The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Direct question to the devs

IanLuminus

Question

Since this is technically tied to abilities, I felt this the best place to post. If not, please move where appropriate.

For a while now, we've been teased with the idea of a non-specific focus point pool. When the first iteration of such was released, half of that concept was implemented in the form of being able to spend any tree's points to increase capacity. One of my clanmates said that the intent was still to remove the per-tree gains from lenses and make them simple generic lenses and the points gained could be freely spent on any tree.

Is this still an intended change? Is there an ETA? I don't want to make 5 sets of the same gear for optimization of such if there's plans to change how it works (and thus waste plat on slots that I may or may not use in the future, waste lenses, waste reactors/catalysts, etc..), and I think a clear-cut, straight answer would be appreciated by everyone.

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, IanLuminus said:

Since this is technically tied to abilities, I felt this the best place to post. If not, please move where appropriate.

For a while now, we've been teased with the idea of a non-specific focus point pool. When the first iteration of such was released, half of that concept was implemented in the form of being able to spend any tree's points to increase capacity. One of my clanmates said that the intent was still to remove the per-tree gains from lenses and make them simple generic lenses and the points gained could be freely spent on any tree.

Is this still an intended change? Is there an ETA? I don't want to make 5 sets of the same gear for optimization of such if there's plans to change how it works (and thus waste plat on slots that I may or may not use in the future, waste lenses, waste reactors/catalysts, etc..), and I think a clear-cut, straight answer would be appreciated by everyone.

That never was the intention of DE.

As far as I understood it, that was never intended in any way; and the points being spent from any pool to increase the overall capacity was as far as it would go. I don't even recall the devs saying on any stream or forum thread that generic focus was even a slight possibility

Well, either way, I'd still like a solid yes or no from someone on the actual dev team, no offense to the community, before I commit to making 5 sets of the same gear with different lenses in it, and to answer the same question for anyone else making plans to do this in the future.