Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's stasis

-CM-Harbinger

Hey,so i was wondering what ppl think about limbos's stasis being chopped in half?

As a limbo player i use limbo in most missions and the change just ruins him for me... I know its just a minor annoyance to have to keep recasting stasis over and over again, but then i could ask the same question why even change it?

In my case where i use limbo in grineer spy missions (amongst everything else) and i usually banish the "scanning drones" that will trigger alarm when they detect you and i try to run and hack the consoles as fast as i can before the duration of the statis runs out, but the current duration is not even close to enough, even though im max duration build.

And ofc i understand that some ppl want to shoot enemies while they r inside the cataclysm being protected, but they have multiple other choices other than limbo (frost and gara for example) and this makes limbo like one amongst others wich does not make him special in any way.

The recent changes would probably be better implemented as an augment mod IMO, incase some ppl rather keep the long duration vs being able to shoot enemies.

So my last question is: is there a chance to reconsider the current changes?

hace 1 minuto, THeMooN85 dijo:

You push button "2" twice instead of once ... and you and your teammates can shoot things whatever they want... and thaat's it. Good change.

i think he says why the change, if the same, and the energy its not a problem, then why? x)

1 minute ago, XCpDaX said:

i think he says why the change, if the same, and the energy its not a problem, then why? x)

thats exactly what i mean.

Currently the change adds one positive effect and one negative effect.

If that positive effect does not matter to you, then its all negative.

And in this case the negative effect for me is that when u try to do a grineer spy mission with those scanning drones, you dont have enough time to hack the consoles before the duration runs out, and then the drones will trigger the alarm...

Like i said earlier "minor annoyance"

I was kind of shocked when i heard that limbo was getting some changes as i though he was one of the frames with best synergy between his abilities... and DE usually find pritty good solutions to such problems, like when ppl got banished by limbo and they didnt want it, they could just roll out of it and done... but this just feels a bit disappointing. and maybe its not a big deal, but since limbo was my favorite frame i feel kind of let down i guess... thats why i wanted to double check if there will be any new changes or something...

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

DE's twisted idea of balance : D

Wtf is this comment even meant to say? You really don't understand? DE's twisted idea of balance, what a dumb thing to say. As if you would be able to do even half as good job as they do with this game.

Being able to completely paralyze enemies while also able to shoot them as many times as neccessary without a problem in exchange for shorter duration is a good trade. And even better news for Limbo's teammates as they had no control over stasis freezing their guns before.

24 minutes ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

Hey,so i was wondering what ppl think about limbos's stasis being chopped in half?

As a limbo player i use limbo in most missions and the change just ruins him for me... I know its just a minor annoyance to have to keep recasting stasis over and over again, but then i could ask the same question why even change it?

In my case where i use limbo in grineer spy missions (amongst everything else) and i usually banish the "scanning drones" that will trigger alarm when they detect you and i try to run and hack the consoles as fast as i can before the duration of the statis runs out, but the current duration is not even close to enough, even though im max duration build.

And ofc i understand that some ppl want to shoot enemies while they r inside the cataclysm being protected, but they have multiple other choices other than limbo (frost and gara for example) and this makes limbo like one amongst others wich does not make him special in any way.

The recent changes would probably be better implemented as an augment mod IMO, incase some ppl rather keep the long duration vs being able to shoot enemies.

So my last question is: is there a chance to reconsider the current changes?

1 minute of locking down an area and being invincible isnt enough? Wow

2 minutes ago, DjKaplis said:

Wtf is this comment even meant to say? You really don't understand? DE's twisted idea of balance, what a dumb thing to say. As if you would be able to do even half as good job as they do with this game.

Being able to completely paralyze enemies while also able to shoot them as many times as neccessary without a problem in exchange for shorter duration is a good trade. And even better news for Limbo's teammates as they had no control over stasis freezing their guns before.

Like i said in the main post (again), i understand the positive effect, but why add the negative? why does it have to be a trade? compare him to frost and you get better result from frost than limbo... but earlier you cold not compare those two because they had very different play styles. or even gara...

once again, its a minor annoyance and it could just as well not be there for those who use limbo as a defence frame, but for those who use him for spy it kind of changes a lot of things...

