Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop staying afk on elite onslaught.

Pauluce

I don't get people that joins a public match then proceed to complain that people aren't playing the way you wanted them to. STOP joining pub and go to recruiting chat. They are created for people that want a specific play style. 

4 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

I agree.

I think the game should kick players out of onslaught if they dont kill any enemy in 5 or 10 seconds. 

A complainer's possible question: "bu... but... but.... I have lag because of a bad connection, a potato computer and that....."

My answer:  "Get a damn better one!!!  This is a shooting game, not a turn based game. "

Send me your address so that I can send the computer bills to you. And also, how about providing a better internet service in my country while you're at it. Or....never mind, screw all of that. Just turn Warframe into Osuframe where you have to play a rhythm game for every action you took including support skills.

Must be nice living in developed world huh?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

That's not afking its intentionally leeching as everyone hops in the portal every 2:30 if he was afk he'd be out by the 1st round. Which begs the question. If you go in mission to actively leech why not like....Try to do things?

Which was answered like twice already just in this thread. Because with an efficient frame or two (or three) in a squad, the personal input of that person is miniscule compared to the effort they need to put into it. Stop giving "leeching" a negative subtext, there's nothing wrong with "leeching" in a mission that's easily done by them solo. People who use efficient frames don't go public because they want the other people to cooperate, they go public because there're more mob spawns.

4 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

I don't get people that joins a public match then proceed to complain that people aren't playing the way you wanted them to. STOP joining pub and go to recruiting chat. They are created for people that want a specific play style. 

Send me your address so that I can send the computer bills to you. And also, how about providing a better internet service in my country while you're at it. Or....never mind, screw all of that. Just turn Warframe into Osuframe where you have to play a rhythm game for every action you took including support skills.

And I don't get people who keep commenting on threads about leechers who are literally doing NOTHING, with the whole "if you don't like their playstyle stop joining pubs". 

Newsflash my friend NOT PLAYING THE GAME IS NOT A PLAYSTYLE. 

I will agree that you give up a lot of room to complain about your team composition when you join a PUB game but using PUBs as an excuse to justify people who are doing literally nothing but dodging the inactivity timer is just dumb. There is a bare minimum to this game when it comes to participation and frankly unless that Limbo managed to join at the last second before they extracted from Onslaught.... there is no excuse to have all zeros in that game mode. 

23 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

I dont care about your stuff.  I just said a big TRUTH.  Sorry if that is annoying to the people, but it is my opinion.

I would not play this game (nor similar) if I didnt have decent stuff to run it, and the reason is very simple: playing a shooter with lag sucks..... it just sucks.... it is not enjoyable at all.

When I had a trash connection and a potato computer I used to play games where ping was NOT an important requirement.  Just because I would not enjoy those games, you know what I mean?

You can play what you want, of course, I am not forbidding that hahaha.  I just said a big truth.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

And I don't get people who keep commenting on threads about leechers who are literally doing NOTHING, with the whole "if you don't like their playstyle stop joining pubs". 

Newsflash my friend NOT PLAYING THE GAME IS NOT A PLAYSTYLE. 

I will agree that you give up a lot of room to complain about your team composition when you join a PUB game but using PUBs as an excuse to justify people who are doing literally nothing but dodging the inactivity timer is just dumb. There is a bare minimum to this game when it comes to participation and frankly unless that Limbo managed to join at the last second before they extracted from Onslaught.... there is no excuse to have all zeros in that game mode. 

Newsflash, leechers exist in every grind/reward based game. You chose to take the risk when you're running public squad so why be surprised when you meet them? If I wanna leech, I sure as hell will and these kinda posts won't stop me. Just quit the mission, report the leecher, join a premade squad and get on with your life. Is there a risk in premade squad? Sure, but it's much smaller compared to public.

15 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

If I wanna leech, I sure as hell will and these kinda posts won't stop me.

That kind of thoughts/behaviour in people is what, in general terms, makes humans nasty.

We should improve to become better people and avoid behaviors like that one.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

2 minutes ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

That kind of thoughts/behaviour in people is what, in general terms, makes humans nasty.

We should improve to become better people and avoid behaviors like that one.

