The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra is bad design.

swodaem

Just now, Lanadra said:

Sounds like you also got what you were expecting then. Perhaps a bit light on the difference in abilities though.

Well DE did change his howl so it's faster now. Not a fan of that. I did enjoy the slower cast time for some reason.

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

Well DE did change his howl so it's faster now. Not a fan of that. I did enjoy the slower cast time for some reason.

Can't say I've experimented much myself after getting him, mostly on hiatus. But I reckon the ability cast time was changed due to feedback.

Just now, FillyRarity said:

So.

Something being objectively better is fine.

If everyone can get it.

Just.

Not when it's your frame that nobody else can get.

You're missing the point of what he's saying entirely. When Umbra was first announced it was said that they wouldn't be direct upgrades, they would have systems revolving around Umbra, something that would set them apart from Primes. Something new and different. At one point it was teased that they wouldn't even have the same kit. The current iteration of Umbra is basically the same thing we already have and have had. It may not be insanely better, but it's objectively better than Prime and if the trend continues it just comes off as lazy. It's one thing to go from normal to prime, as it makes sense lore wise, but now we're getting a 3rd tier of frames that were supposed to be something different. I was full expecting it to tie into some new metagame system that would give vets something to work towards. Some new form of end game. I was wrong, and it sucks.

3 minutes ago, FillyRarity said:

So.

Something being objectively better is fine.

If everyone can get it.

Just.

Not when it's your frame that nobody else can get.

Basically it's their mindset.

Sit on the Excalibur Prime, the only Excalibur upgrade available before Umbra that's exclusive to themselves and complaint how Umbra being a free global upgrade to Excalibur which is not exclusive to non founders.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Basically it's their mindset.

Sit on the Excalibur Prime, the only Excalibur upgrade available before Umbra that's exclusive to themselves and complaint how Umbra being a free global upgrade to Excalibur which is not exclusive to non founders.

No one here has said that. No one here has insinuated that. Stop putting words in people's mouths to push some "founders are all selfish evil brats" narrative because you don't have Excal Prime.

Just now, Pent_ said:

No one here has said that. No one here has insinuated that. Stop putting words in people's mouths to push some "founders are all selfish evil brats" narrative because you don't have Excal Prime.

You don't have to want excalibur prime. But you can point out just how bizarre it is for *one* prime out of all is the one other people cant touch. I guess we can talk about this since we know umbra is pointless now. 

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

I mean with how some founders have conducted themselves on the forum and how many of you guys have worded your narrative, you'll have to forgive us 99% plebeians if that's the conclusion we've come to.

Just now, Pent_ said:

OK so like if Umbra is not a direct upgrade to Excalibur. So what if non founders want a upgrade of vanilla Excalibur? They just...don't? Coz some elite groups calls founders exist? Or you're gonna make the prime available to us also? Or we have to stick with vanilla like forever? Seriously, stop trying to make power up a privilege to yourselves.

Just now, CupcakesMoo said:

You don't have to want excalibur prime. But you can point out just how bizarre it is for *one* prime out of all is the one other people cant touch. I guess we can talk about this since we know umbra is pointless now. 

Have you ever purchased a collector's anything? Like a figure or a book, limited edition comic books, maybe even trading cards for popular TCGs that you could only get a movie premiers or conventions. They're usually limited to draw people in. It's a really common marketing technique that only works when you keep your promise, otherwise you earn yourself a negative reputation as a company or organization that goes back on their word.

This has nothing to do with the fact that Umbra is a huge letdown, however, or the OP of the thread. It devolved into this because people apparently really want that 5000 master points.

3 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I mean with how some founders have conducted themselves on the forum and how many of you guys have worded your narrative, you'll have to forgive us 99% plebeians if that's the conclusion we've come to.

Your condescending and snarky attitude only furthers my point that you are a detriment to this community and this discussion. Stop doing what you're doing. Grow up.

Edited by Pent_

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

You more or less confirmed with this post that you've been generalizing this entire time based off the behavior of those "some founders".

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

OK so like if Umbra is not a direct upgrade to Excalibur. So what if non founders want a upgrade of vanilla Excalibur? They just...don't? Coz some elite groups calls founders exist? Or you're gonna make the prime available to us also? Or we have to stick with vanilla like forever? Seriously, stop trying to make power up a privilege to yourselves.

For #*!%s sake it's like you didn't read a thing I said.

Have you ever purchased a collector's anything? Like a figure or a book, limited edition comic books, maybe even trading cards for popular TCGs that you could only get a movie premiers or conventions. They're usually limited to draw people in. It's a really common marketing technique that only works when you keep your promise, otherwise you earn yourself a negative reputation as a company or organization that goes back on their word.

This has nothing to do with the fact that Umbra is a huge letdown, however, or the OP of the thread. It devolved into this because people apparently really want that 5000 master points.

I have some baseball stuff that is personally signed and dated. Does that count? 

Also are you talking about forum points? The mods can disable mine if they want I literally cant care any less about my forum score. 

Stop doing what you're doing

Only when you admit that this is all about you guys not feeling special no more because everyone else now has a free Excal variant, that looks better than Swordy McKeyFace Prime.

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

Only when you admit that this is all about you guys not feeling special no more because everyone else now has a free Excal variant, that looks better than Swordy McKeyFace Prime.

I rarely play this game anymore because of how bad the design choices have become, and I want to play less because the community is very toxic. Sweet generalization though. I hope the spite eats you alive.

1 minute ago, CupcakesMoo said:

I have some baseball stuff that is personally signed and dated. Does that count? 

Also are you talking about forum points? The mods can disable mine if they want I literally cant care any less about my forum score. 

No. I'm talking about the Mastery from Excal Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime.

3 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Disrespect on both sides of the fence is not how you find resolution. It is such a shame constructive threads and healthy discussion are tainted by this kind of nonsense.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

4 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Have you ever purchased a collector's anything?

Yes, plenty of times. Let me tell you, never buy into a founders for any game that has a Russian developer or publisher. You think you've got it rough here with your self made boogeyman. Wargaming has sold founders tank time and time again, heck they've sold tank that they've said they won't sell again due to balance issues. But there they go selling them again.

Just now, Pent_ said:

I rarely play this game anymore because of how bad the design choices have become, and I want to play less because the community is very toxic. Sweet generalization though. I hope the spite eats you alive.

No. I'm talking about the Mastery from Excal Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime.

They've already said everyone will reach max mastery so this is of no consequence.