plus it means that somehow umbra and hunhow are linked somehow and until the quest is outand lore questions will be flying everywhere like the spray from a corpus tech's supra.