Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining for the hearing impaired

Cheapkill

I love playing warframe but i have one catastrophic issue. To progress in the game i need to mine materials and to find them you need to follow your cutters beeps.
I have played around with the audio settings but i find it incredibly hard to hear as I'm slightly hearing impaired.
The only solution people suggest is getting a level 3 cutter that shows you where they are but i cant get a level 3 cutter with out gathering ore. Right now i have to have the volume mixer on my second screen and watch for it to bounce. This is very frustrating as gunfire and other sounds can send me off in the wrong direction.

Is there any hidden option I'm missing for the hearing impaired or is there anyway to have a red dot or something added to the game that flashes with the beeps. its a simple fix but i cant see an option anywhere for this. I have checked updates and i can see you made the beeping louder in the rain but as visual cue will solve this issue for everyone and doenst give anyone a unfair advantage it just makes it fair for everyone.
I know there is already a marker on the scanner saying of there is an ore close to you but with out the beeps it is very hard to pinpoint its location. Making that icon also flash with the beeps will resolve this

I would love to see warframe be accessible for more people and adding visual cues on top of an audio cue is the best way of doing this.

(Turns out it is in the game. Thanks for pointing it out guys might need to get my eyes checked aswell lol)

Edited by Cheapkill
Because I'm an idiot

I don't know if the thing you're asking for exists, but the distance to the nearest mining point is shown on the right of the UI, you can try using it. I'm usually using this when I have music or discord spamming my ears

Edited by Chewarette

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I don't know if the thing you're asking for exists, but the distance to the nearest mining point is shown on the right of the UI, you can try using it. I'm usually using this when I have music or discord spamming my ears

I can hear just fine and I find this suggestion is still the better option.  Much more precise at finding nodes.  I don't know if it's only the later cutter, but one even marks the nodes as orange circles on the mini-map.  

Also OP you can get the 3rrd cutters without farming ore... you just have to level up your Cetus via bounties or even turn in fish and spend the standing on the cutter instead.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

i actually used this from the beginning because i didnt realise at first that the beeping indicated direction/proximity.

that being said though, it could be useful for the hearing impaired if the crosshairs pulsed in sync with the beeps, to act as a visual indicator

Just now, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the pictures of the stones actually indicate how many are nearby

the pictures of stones also show their directional position.  If they're on the left or right of the line - then you need to go in that direction, same for up and down. 

19 minutes ago, Syasob said:

No, you need some ore and gems to up your Ostron rank http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ostron

Yeah my bad - thankfully though all he needs is super common minerals which you could easily just come across without too much looking.  The Seaspire Base has like 20 nodes at any given time inside the cave and they're super easy to find.  

Map showing exactly where the base is
https://imgur.com/r/warframe/SBoS1

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Well, the advanced mining laser makes gems appear in your map as if it was loot radar. Thing is, you have to get to Surah. If you add a visual indicator you may as well completely remove the sound.

And this is going to be rather unpopular, but if DE was to take every single possible disability into consideration, the game may as well play itself. Some compromises need to be made. If you need the gems to get higher in rank, you could get clannie or friend mine them for you while you guard them or do the incursions while they mine. They are tradable once cut.

And as an afterthought: You COULD message support with your case, see if they can *give* you the advanced cutter for free. And, you know, skip the grind that the rest of us have to go through to get it normally. But it is a possibility. I cant say I'd be happy to hear that happened. People getting a free pass.

Edited by VadiseReikaz

You can also use the proximity radar of the miner to know from in which direction is the ore. E.g., move to the left, the distance increases, but move to the right and the distance is decreases.

Also, ores can be spot without the radar, using your own eyes, even from great distances (50m+). I see lots of them during bounties, but I mostly ignore them.

Another tip is that ores have set spawn locations, but they won't spawn in all of them at once. So, go to a place where there are a lot of spawn locations cluttered together (your miner radar will show the number of ores in the area on the left of your screen), like the cave to west, on Er-Phryah's Vigil, then go back to Cetus, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Guest