Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FORMA HELL

5 minutes ago, KaineKaneChing said:

I'm not even bothered to forma any of frames with exalted weapons. Do they gain affinity much like regular weapons or like frames?

They gain affinity rather quickly.  Very much so.  I ranked up Titania twice at Hydron in just 10-15 waves each time.  Ivara was done on Akkad in just 10-15 also.  That's from 0 to maxed out. that's without a booster.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

thats because they are dps frames genius. Support frames are much more harder bc they cant killsteal the affinity gained from weapons.

Anyways

Would it break the game if we made forma more accessible for players or changed the way we have to level formaed weapons? bc IMO the process of adding a single polarity onto a weapon is quite over weighed by the fact that you have to wait a whole day to build a forma and waste time re leveling it.

WF sports a ton of content like Poe and Eso, so whats the point grinding there if you're going to spend most of your time in exp farms?

57 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

thats because they are dps frames genius. Support frames are much more harder bc they cant killsteal the affinity gained from weapons

You so quick to try to insult.  So shameful.  I'm already very experienced on ranking up DPS frames.  The exalted weapons still gain affinity and rank up extremely fast.  That even goes for when not using them directly.  Case and point was how the Diwata got the exact same affinity and ranks as the Dex Pixia while not being used nearly half as much.  

They all outleveled the single Tiberon Prime I was also carrying that I used for half of one of those runs.  

It's always better to be thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.   

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You so quick to try to insult.  So shameful.  I'm already very experienced on ranking up DPS frames.  The exalted weapons still gain affinity and rank up extremely fast.  That even goes for when not using them directly.  Case and point was how the Diwata got the exact same affinity and ranks as the Dex Pixia while not being used nearly half as much.  

They all outleveled the single Tiberon Prime I was also carrying that I used for half of one of those runs.  

It's always better to be thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.   

wow seems like ur really hurt after being called a genius. xdlol   so sry(nut)

Frames like trinity have no dps and cant effectively kill enemies to gain the 75% exp from enemies, so thats why they take a lot longer to lvl bc they only recieve 25% (+dodge) i was talking about frames not weapons geenyus

ofc u gained a badge for efficiently levling dps frames(not)

Lets try to stay on the topic about forma instead of being pedantic

7 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

Frames like trinity have no dps and cant effectively kill enemies to gain the 75% exp from enemies, so thats why they take a lot longer to lvl bc they only recieve 25% (+dodge) i was talking about frames not weapons geenyus

You still get 50% affinity to the frame for your own kills. So just bring a weapon that can kill a lot of enemies. It's not really a problem to rank up a frame fast.

12 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

wow seems like ur really hurt after being called a genius. xdlol   so sry(nut)

ofc u gained a badge for efficiently levling dps frames(not)

Lets try to stay on the topic about forma instead of being pedantic

Are you really that dense?  I answered a question for a fellow Tenno that was directly related to using forma on exalted weapons.  Even in my reply to you, I still gave information related to the topic at hand.  Which is about forma and the need to rank up the exalteds while forma'ing.  

But since you seem to think that your so smart, you are still wrong with your percentages.  When exalted weapons are activated all 100% of the affinity goes to the frame and in essence the exalted weapons.  On top of this the exalted weapons themselves rank up much faster than both their respective frames before the change and regular weapons.  

The effect is equivalent to having a booster while experiencing double affinity weekend.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

21 hours ago, KaineKaneChing said:

I'm not even bothered to forma any of frames with exalted weapons. Do they gain affinity much like regular weapons or like frames?

They gain affinity really quickly because it's the same as levelling a weapon but it's going to be significantly faster due to the amount of kills exalted weapons make. Just unequip other weapons and you'll be done in no time.

6 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

They gain affinity really quickly because it's the same as levelling a weapon but it's going to be significantly faster due to the amount of kills exalted weapons make. Just unequip other weapons and you'll be done in no time.

I don't think you have to unequip your weapons. As far as I can tell, exalted weapons just gets the same amount of affinity as your frame does. If you kill and enemy with any warframe ability, you get 100% affinity BOTH to your frame and your exalted weapon. If you kill an enemy with a weapon, you get 50% affinity to both frame and exalted weapon, and 50% to your weapons. And so on.