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

My max duration build gives me 120s of stasis currently... Once console gets the update..  that build will give 60s. 

So... Ur supposedly a limbo main? Ok then

i dont know how u managed to get it to 120s, but im currently 306% duration wich is max and its on 45s and cata is ~90s

28 minutes ago, DjKaplis said:

it was sarcasm mate, chill out XD

7 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

i dont know how u managed to get it to 120s, but im currently 306% duration wich is max and its on 45s and cata is ~90s

Because he lyin

Anyway yes this makes limbo harder to solo spy missions unfortunately. But you should be carrying ciphers for basic runs and rush for sorties. 

Granted this means youll have to make a really strange build vs the normal ones but its doable. Or just be patient and let the drones pass on certain rooms while freezing them on others. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

I'm still waiting for the Stasis rework on consoles, but it won't negatively impact me much. 

I don't leave it on the full duration as is unless I'm leaving an objective unattended. I use it in bursts to line up my shots then release them. 

With the rework i won't even need that so it will stay on full duration. It'll still be less toggling than I do now. Lol

He kind of lost his identity. From master of time control to maybe a novice. In every movie were people stop time, almost always the bullets are frozen as well, thats what made it awesome, and you had to use melee same as movies where they used knives, etc. 

I used to always recommend him to other players and tell them how to play him, but now... meh, any other warframe does the same and maybe even better.

Doesnt he now have the shortest CC of all warframes with max duration? just wondering.

4 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

He kind of lost his identity. From master of time control to maybe a novice. In every movie were people stop time, almost always the bullets are frozen as well, thats what made it awesome, and you had to use melee same as movies where they used knives, etc. 

I used to always recommend him to other players and tell them how to play him, but now... meh, any other warframe does the same and maybe even better.

Doesnt he now have the shortest CC of all warframes with max duration? just wondering.

So basically, you liked to troll. Im an avid limbo player, the only change i wanted was the change we got. The less duration doesn't matter. Plus his 1 cc's quite well.

overall HUGE buff. 

BUFFS

- can use guns in rift.  now it doesnt mess up teammate fire

- teammates cant mess up your stasis  

NERFS

- duration

it still basically cheating on a timer.  except now teammates cant mess it up

Edited by hukurokuju5

The changes haven't hit consoles yet but I imagine it won't affect me as much. I have 70 seconds duration on my Limbo's stasis but most of the time, I turn stasis on and off before the full duration is used up. I hardly ever use all that 70 seconds. Even when its halved like 35 seconds, I don't think I'll be using all of that.

11 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

He still stops bullets but only enemy bullets. This has interesting applications. I can now force a boss in the rift with Cataclysm and even though I can't stop their movements, I can stop their bullets from flying while me and my team mates can just spam our guns on the boss. Like sniper rifles and opticors and we won't get shot back at by the boss.

Basically Limbo gets even more useful in sortie assassinations. Almost all of them even the bosses with weak spots that open and close now.

On 2018-06-26 at 6:22 AM, hukurokuju5 said:

overall HUGE buff. 

BUFFS

- can use guns in rift.  now it doesnt mess up teammate fire

- teammates cant mess up your stasis  

NERFS

- duration

it still basically cheating on a timer.  except now teammates cant mess it up

Ye I get that, but the thing is you could always kill enemies in the rift with stasis, using melee was and still is more efficient to kill them, they still have to be inside the cataclysm to kill them (if u r in the cata as well), so the shooting part is realy just a meh, sounds good on paper but realy does not add any actual bonus (unless u hate melee, wich is a huge part of the game).

And the nerf part is that he is not as good in spy missions as he used to be.

Thats why i look at the buff part as very very niche mechanic, wich will satisfy the players who player WITH limbo but not AS limbo. Or maybe some limbo players will find another use for him, i dont know... but as i see it now, just use a frost instead of limbo's cata...

Limbo was my go to frame for spy missions after i got some experience with warframe, but i guess now its back to loki...

Edited by -CM-Harbinger
grammar