Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets devaule Rivens! Clean Edition!

Vediovis

7 hours ago, Feltal said:

What I meant was little time and little money. The second "little" was implied by the first. 

I'll say it again, if you don't have the time or money to invest into rivens there's nothing that can help that. The system is working as intended keeping vets occupied and making loads of money for devs.

I thought that was what you meant, but if some doesnt have the time or money i dont think theyd pe playing. I also thought I was pretty clear about being a vet, been playing for a very long time. I just have to work like a productive human being during the week.

The issue I have with rivens isn't that something is worth a lot of platinum, it's the rng factor and how it's possible for some people to literally make hundreds of dollars worth of platinum on their very first riven they ever opened. I've seen about 5 or 6 people that opened up like Lanka or Supra rivens with great stats as their first ever rivens from beating war within (worth between 3000 and 5000 platinum), while there are people like me that opened 80-90 and still haven't even unveiled a reasonable one (worth even 100 platinum to the market)

1 hour ago, --Q--Stryker said:

He means the fact that you posted from a Forum account that's not even 3 days old.

Makes more sense. 2nd post ever, havent used the forums before. And, honestly, this isnt my main. I still remember when the Grineer stuck close to the wall, trying to flank us. When everyone knew what a T4 was.

I really wish i couldve kept the old thread...

Edited by Vediovis

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

I don't see the point in providing the player with more avenues for accessing rivens. They are neither a necessary function nor a key component of the endgame.

Veiled rivens are already pretty cheap to buy up from players.

11 hours ago, Vediovis said:

Not necessary, but it is endgame. Ask a dedicated player of any game and thats thier goal.

19 hours ago, Vediovis said:

So DE let me know that i was using language that was inappropriate, (my vectis example), and i completely respect that. They also encouraged me to put up a clean version and I do want to continue to discuss this topic.

In original thread i talked about decreasing the insane inflation of prices on Rivens by adding a new source for rivens, in my opinion, the Market. Yes i know that im not forced to pay 2k-15k in platinum, but considering that Riven is simply a time sink for endgame and veiled ones are dime a dozen, it really boils down to stats driving the inflation. There are people asking alot for simply getting really lucky on unvieled and unrolled. Riven are not rare or liminted, just unique and up to preference.  I dont mind paying 50 bucks for someone's time and kuva, but am i paying for luck too? I know its up to the buyer and seller. I just think another source, (Market or whatever), for rivens would help those that dont have the time but the money, an idea that DE has stood firmly by since day one.

I honestly believe that MADEUPtennoname's, (not a real name, hopefully), time is just as important as my own, and on the same hand, asking for what is basically a car payment is pretty darn wacko.

There might be some willing to get a 75% discount, get Access, and still drop 2-3 hundred real dollars. But that shouldnt be how it is considering how Warframe has always been, with the exception of one mod that is now pointless.

I've purchased a Lanka riven with great stats for 1750 plat. I had no problem spending that kind of plat because it was well worth it. I also sold a Lanka riven to guy for 4000 plat after he begged me to buy it for like 15 minutes straight. He wanted the Mod that bad and was willing to shell out the plat. Of course it was a "god roll." 

What you are asking is asinine. 

4 hours ago, Vediovis said:

Not necessary, but it is endgame. Ask a dedicated player of any game and thats thier goal.

Dedicated player here: Rivens are not endgame and are not a necessary goal or function of Warframe. They represent shiny trophies for participating in a portion of the games endgame but do represent anything beyond a reward.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt said:

I've purchased a Lanka riven with great stats for 1750 plat. I had no problem spending that kind of plat because it was well worth it. I also sold a Lanka riven to guy for 4000 plat after he begged me to buy it for like 15 minutes straight. He wanted the Mod that bad and was willing to shell out the plat. Of course it was a "god roll." 

What you are asking is asinine. 

I know minimizing the possibility of overpricing is unpopular, but i cant argue with everyones' idea of fair price. Still, my opinion on it is just that.

Im a little more concerned about more than that.

Edited by Vediovis

1 hour ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Dedicated player here: Rivens are not endgame and are not a necessary goal or function of Warframe. They represent shiny trophies for participating in a portion of the games endgame but do represent anything beyond a reward.