5 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I don't think you have to unequip your weapons. As far as I can tell, exalted weapons just gets the same amount of affinity as your frame does. If you kill and enemy with any warframe ability, you get 100% affinity BOTH to your frame and your exalted weapon. If you kill an enemy with a weapon, you get 50% affinity to both frame and exalted weapon, and 50% to your weapons. And so on.

Quite possible, I didn't actually test it, I just treated it like levelling up any other weapon. I can tell you this though, I added a forma to both excal umbra and exalted blade, took them both to normal onslaught to level from zero and Exalted was levelled in 4 zones while excal umbra didn't max out by zone 8 and I had to start another onslaught.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Quite possible, I didn't actually test it, I just treated it like levelling up any other weapon. I can tell you this though, I added a forma to both excal umbra and exalted blade, took them both to normal onslaught to level from zero and Exalted was levelled in 4 zones while excal umbra didn't max out by zone 8 and I had to start another onslaught.

Yeah I didn't test it either, this was just what it seemed like to me. Because I brought a full loadout with both Mesa and Exal including all weapons, and it still leveled extremely fast. Which would make sense if you get 100% affinity for killing with a warframe ability, since you kill pretty much all the enemies with your exalted weapon.

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

You don't have to unequip your weapons.  You can even go in with a full arsenal minus sentinel/pet.  Once you activate the exalted, all the other weapons are blocked from getting any affinity.  Once you deactivate the exalted, then affinity gains return to normal.  

Titania is special because she also blocks sentinels and pets.  This is why she's so good at single lens focus farming.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

You don't have to unequip your weapons.  You can even go in with a full arsenal minus sentinel/pet.  Once you activate the exalted, all the other weapons are blocked from getting any affinity.  Once you deactivate the exalted, then affinity gains return to normal.  

Titania is special because she also blocks sentinels and pets.  This is why she's so good at single lens focus farming.  

Ah, that would make sense then.

My gripe with the change is right now on the current console update everything is set. I have my stat sticks all forma’d and comfortably done. It looks like now I’ll have to go through and redo all of this for a small quality of life change. I’m constantly putting forma into things so I don’t have any to spare so In the end this is just a inconvenience that’ll put off me using my favorite frames until I have the needed forma. 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)DrivableKarma3 said:

My gripe with the change is right now on the current console update everything is set. I have my stat sticks all forma’d and comfortably done. It looks like now I’ll have to go through and redo all of this for a small quality of life change. I’m constantly putting forma into things so I don’t have any to spare so In the end this is just a inconvenience that’ll put off me using my favorite frames until I have the needed forma. 

Since you know for sure it's coming, get out there and farm and build some forma.  This way you will have some ready when the update hits console.  

On the plus side of things, each exalted already comes with 3 polarities.  Usually two Vs and a dash or 2 dishes and a V.  So you won't really have to use as much forma as you would for regular weapons.  

Edit: Also it's not nearly as bad as some would lead you to believe.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

you are talking about an endgame build, that can do any content in the game.

it should be hard to achieve! it should take you a lot of effort and resources otherwise its not an accomplishment

also a lot of players at the end of the game are running out of things to do and appreciate the new goals to work for the exalted weapons work well without forma but if you want the most power you need to work for it 

15 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Are you really that dense?  I answered a question for a fellow Tenno that was directly related to using forma on exalted weapons.  Even in my reply to you, I still gave information related to the topic at hand.  Which is about forma and the need to rank up the exalteds while forma'ing.  

But since you seem to think that your so smart, you are still wrong with your percentages.  When exalted weapons are activated all 100% of the affinity goes to the frame and in essence the exalted weapons.  On top of this the exalted weapons themselves rank up much faster than both their respective frames before the change and regular weapons.  

The effect is equivalent to having a booster while experiencing double affinity weekend.  

omg

i already know that frames have exalted weapons can kill faster to gain more exp. I was trying to say how frames WITHOUT exalted weps gain exp much slower bc they cant kill, which imo is a problem with the levling system. Which is why it was so much harder to forma my Trinity.

i like how you managed to completely deviate this convo on just my salty header. Gr8 now my original points are lost

Edited by Megalomaniac_101