The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Host Migration - Sanctuary Onslaught [Fixed]

ApeSlayer

Getting more sanctuary games with crashed migration that without it... This is realy annoying.

I get the need for migration if host extracts or drops, but at least make it work please. These days host migration = being stuck on loading screen forever and having to shut down the whole game.

Yeah, I have noticed this happening, too. My only suggestion while they fix it is to find groups in the recruitment channel instead. This way you know everyone will stay and leave at the same time and there won't be any host migration bugs.

and still you are getting host migration every match. Literally. Every. Match. I can't get a single run up to wave 8 and at least 240k focus went to drain.

I honestly don't know what kind of feedback I can be giving but to say how a mess onslaught still is after months.

I honestly suggest DE to keep our loot and focus after EACH WAVE completed if you can't solve this host migration problem or you just don't bother to.

At least allow player to get something out of the hard work. Or is host migration a new kind of grinding? 

Edited by Marvelous_A

I don't even dare to start farming Khora coz I don't think I will ever be able to keep the parts even if I manage to get one drop

How did DE manage to leave this mode a bloody mess as it is since release? It has been months and there is barely any improvement.

hmmm, i dont know about you guys but i join alot of random squads on ESO and even the normal one when i tried farming Khora yet i never encountered that 'Host Migration' issue that much. Must be some internet connection thing on you. 

it did happen on earlier days of Onslaught but lately its not happening, unless host decides to exit on earlier zones then yeah -- host migration 

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

Third time in a row tonight: at some point the host disconnects or leaves and I'm stuck on a screen for host migration that never ends. All of which during Sanctuary Onslaught, because you know, still trying to farm those Khora parts. What do I get? Absolutely nothing, as I had to alt-F4 every time.

Would really prefer to not continue wasting literally hours of time with nothing to show for it, especially in Sanctuary Onslaught which has yielded me too few Khora parts.

yea i kind of lost my will to play today because of this crap, like once in a while would be tolerable but its every other match bugs out and crashes out i dont think i'll be playing onslaught in a pub till this gets fixed, it's a motivation killer...

I am officially signing my seal of disapproval on this host migration voiding all progress. On Elite, I have tried 3x in a row, and all 3x the host migration got us all stuck in an infinite loading screen until we had to Alt+F4 with 0 loot, 0 xp, and 100% frustration. It was, in all sense of the phrase, literally a waste of time

Was in normal Onslaught.
At Zone 8 there was a host migration.
Normally it would just disconnect me, and send me back to my ship,
but this time it did what it is supposed to,
and chose a new host to rejoin the mission with.
But, the load-screen broke.
The mission wouldn't load, and eventually, after 6 minutes,
I "lost connection to the host", even though we could still talk in squad chat.
However, normally at this point i'd just click OK and move on,
but the mouse curser was missing, so I couldn't click it.
I also couldn't press Enter to OK it.
Esc didn't work either.
Only thing I could do is press Alt+F4, which force quits the game and mission.
So, another notch on the "missions quit" stat in my profile thanks to bugs.

~

~

Keeps. Happening. Every. Clem-loving. Time.

I'm not normally one to yell at devs, but you need to start refunding boosters at this point. With the ridiculous number of forma needed for the exalted weapons change the sheer amount of my time wasted is getting unacceptable.  

Same here. My loading gauge was filled up and also other players' gauge yet, still, can't resume the mission but stuck in loading screen seeing everybody just steer the aircrafts for 5 or more minutes straight before i alt+f4. (Usually during Sanctuary Onslaught)

+1

This has happend twice to me today.

During Onslaught, I went through the portal and the other players didn't. Host migration screen comes up and that's it. I'm stuck in it and can't do anything. It's very frustrating because I lost all the progress for that session.

If host migrations are so unstable, why isn't mission progress saved at the end of each successfully completed wave? This mechanism is stuffed to be honest.

Cheers.

i can second that. infinite host migration after 10 rounds of elite onsaught ....

this has to be adressed quickly

after the host leaves the game, it gets stuck migrating hosts like the other post describes. seeing other people suffer the same "bug" or connection error or whatever its likely that this is a widespread problem.

Just had this happen three times in a row. First two times were around zones 3-5, most recent time was on zone 8. I highly doubt there were connection problems specifically for the host (and only the host) for three different games with three different groups that resulted in that coincidentally. Something is making a full rotation of SO impossible to complete.