Actually, people using words without any regard for context and generalizing them (like using leeching negatively when there's no negative implication whatsoever in the case of ESO pubs) and defending their points without actually taking their time and thinking for a second is what makes humans nasty.

5 hours ago, Starcanum said:

Also every single ESO pub I've played had someone who was using that super-efficient horde-slaying build, you got 1.4k kills between the two of you, obviously you didn't have much use for him anyway. People who play the super-efficient builds are fine, but if they're crying about someone else not contributing, that's super counter-intuitive.

No offense, but this is dumb logic.  1.4K kills between the two of them, that's probably 300-600 extra kills the two of them were forced to do because their teammate was dead weight not contributing.  You assume this Limbo-@ss couldn't kill anything because the other two were SO leet with their power-builds.  This doesn't explain for his taking zero damage.  This guy not only refused to contribute via kills, but also refused to put himself even close to harm's way.  Besides, most "map-clearing OP" players are very self-aware and know why their kills are much higher than others.  Even if OP were one of these people, he clearly wouldn't be angry if the Limbo just tried to contribute.  OP is angry because the Limbo basically jerked around, while in void, for almost the entire mission without showing a hint of wanting to help.  You might be trying to play devil's advocate, but you aren't doing a very good job.  

Edit: P.S. to your other points, just because there is a small likelihood that leechers will ever change, is no excuse to not report them.  That's a defeatist mentality.  If you get one leecher's account closed out of one-hundred reports, that's still a "win".  

Edited by AlMcFly
P.S.

23 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Edit: P.S. to your other points, just because there is a small likelihood that leechers will ever change, is no excuse to not report them.  That's a defeatist mentality.  If you get one leecher's account closed out of one-hundred reports, that's still a "win".  

exactly that, besides you cannot complain if you  JOINED a PUBLIC GAME

3 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Of course I can still complain.  Will it help much?  Probably not.  I'd probably get more success by slamming my head into a wall a few times.  Public Queues are still part of the community though and we shouldn't just accept they are a complete cesspool.  At least "complaining" puts the word out there for those people who don't even realize they are a bad teammate.  It likely won't really stop the ones who purposely try being bad teammates (they've usually made up their minds how to play by now).  

8 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

No offense, but this is dumb logic.  1.4K kills between the two of them, that's probably 300-600 extra kills the two of them were forced to do because their teammate was dead weight not contributing.  You assume this Limbo-@ss couldn't kill anything because the other two were SO leet with their power-builds.  This doesn't explain for his taking zero damage.  This guy not only refused to contribute via kills, but also refused to put himself even close to harm's way.  You might be trying to play devil's advocate, but you aren't doing a very good job.  

Simply saying that my logic is dumb doesn't prove anything. If you were to provide any proof that it is "dumb", I'd be more inclined to believe you, but as of now you just seem like a $&*^.

Have you ever tried playing ESO on an efficient frame? Everything around simply dies. If your frame is capable of doing that, and you still somehow want your teammates to go out of their way trying to find enemies to kill aim at just to watch them die, you're doing something wrong. And why would he want to put himself in harm's way if everything just dies after a second? Wouldn't that be illogical and dumb? Or is there some honour code that says "If you play with people who can be super effective and get 100% solo, you shouldn't follow your common sense and just let them do their thing. Instead, you should try your best to get 10 kills and die as much as possible, because the people on forums won't stop complaining otherwise."?

I'm only not doing a very good job because people blindly complain and refuse to listen to reason.

And P.S., it's not defeatist. The point isn't that we shouldn't report them. The point is that there's nothing to report. Him AFK'ing / leeching isn't detrimental to the gameplay or efficiency of the others, therefore there's nothing bad in what he's doing. Blindly referring to the "leecher" label is wrong in this situation, you have to look at the context. I can understand complaining about leechers at Eidolon where every person can potentially have 25% relative input to the team's damage, and losing that 25% would mean doing fewer runs in the night. And that's why no one pubs an Eidolon farm in their right mind. In ESO, however, if a saryn etc. makes a person's relative input negligible, people should mind their own business instead of seeing it as a bad thing. That's in no way dumb, that's just basic human understanding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starcanum said:

Simply saying that my logic is dumb doesn't prove anything. If you were to provide any proof that it is "dumb", I'd be more inclined to believe you, but as of now you just seem like a $&*^.