Ok, not your endgame. And maybe not even some endurance players' endgame.

Heck, adding it to makert would probably make it less so.

But most are locked to mid-high Mastery rank and are someone's endgame, considering the idea behind them.

Edit: poor exmaple, but bear with me; legendary gear on WoW. Totally not necessary, but someone wants it for their build.

Edited by Vediovis

21 hours ago, Vediovis said:

So DE let me know that i was using language that was inappropriate, (my vectis example), and i completely respect that. They also encouraged me to put up a clean version and I do want to continue to discuss this topic.

In original thread i talked about decreasing the insane inflation of prices on Rivens by adding a new source for rivens, in my opinion, the Market. Yes i know that im not forced to pay 2k-15k in platinum, but considering that Riven is simply a time sink for endgame and veiled ones are dime a dozen, it really boils down to stats driving the inflation. There are people asking alot for simply getting really lucky on unvieled and unrolled. Riven are not rare or liminted, just unique and up to preference.  I dont mind paying 50 bucks for someone's time and kuva, but am i paying for luck too? I know its up to the buyer and seller. I just think another source, (Market or whatever), for rivens would help those that dont have the time but the money, an idea that DE has stood firmly by since day one.

I honestly believe that MADEUPtennoname's, (not a real name, hopefully), time is just as important as my own, and on the same hand, asking for what is basically a car payment is pretty darn wacko.

There might be some willing to get a 75% discount, get Access, and still drop 2-3 hundred real dollars. But that shouldnt be how it is considering how Warframe has always been, with the exception of one mod that is now pointless.

Rivens are a giant pay-to-win-slot-machine-lootbox system all in one, also doubling as the only endgame Warframe has at the moment (however crude and anti-consumer). Discussing this topic, you have to keep in mind that Rivens right now are the single biggest reason to buy/hoard plat in Warframe. Primed gear isn't worth anything since Void 2.0, so DE had to vault so many items just to keep the economy from plummeting completely; but relic system leaves plenty of relics on people's hands, so most of the vaulted stuff, with exception of the gear that got removed from the game before SotR update, still isn't worth much. Thus doesn't require people to invest real money into the game (when you can sell a couple of syndicate mods and get whatever you want, why would you invest real money?).

So 'God Rivens' are the main and only high-price commodity left in Warframe. Meaning, it's not in DE's interest to lower the prices (unless they do it accidenlty, like with prime gear). If suddenly tomorrow Rivens' prices drop to a 'reasonable' level, people will buy less plat, and canadians will starve in winter. Simple as that.

It could be done, if DE allow players to reroll stats on their Rivens individually. But that's unlikely to ever happen.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Rivens should be a stop-gap towards keeping all weapons balanced.

DE should aim for every weapon to have as low disposition as possible, by balancing weaker weapons rather than relying upon the market and rivens.

DE should also address those weapons which have an absurdly high disposition compared to their power.

Thought: What if the problem is that low disposition weapons have the same pool of effects as high disposition weapons.  Lets say we group all the high value effects such as raw damage, crit and multishot into one pile and say that only one could spawn on any low disposition riven mod. 

22 hours ago, Vediovis said:

Riven are not rare or liminted, just unique and up to preference.  I dont mind paying 50 bucks for someone's time and kuva, but am i paying for luck too?

YES!!!

You're not paying just for the riven, you're also paying for not having to spend an unknown amount of time farming Kuva, which could go from 10 minutes to weeks, or even months. You're paying to skip to worst part of rivens, which is ALL of its RNG layers.

I've rolled some rivens 50~100 times, and some of them only ended up with meh stats until I got tired. All that time I spent rolling them was just turned into ENDO, and would probably be better spent farming plat to buy the rivens I wanted (which weren't even considered godly).

Rivens don't reward time, they reward luck. Unfortunately, that's how it works.

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Rivens are a giant pay-to-win-slot-machine-lootbox system all in one

BS. There is nothing "PTW" whatsoever in any aspect of WF's revenue model including rivens unless it's "winning" fashionframe with cosmetics one can only get with plat, and yeah, I'm being facetious. A player can complete and do all content, and do it well, with a starter frame, can achieve high MR using that same starter frame, and very little grind other than basic mats used to build the gear to level for MR.

