Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

more RiVEN capacity...

S0NGA

Hi, Im old in game (and age too) and I have a conservative collector profile...

I currently have all the conventional MODs (except those that came in the last update and the rare and very expensive Primed Chamber).

As for the conventional mods, I treated like a challenge and went fight to get one by one...

When MOD RiVEN came up, I feel kind of lost without knowing exactly what to do... some friends wanted RiVENs to weapons that already had a good firepower, this seemed good to me, but it did not attract me much... maybe to endgame.

Was when I opened a RiVEN for secondary weapon, that I realized what I really wanted to do with the RiVENs...
The weapon in question is AKJagara and the Riven that came was the Visipha and the parameters that came were so good that I did not even have to roll it.
Now, I was sure that I wanted to put catalyst and formas in weapons that I really liked the style but did not have a good firepower, but now, Riven will balance this issue!

From that day on, I was lucky enough with the RiVENs...  they came to the weapons that I liked and they had good parameters as soon as they opened, without needing kuva.

Everything was going well, until the day that appeared the capacity limitation of 90 RiVENs at the maximum...  then I started filtering to the maximum what I really wanted... but a moment arrived that did not have more what to do... all the RiVENs that were in the 90 spaces, are RiVENs that I really do not want to "kill".

I come to this forum, to bring my appeal so that this quantity can be replaced by the same quantity as the conventional ones, which means there is no limitation... there are still many weapons to be explored and I would like to be able "meet" them all!  🙂

DE make a lot of money from Riven Slots, but they're still hesitant to add more as Rivens take up a lot of data space due to their randomized nature. the idea behind Rivens was to make your favourite weapons even more powerful, with emphasis on those who like using non-meat and otherwise underpowered weapons. if Riven slots were infinite, everyone would just get a Riven for every weapon they have, and then what? we're supposed to be more careful with Rivens and only put them on weapons we want.

they might increase it in the future again, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have some rivens too (around 30), but I only keep those for the weapons I really like and mostly important, play with. Do you really play with 90 weapons? I just saw a few players with that issue and they are riven traders, created multiple accounts just because of riven limitation.

I would prefer that DE not lock riven transmuting behind the Eidolon Hydrolist. If i was able to dispose of unwanted rivens without "wasting" them, my ability to manage riven storage would increase  significantly.  If i have enough rivens worth keeping, i would then buy riven slots to maintain my collection while reserving space for transmutees.\

My view of this topic is rather distorted, isn't it?

Only time will tell... they've increased the capacity once from 60 to 90, so there's still hope.

I also only use rivens for the weapons I enjoy, and rolled 92% of them into decent stats. There are a few weapons I want to try with a riven just for fun, but I don't have any more slots, just like you.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

...if Riven slots were infinite, everyone would just get a Riven for every weapon they have, and then what?

and currently what prevents someone from putting a riven on any weapon they want to put?!?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

...we're supposed to be more careful with Rivens...

which ones?!? I can have any RiVEN that comes in the "lottery"

Sorry me, but  this was not a good argument... maybe the argument about the space needed to store so much data... yes, its a good one argument!

1 minute ago, S0NGA said:

what prevents someone from putting a riven on any weapon they want to put?!?

absolutely nothing, but you're missing the point. Rivens were intended to be something you put on your favourite weapons, not as many weapons as possible. they have been skewed into that now though.

1 minute ago, S0NGA said:

which ones?!? I can have any RiVEN that comes in the "lottery"

yeah you can.. until you can't buy any more slots.  which is the issue you brought up here.

15 minutes ago, Tenno.Rukasu said:

...I only keep those for the weapons I really like...

please, ready carefully my text again.

15 minutes ago, Tenno.Rukasu said:

Do you really play with 90 weapons?

of course not!! you actually read my text?!? and understood my arguments?!?

I think not, because you compared me to traders and I was clear that I am an old fashioned collector

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

absolutely nothing, but you're missing the point. Rivens were intended to be something you put on your favourite weapons, not as many weapons as possible...

ok, how many favorite weapons made you happy to put rivens in them?! 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

...yeah you can.. until you can't buy any more slots.  which is the issue you brought up here.

sorry me, but it does not make sense to me.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

...I also only use rivens for the weapons I enjoy, and rolled 92% of them into decent stats. There are a few weapons I want to try with a riven just for fun, but I don't have any more slots, just like you.

thank you (PS4)iQuedas... welcome to the club!!! 😉

it's cool to put catalyst and several forms until the weapon is just to your liking, right?

1 hour ago, S0NGA said:

it's cool to put catalyst and several forms until the weapon is just to your liking, right?

Yes, and then seeing them perform just as good as a high MR weapon is really satisfying.

I say they need to keep the 90 slots. Keep lets say 80 that you must keep and sell the rest. as someone else said they limit because of data storage.

I mean if they make a small fee a month they could allow for lets say double the max?

Edited by (XB1)Solargeo

• 3 weeks later...

I came to the conclusion that there will be no more spaces of rives, because this will be an inconvenience to DE be able store so much information of users!

This way I have a new proposal: