Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Remove Recoil From Burst Weapons Or All Weapons, Or Add Recoil To Buffed Rifles?

Destro6677

@Destro6677

It looks to me to be all screenshake and aim decay, which I am against aim decay because you *cant* account for that with skill, besides the skill of knowing how to time your bursts and turn what is a full auto into essentially a semi-auto. I much rather prefer being able to learn how my gun recoils and account for that so that I can fire for long periods and still get mostly accurate shots at range instead of having to just click fire single shots to avoid my bullets dancing around the target instead of hitting it.

No. Just no.

Recoil is something that can be compensated with some skill and experience, aim decay doesn't require any skill whatsoever.

Lack of recoil would also make all the big automatic guns feel "neutered" down.

Which would you rather have?

1)Feeling like you are using a laser pointer to melt down the enemy health bar.

2)Feeling like you are holding and struggling to hold that furious, raging beast spewing fire and death under control while it is tearing your enemies apart limb by limb and painting the walls red with their blood.

I choose the option 2 thank you very much.

@Destro6677

It looks to me to be all screenshake and aim decay, which I am against aim decay because you *cant* account for that with skill, besides the skill of knowing how to time your bursts and turn what is a full auto into essentially a semi-auto. I much rather prefer being able to learn how my gun recoils and account for that so that I can fire for long periods and still get mostly accurate shots at range instead of having to just click fire single shots to avoid my bullets dancing around the target instead of hitting it.

Thank you. 

Although I'm still at a loss as to how more severe recoil for burst fire as opposed to automatics is a good thing.

@Destro6677

I am not saying that the recoil cant be improved/fixed, all that I am saying is that I much prefer recoil to aim decay. I can agree that recoil needs to be addressed on a few guns that I have used, but just removing it out right and switching to aim decay is not the right way to go in my opinion.

Perhaps I should edit this thread to be about increasing recoil for automatic fire with normal rifles and reducing it for burst weapons.

I've always felt the Braton's firing mechanic to be slightly unrealistic with regards to 100% accuracy on the move, full auto mode, whatever mode it's fired in.

Edited by Destro6677

Remove the weapons' recoil? You do realize that's not how guns work, right?

It would only make the game easier, just point, shoot, and &!$$ lead.

Errr, that's what I do when using a Braton anyways.

Point, Click, and &!$$ lead.

So I can do that with a Braton that's full auto, but OMG NOOOOOOOOO WE CAN'T EVER DARE LET ANYBODY TO DO THAT WITH BURSTON OR HIND!!! or something?

Edited by Xylia