Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone got any tips for levelling and using the archwing

(PSN)MegBethany6

Question

hey,

the title pretty much says it all but, I have just done the archwing mission after starting this last week.

I want to level it up and make a build for it so I can do later missions on it but I don't know where the mods drop or how to level it up quickly.

thanks in advance!

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)MegBethany6 said:

I want to level it up and make a build for it so I can do later missions on it but I don't know where the mods drop or how to level it up quickly.

I believe the best place to level is: Salalcia, Neptune. 

Mods seem to just drop when you do AW missions.

MegBethany (can I call you MegaBeth?),

The best way to level Archwing is to find others who want to level archwing - which can be hard to do. Failing this, watch for AW alerts not on Uranus (landed AW missions, no AW XP). Most AW mission can be soloed, but that's painfully slow XP. Go to the recruiting chat channel and go teamed.

G'Luck! 

Edited by Canach

Neptune Salacia. Its a mobile defense mission. I suggest going in with other people, because when you are just starting working on archwing, it will be difficult for you to survive/defend the actual objective. solo, also you get more enemies/xp with more people. From my experience there are almost always some people running this mission, either also farming XP or mods, but thats on PC, dunno about PS4.

Find a friendly veteran, ask him to give you his duplicate AW mods (or just pay for them). Then make a halfway decent build to easily do AW missions.

To actually farm, as other said Salacia, Neptune. I don't think there is much better.

Wait for a x2 weekend (how long since they've had one of those?), get a x2 booster, go to recruit chat, then Salacia, Neptune.  You'll get a weapon to 27-29 in a single run, an archwing to 30 in 3 runs.  Otherwise it's a PitA to grind archwing.  

Luckily, if you want to be good at Archwing, there's only a few weapons you actually need to level.  Use the rest for MR fodder and save leveling them for a booster or x2 weekend.

Guns:  Stats don't matter as much as actually being able to hit targets.  Fluctus has a big hitbox, Grattler is full auto with a small AoE effect.  Velocitus makes it too hard to hit most targets but is great against the Golem.

Melee:  The Centaur is strictly better than the other arch melee weapons if you have the crit mods (not hard to find)

Archwings:  Amesha and Itzal are the most useful, Elytron can be entertaining, the Odonatas are crap.  

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

My advice for AW is pretty much always the same. 

The starter gear is pretty trash, get it to 30 for the mastery and then replace it with virtually ANY other AW gear. 

My personal recommendation is the Itzal. Its a bit on the squish side but it will make collecting mods/resources a lot easier. Plus with a Forma or two it is top tier. The Amesha is a close second mostly because it essentially breaks Archwing with it's "I Win" ability but it is a Nitain hog. The Elytron is just kinda fun and tanky.

As others have already covered Selacia is the place to go if you want to lvl stuff. 

Weapon wise my Goto gear outside of the Itzal is either the Fluctus (kill everything) or Velocitus (kill that one thing in particular) along with the Centaur. There are some other kinda entertaining-ish weapons but those will get the job done erry time. Pretty much the Itzal raider pack 😛

55 minutes ago, Oreades said:

My advice for AW is pretty much always the same. 

The starter gear is pretty trash, get it to 30 for the mastery and then replace it with virtually ANY other AW gear. 

My personal recommendation is the Itzal. Its a bit on the squish side but it will make collecting mods/resources a lot easier. Plus with a Forma or two it is top tier. The Amesha is a close second mostly because it essentially breaks Archwing with it's "I Win" ability but it is a Nitain hog. The Elytron is just kinda fun and tanky.

As others have already covered Selacia is the place to go if you want to lvl stuff. 

Weapon wise my Goto gear outside of the Itzal is either the Fluctus (kill everything) or Velocitus (kill that one thing in particular) along with the Centaur. There are some other kinda entertaining-ish weapons but those will get the job done erry time. Pretty much the Itzal raider pack 😛

^^^This.  Every part of what was said.  

OP, i can recommend doing one of the Corpus exterminate missions.  I forgot which planet.  I think it's one Jupiter.  It's very easy to solo, the enemies just keep coming in a manageable way, and also allows you to safely level you AW rather quickly without having to depend on others to help.  

Also as was said above, get rid of the starter AW gear as soon as possible.  Anything else is worlds better than the default AW gear that is given.  My personal favorites are the Itzal and Cyngas gun.  

Missed Something - What is it that everyone likes about the Centaur? 

I haven't tried it, but am using the Rathbone (impact) vs Corpus and the Agkuza (puncture) vs Grineer, and they both do very well, but then the original (slash) Veritux worked pretty well too...

9 minutes ago, Canach said:

Missed Something - What is it that everyone likes about the Centaur

The Centaur is noticeably more powerful than all the other AW melee.  I noticed it as soon as I first used it even with only two mods on it at the time.  

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

The Centaur is noticeably more powerful than all the other AW melee.  I noticed it as soon as I first used it even with only two mods on it at the time.  

Well, I noticed it's base damage is nothing special, and mostly Slash - but infested aren't flying archwing (yet) (to my knowledge) - but I also noticed the multihit capability noted in the wiki and wonder if that is what is making it special? It also has good crit and status, but I don't see that as making up for being wrong damage type.. like I said, I havent' tried it, but I will now.

:redveil:

BTW: Best archwing weapon so far has got to be Dex Pixia! (LOL)

Edited by Canach

7 minutes ago, Canach said:

Well, I noticed it's base damage is nothing special, and mostly Slash - but infested aren't flying archwing (yet) (to my knowledge) - but I also noticed the multihit capability noted in the wiki and wonder if that is what is making it special? It also has good crit and status, but I don't see that as making up for being wrong damage type.. like I said, I havent' tried it, but I will now.

:redveil:

BTW: Best archwing weapon so far has got to be Dex Pixia! (LOL)

Trust me.  Just ignore the stats.  They will mislead you.  Of all the AW melee weapons the Centaur has easily oneshotted almost every enemy type in the star chart. 

While I love the Scythe (I can't remember it's name) for style reasons, i just couldn't ignore the Centaur after having used it.  

Just for reference, I have all the weapons except for the Rathbone and Fluctus. 

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Trust me.  Just ignore the stats.  They will mislead you.  Of all the AW melee weapons the Centaur has easily oneshotted almost every enemy type in the star chart. 

While I love the Scythe (I can't remember it's name) for style reasons, i just couldn't ignore the Centaur after having used it.  

Just for reference, I have all the weapons except for the Rathbone and Fluctus. 

The Rathbone and Fluctus are two I like very well, Fluctus my fav gun right now. Yes, I will try the Centaur! 👍

So far I have only tried the Imperator/Vandal (like), Velocitus (missing barns broadside), Grattler (great or weak depending on mission), Fluctus (Greatness), and the three melee I mentioned (Veritux, Agkuza, Rathbone).

Edited by Canach

Some people suggested grouping, but I recommend going solo. Who needs a wingman, amirite?

It may not be the fastest, but the immersion you'll get is something else. You won't be rushing to the objective/extraction so you can take time soaking up the views in space, the mechanics and the loot farm- I got more AW specific mods this way...

Also on PS the L3 boosts your speed. This increased flight speed is super fun, it reminds me of that time the Lotus dropped the Tenno in space it's a very fun feeling of flying.