I stopped reading after this, because everything else must be as vomit-inducing as this sentence.  Explaining the reason why your logic is defeatist is argumentative proof.  Simply saying "you didn't provide any proof" does not make it true. What, would you like a trained psychiatrist to publicly weigh in on your statement through video log using a metric measuring how unintelligent individual comments are?  Don't be that simpleton who asks for proof when others make what are clearly value-based statements.

You're defending selfishness.  This 100% automatically invalidates any rationale you decide to give with your mental gymnastics.

Edited by AlMcFly
Grammar and Words

1 minute ago, AlMcFly said:

I stopped reading after this, because everything else must be as vomit-inducing as this sentence.  Explaining the reason why your logic is defeatist is argumentative proof.  Simply saying "you didn't provide any proof" does not make it true. 

You're defending selfishness.  This 100% automatically invalidates any rationale you decide to give with your mental gymnastics.

As I thought, you're incapable of coming up with any arguments and just use whatever random reason came to your mind to tell yourself you're right. You didn't explain anything, you missed the point entirely and still stay ignorant to that fact, but oh well, how can you not when you stop reading after the first sentence.

You're incapable of reason, I'm not interested in continuing the conversation with you unless you actually start speaking logically and making sense.

2 minutes ago, Starcanum said:

As I thought, you're incapable of coming up with any arguments and just use whatever random reason came to your mind to tell yourself you're right. You didn't explain anything, you missed the point entirely and still stay ignorant to that fact, but oh well, how can you not when you stop reading after the first sentence.

You're incapable of reason, I'm not interested in continuing the conversation with you unless you actually start speaking logically and making sense.

I edited my post one minute after with:

"What, would you like a trained psychiatrist to publicly weigh in on your statement through video log using a metric measuring how unintelligent individual comments are?  Don't be that simpleton who asks for proof when others make what are clearly value-based statements."

But since you are clearly raging at your computer right now with 30-second response windows, the point may have been lost on you.  

19 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

No, when you join a PUB game you don't get to complain if your team is simply bad or that you got teamed up with a frame you hate...... you very much have every right to complain if someone on your team isn't playing the game.

When you join any game you have effectively all agreed to at least attempt to do "the thing". 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Starcanum:

blablabla And people like you Blablablanonsense

What's that even supposed to mean? I didn't even complain myself, but just clarified what this thread is about. Standing around and doing nothing except turning your stick every 30 seconds or so i barely "playing the game" either. But hey... people like me, right?

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

14 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I edited my post one minute after with:

"What, would you like a trained psychiatrist to publicly weigh in on your statement through video log using a metric measuring how unintelligent individual comments are?  Don't be that simpleton who asks for proof when others make what are clearly value-based statements."

But since you are clearly raging at your computer right now with 30-second response windows, the point may have been lost on you.  

You're building a strawman here. I didn't ask proof in the context of value-based statements, I asked for proof of how that logic is dumb. Logic being dumb has nothing to do with values, and providing any argumentation to your statement would suffice for me to analyze it and agree or disagree. Instead you choose give none and act high and mighty about it now.

I'll break it down into a list since it's clearly difficult for you to follow the point and to keep from attacking me on the points I didn't make.

1) You said "1.4K kills between the two of them, that's probably 300-600 extra kills the two of them were forced to do because ...". That's wrong. Any efficient ESO farm build is capable of dealing with enemies before the allies can react, especially on the levels where the tileset is huge with a lot of walls and spread spawn points. Unless you play an efficient ESO farm build yourself, your contribution to the kills won't be high. Which leads to the next point.

2) In ESO, the rewards aren't based on the amount of kills. If the squad is already efficient enough, there's no reason to kill more. Especially to kill 5 enemies per wave, which will just end up in the person who tries to do at least something getting mad and complaining about the efficient frames, leading to their nerfs. And when you're already efficient enough, you don't need that other guy to try his best to get the 5% damage. There's nothing defeatist about choosing to ignore something that doesn't have any negatively effect on my gameplay.

3) Your only argument was that the mentality "I had" was defeatist, which was based on your previous sentence "to your other points, just because there is a small likelihood that leechers will ever change, is no excuse to not report them". Which, in turn, completely missed all of "my other points". To repeat myself, my point wasn't that "we shouldn't report them because maybe they'll change and it's okay we can forgive them", no. My point was that there's nothing wrong with leeching in a squad that already does everything that's required for success while your "input", should you choose to try, will be negligible.