PTW WHAT exactly? There is no meaningful "score" of anything in the game, and what little scoring there is is almost utterly ignored by the playerbase...and "slot machine lootbox?" even more ridiculous.

For the nth time, WF is not a staged raid treadmill where certain grind or paid for with $$ gear is -required- to complete the next level of content. The term "Pay to Win" therefore, is wholly, utterly inapplicable to this game or any aspect of it including rivens.

As others point out over and over, rivens are vanity items... or rather, find a riven that can approximate the 100k+ dps available on a starter frame with mods every player gets for free.

Il y a 1 heure, AperoBeltaTwo a dit :

it's not in DE's interest to lower the prices

Exactly. Asking for anything that would greatly impact Warframe's profitability has absolutely ZERO chance to succeed unless you also provide DE with a better alternative. Until then, my boringly materialistic suggestion would be to start trading right now and earn those plats, instead of hoping for miracles. Seriously flipping some rivens isn't that hard, complicated, or time consuming.

Edited by Robolaser

2 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Serioulsy flipping some rivens isn't that hard, complicated, or time consuming.

I wish I could list here the 30 or so maxed, high quality rivens I have bought for under 100 plat from people anxious to sell them. Those people obviously want plat to buy slots, potatoes, forma, boosters, cosmetics, etc., more than they want riven mods. There's a reason for that and riven whiners need to connect the dots and learn the game instead of worrying about riven mods.

1 hour ago, Buttaface said:

I wish I could list here the 30 or so maxed, high quality rivens I have bought for under 100 plat from people anxious to sell them. Those people obviously want plat to buy slots, potatoes, forma, boosters, cosmetics, etc., more than they want riven mods. There's a reason for that and riven whiners need to connect the dots and learn the game instead of worrying about riven mods.

Ah, Butta. Id love to see these trades. I do believe there are cheap rivens out there and people with real common sense.

1 hour ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

YES!!!

You're not paying just for the riven, you're also paying for not having to spend an unknown amount of time farming Kuva, which could go from 10 minutes to weeks, or even months. You're paying to skip to worst part of rivens, which is ALL of its RNG layers.

I've rolled some rivens 50~100 times, and some of them only ended up with meh stats until I got tired. All that time I spent rolling them was just turned into ENDO, and would probably be better spent farming plat to buy the rivens I wanted (which weren't even considered godly).

Rivens don't reward time, they reward luck. Unfortunately, that's how it works.

Yup, again i understand that and it makes sense, UNTIL you realize how many lanka rivens there are for 8k-15k.

Thats alot of luck.

I know "alot of it trash", but it sets a norm and not everyone will sell for less.

Nothing in this game is worth a car payment in plat, and thats just a fact, sorry.

We can split hairs until Ballas shows back up, but its still out of control.

Im also starting to think that some people dont read all the post in this thead, (it is alot of text). I dont care to argue fair price, i just think another source would seriously help everyone, even if it hurt the people making hundreds of dollars in plat.

Edited by Vediovis

Honestly whoever pays 3-10k for a single mod is a fool. Its great for DE since it generates a huge demand for plat, but there is 0 content where a riven is necessary. You can kill eidolons just fine with a lanka without a riven, and I saw many many offers of really great lanka rivens for 1k plat max. People can ask anything for a riven, the problem is finding someone dumb enough to pay several thousand plat for it.

14 minutes ago, LordLixo said:

Honestly whoever pays 3-10k for a single mod is a fool. Its great for DE since it generates a huge demand for plat, but there is 0 content where a riven is necessary. You can kill eidolons just fine with a lanka without a riven, and I saw many many offers of really great lanka rivens for 1k plat max. People can ask anything for a riven, the problem is finding someone dumb enough to pay several thousand plat for it.

That's your opinion. I know a lot of people with well over 20-30k plat so a few thousand plat is nothing to them. Im pushing double that amount. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt said:

That's your opinion. I know a lot of people with well over 20-30k plat so a few thousand plat is nothing to them. Im pushing double that amount. 

Dude. Thats literally thousand dollars minimum without discounts. And, AGAIN, not everyone  has time to "farm" plat. DE literally equalized platinum verses Time by puting almost everything on the Market expect the easy stuff, loyalty rewards, one certain mod.

Edited by Vediovis