4) This one is entirely value-based, but I'll still state it. If there's no negative effect on the results you're getting, you shouldn't care about what the others have in mind. I'll just copy-paste a part of my previous post since you were too cool to read it.

35 minutes ago, Starcanum said:

Blindly referring to the "leecher" label is wrong in this situation, you have to look at the context. I can understand complaining about leechers at Eidolon where every person can potentially have 25% relative input to the team's damage, and losing that 25% would mean doing fewer runs in the night. And that's why no one pubs an Eidolon farm in their right mind. In ESO, however, if a saryn etc. makes a person's relative input negligible, people should mind their own business instead of seeing it as a bad thing.

There's nothing "selfish" (or whatever other label you'll choose to use next) about not trying to do anything when the others have already covered for everything.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

What's that even supposed to mean? I didn't even complain myself, but just clarified what this thread is about.

You went out of your way to specify that they "weren't playing the game" by your definition, which they did. The "aren't playing the game" was your personal input, so the thing you quoted was supposed to mean "you indicated the point of view you're holding, so now I'm referring you to the same category as the other people who hold similar view on the subject".

So wait, was I an afk leecher in eso while I watched trinity hop up and down?

Man, I'm ashamed of myself.  

So is there a threshold that has to be introduced now for damage taken or dealt?  If you're below that threshold then you can be considered afk?  Wouldn't it be cool if I could troll another player by playing super efficiently then have then categorized as an afk leech?

This thread probably needs to be closed.  It's devolved into one keyboard-warrior frantically trying to defend going AFK in a PUBLIC MATCH, without prior agreement with teammates, trying to use his "irrefutable" logic based on conjecture and assumption of team party make-up, and intentions, to stifle anyone else from expressing how much they dislike strangers going idle in their team-based game.  

5 minutes ago, robbybe01234 said:

So wait, was I an afk leecher in eso while I watched trinity hop up and down?

Man, I'm ashamed of myself.  

So is there a threshold that has to be introduced now for damage taken or dealt?  If you're below that threshold then you can be considered afk?  Wouldn't it be cool if I could troll another player by playing super efficiently then have then categorized as an afk leech?

Apparently you either have to "at least attempt" to kill things to no avail and get frustrated at the efficient frames, or just embrace the fact that you're playing in an efficient squad and be considered a leech. There's no good way out, you should be ashamed of yourself.

2 minutes ago, Tora.Prime said:

If there is a squad with 4 @Starcanum there is a 100% chances that the mission fail, that is a fact right now :clem:

Nice ad hominem, now if you could elaborate on your joke that didn't make any sense, that would've been nice.

Just now, AlMcFly said:

This thread probably needs to be closed.  It's devolved into one keyboard-warrior frantically trying to defend going AFK in a PUBLIC MATCH, without prior agreement with teammates, trying to use his "irrefutable" logic based on conjecture and assumption of team party make-up, and intentions, to stifle anyone else from expressing how much they dislike strangers going idle in their team-based game.  

I'm not "stifling anyone else" from anything, I'm simply trying to provide enough arguments to sway the reasonable people. You're not one of them, so feel free to keep expressing your dislike for how people choose play their game which is, frankly, none of your business. And I'll in turn keep expressing my dislike for the way you chose to handle this discussion.

Edited by Starcanum

hace 2 minutos, Starcanum dijo:

Nice ad hominem, now if you could elaborate on your joke that didn't make any sense, that would've been nice.

Dude, if you idea of "play" is do nothing just don't go public, go solo to do nothing as you like, public is for ppl that want to play with randoms players, not carry them

7 minutes ago, Starcanum said:

so feel free to keep expressing your dislike for how people choose play their game which is, frankly, none of your business.  And I'll in turn keep expressing my dislike for the way you chose to handle this discussion.

Cool.  So I guess my personal behavior in public, which always affects those around me, is nobody else's business but my own.  I'll remember that next time someone disagrees with the way I am acting.  Oh wait, aren't you disagreeing with the way I am acting in public?  That's ironic.  

Edited by AlMcFly